Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Handles & Man Boobs page

skinnrg is offline Junior Member

Question Love Handles & Man Boobs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've always struggled with weight loss. I've tried a few diets and was strict with calorie counting a couple times. Last summer I dropped 35 lbs and gained 15 lbs back. Sitting at 220lbs I wasn't feeling great with my body.

So 2 months ago I decided I would try going Paleo. To my surprise I've lost 17lbs and I'm feeling great again. Now, I've always had love handles and dreaded man boobs. I was always under the mind set that cardio would take care of this, which from reading online isn't the case. A few weeks ago I decided to take advantage of the free gym at work. I usually run a couple miles to warm up and then do weights.

What would be the best exercises to eliminate these issues of mine? I've done weights before, but never really had a specific plan.

Any help would be appreciated.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you've lost 17 pounds in 2 months, you're doing exactly what you need to be doing to continue to lose fat. There is no exercise that will spot-reduce fat.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If you've lost 17 pounds in 2 months, you're doing exactly what you need to be doing to continue to lose fat. There is no exercise that will spot-reduce fat.
    +1

skinnrg is offline Junior Member
    Thanks eKatherine! I guess I'll just keep doing the weights and cardio as I've been doing and hopefully the weight will drop from those areas over time.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    If you only have time for cardio or weights, pick weights.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Walk. Everywhere. A lot.

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Pushups. I used to lift alot when I was younger and stopped as I got older. My lean pecs slowly turned into moobs. On my journey back into healthy living I found out (through p90x) that pushups are just a rock solid exercise. Easy to do, so many variations, and you can pump out a few solid sets in minutes.

My chest is definitely alot harder now and I credit it to pushups.

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    I have had notorious love handle problems my whole life. In the past two months, I have tightened up on diet, and really started working the weights. For the first time ever I am seeing my hip bones, and starting to see less love handles. I also got calipered the other day and was at 18% body fat (female) which... even if the calipers were off by 3 percent is still pretty damn low. Morale of the story? Love handles are the LAST LAST LAST thing to go for some people. Keep doing what you're doing, and add weights. Someone else said walk everywhere. This is valid.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I too had love handles and moobs. Lost the former, working on the latter. Keep it up, they might be the last to go.

M.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    dropping dairy (milk) and alcohol might help the man boob problems

estrogen is not really good for man boobs!
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast