Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Colpo's response to Lustig, Taubes and Toxic Sugar page 4

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    This Anthony guy has 1101 likes on Facebook, Catalyst has a bigger audience than him. The information is useful for someone starting out in their search for better health. He just likes writing big letters and big noting himself.
    You seriously think Facebook likes are an accurate measure of someone's audience? And have you even read any of Colpo's work beside just this one piece?
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I like Colpo despite the fact that he can be abrasive and has had at least one go around with just about everyone in the diet, fitness, and cholesterol world. Richard Nikoley, Martin Berkhan, Fred Hahn and Durrian (not saying that he's not a douche bag that tangles with everyone himself) have also all had inflammatory exchanges with him as well.

Colpo himself doesn't really advocate for sugar use, he just doesn't think that carbohydrates should be demonized and that exercise is an important part of staying healthy. He also thinks that if you're going to be giving out health and dietary advice you should be fit yourself. I agree with him on that. Guys like Lustig and Taubes would be better served to get into top shape themselves before they go advocating for their causes.

I like that guys like Anthony Colpo, Alan Aragon, Mark Sissan, Martin Berkhan, and Lyle MacDonald are themselves lean and fit. I think it's better to get health and dietary advice from people that are doing something that have their own fitness issues nailed down.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Durrian....
    DurianRider? I have to read that for some light entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    DurianRider? I have to read that for some light entertainment.
    Yes that Durian, and their exchange was funny.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Guys like Lustig and Taubes would be better served to get into top shape themselves before they go advocating for their causes.
    Is there a swimsuit photo of Taubes floating around where he weighs 300 pounds that I've missed? In all the pictures I've seen he looks fine.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    Is there a swimsuit photo of Taubes floating around where he weighs 300 pounds that I've missed? In all the pictures I've seen he looks fine.
    Well you see he doesn't have an 8 pack. Your ideas on nutrition and health are invalid without a shirtless photo exhibiting an unhealthy obsession..... Errr.... I mean to say a healthy 4% body fat. I mean its not like you could ever find an out of shape strength and conditioning coach right?

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    Nothing like like that exists that I'm aware of. Coplo has a pic of him in his article and if by fine you mean slightly overweight and doesn't get much exercise then yes. What doesn't exist is a pic of him in great shape. Point being if you're going to preach health and fitness through diet then be fit yourself.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing like like that exists that I'm aware of. Coplo has a pic of him in his article and if by fine you mean slightly overweight and doesn't get much exercise then yes. What doesn't exist is a pic of him in great shape. Point being if you're going to preach health and fitness through diet then be fit yourself.
    I agree with you to some extent. However, there is a problem when people start discounting accurate information because it's coming from a person who isn't "ripped". For example, based upon this logic, Ronnie Coleman should have the most knowledge and be able to give the most accurate information on bodybuilding, but this is not true.

I do think that everyone should practice what they preach, but there are too many other factors that come into play with physique (genetics being the main one). I'm definitely not saying that Anthony is wrong to bring up the physiques of the people he's questioning because he always has the science there to back it up, and I'm certainly not making excuses for Taubes and Lustig. However it does become a problem when people use appearance as the only measure of the accuracy of information.

That said, I agree with Anthony on most topics, I just wanted to throw that out there.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Yes, it's not the merit of the ideas being presented, it's the packaging they come in that really matters.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast