Thread: nutrition help page

dlkempt is offline Junior Member

I'm stuck

Shop Now
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've been primal since January 2013. I feel great and I love it. I exercise five to six times a week. Mostly stairstepper at the gym. I love hiking and bicycling. I sprint once a week. I do weights twice a week for bout 20 min. Saturdays if I can I usually do yoga. My diet is mostly gress fed meat(chicken, beef, turkey), sea food, healthy fats( coconut oil, olive oil, avocados ect.) , vegetable, greens, and fruit. I love making green smoothies I've been doing that forever and I've been able to keep my weight between 115 and 118 pounds. But lately I've noticed that my scale number keeps going up 122 pounds this morning. Its been very frustrating because I really haven't changed anything I've been doing.. Do u guys have any suggestions on what I can do/eat or not do to get rid off the extra weight and maintain it.? My goal is to be around 115 pounds. That's where I felt most comfortable. Thanks

26 years old/female/5"6/122 pounds/active
    Last edited by dlkempt; 08-14-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Granted, I don't know much about this, but 5''6 and 115 pounds? It sounds a bit underweight.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    You really need to take note of your portion sizes. They may be getting larger than you think.

Spheni is offline Member
    I'd take a look in the mirror before worrying about the number on the scale. Or pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. You may not be putting on fat. It could be your body composition is changing to more muscle.

Mini_mi is offline Member
    122 @5'6" lol Sorry but really don't think it's time to panic. Looking at what you do for exercise most likely your building some good muscle. My wife is your height and 130lbs, she looks fantastic, very toned and fit. Body composition much more important than body weight.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps get a body fat analysis done. Pair of calipers would do the trick (20$ max). Then you would have a better basis for analyzing your body comp and determine if 115 to 122 is really that you have put on fat, or perhaps a bit of lean mass.

dlkempt is offline Junior Member
    I guess you guys are probably right. Because my clothes fit the same but I just feel bigger. And ive always been really small so this is freaking me out a little

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your stair-stepping is going to build your quads. That's probably where the weight has come from.