Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life page 2

Antiochia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Now this looks interesting - it is post #40 from the thread "How do you like your coffee" http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94059-4.html

"I put a large spoonful of coconut oil in with a cap full of pure vanilla extract, a few shakes of cinnamon and a few shakes of cacao powder, add coffee and drop in an egg. Hit it with a stick blender for about 5-7 seconds, drink. Amazing. "

Sounds like a good breakfast to take with you if you are in a hurry! -- that is if it tastes as good as the poster says!

Edit 2/25/14: I finally tried this last week. It really is very good and makes a good hot breakfast you can take with you in a commuter mug. (I get tired of sweet cold smoothies!)
    Last edited by Antiochia; 02-25-2014 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Finally tried the recipe!
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Okay -- I'll be modifying this recipe for lunch:Gluten-Free Broccoli Cheese Soup – made with REAL FOOD ingredients

I'll use up some frozen broccoli, frozen ham stock, and frozen cheese.
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Today I'm on a clear liquids diet -- so I made the following to help me pretend I was eating solid food:

PEACH TEA APPLE GELL-O

2 tablespoons granulated gelatin
    1/2 cup cold water
    1/2 cup apple juice concentrate*
    3 cups boiling water
    1 tablespoon honey
    3 herbal peach tea bags
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a separate small bowl mix the gelatin and the cold water and set aside

In a quart-size non-metal bowl, put the apple juice concentrate, boiling water, honey, and tea bags. Let steep for at least 5 minutes or longer. Remove the tea bags. Then stir in the gelatin mixture and vanilla. Chill for several hours until solid. Quite good and no questionable ingredients!

*Note: I use frozen apple juice - I open a can of frozen concentrate and put the contents into a wide mouth pint-size jar in the freezer; then I scrape out what I need for recipes. If it thaws, it doesn't hurt it to re-freeze it.
    Ruth

~Bill Cosby

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiochia View Post
    Today I'm on a clear liquids diet
    Vodka? I hope this means vodka.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    I think your food sounds delicious Antiochia. Feel free to slap Mr. Anthony on the knuckles. Now combining vodka with gelatin would give you what? Vodka jelly? Very primal. (Raises eyebrow)
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Vodka? I hope this means vodka.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Actually when my husband had to be on clear liquids last year, he made a point of asking the doctor about beer and found that beer was indeed a "clear liquid." We had a party to go to that night, so he skipped all the food and enjoyed his beer.

Now he's encouraging me to drink beer... wine... whiskey... between the glasses of medication I have to drink to clean me out tonight. Don't think I'll do that though!
    Ruth

~Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    I think your food sounds delicious Antiochia. Feel free to slap Mr. Anthony on the knuckles. Now combining vodka with gelatin would give you what? Vodka jelly? Very primal. (Raises eyebrow)
    Gelatin with vodka...hmmm... never thought of that... maybe next time!
    Ruth

~Bill Cosby

I don't get this. The only solid food I had Wednesday was breakfast (eggs and sausage), then just clear liquids. Yesterday I had my conlonoscopy, and then I had leftover broccoli cheese soup and a banana. We went out for supper and I had salad with blue cheese dressing, and a veggie and sausage main dish topped with alfredo sauce and cheese with a small glass of white wine. After we came home, while DH ate ice cream, I ate a few pieces of dried fruit (3 prunes and a date) and a couple brazil nuts. This morning, the scale says I've GAINED 2 pounds!!!

Maybe it was all the sodium in the solution I had to drink to clean myself out. It was also LOADED with aspertame. It was so sweet I could hardly swallow it. Why do they do that? I would much prefer a sour solution, with optional sweetener to add sparingly.

Anyway -- glad THAT's over with for another 3 - 5 years (My mother died of colon cancer at the age of 69, so my doc wants me tested frequently now).
    Ruth

~Bill Cosby

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry those two pounds will be fluids you retain from the sodium. Be careful with salt for a day or two and it will be gone.

Good luck!!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I dropped about a pound but the other pound is hanging on. I keep slowly gaining weight even on primal I must be eating to much. I'm thinking about following the Atkins plan, but eating primally. At least then I would have my food amounts planned for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Ruth

~Bill Cosby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast