Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Refuting Primal page

Beachgirl is offline Member

Refuting Primal

Shop Now
    Last edited by Beachgirl; 08-15-2013 at 07:51 PM.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl View Post
    For your consideration and please leave comments only after you have thoroughly read this.

The Asian Paradox: End of the Line for Low Carb Diets? | Healthy Longevity
    lol

Mark Sisson has promoted
    use of synthetic testosterone .
    This is certainly not a muscle
    enhancing substance that his
    imaginary caveman companion
    Grok had access to.

otzi Guest
    lolol

this makes the diet that Sisson promotes essentially in one variant or another a rebranded Atkins diet. Aside from the lack of originality, there is an ever-increasing amount of evidence demonstrating harm of such a diet.

otzi Guest
    busted

Mark Sisson sells whey protein, among many
    other supplements. These supplements were
    certainly not available to Paleolithic humans.

Paleobird Guest
    Wow. That was a major mash up of nonsense. The big picture of the needle at the top saying that Mark Sisson advocates testosterone injections is ridiculous. Anyone bothering to read the link can see that it is a 2007 article in a publication by for and about marathoners and it was specifically directed at elderly marathoners trying to stay at the top of their game. It was mentioned in passing as one of many things a person of a certain age could do if they really wanted to keep their competitive edge.

That is not the same thing as him "advocating" testosterone injections. Extreme athletes in an extreme sport who are aging are not the same as the "normal people" to whom his dietary recommendations are geared.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I'm not going to thoroughly read it. Who is "Healthy Longevity"? Nothing on the blog identifies the author. Noone speaks of an Asian paradox. I have been to SE Asia many times and visited other parts of Asia. The striking lesson from those visits is that Asians do not eat much rice at all. They eat a lot of vegetables, a lot of seafood and some meats. Oops, sounds like a Mediterranean diet.

Yes some Asians eat wheat. Minger has shown the wheat eaters in the China Study were the most prone to metabolic disease. Indians, particularly in the north of the country, eat a lot of wheat and have very high rates of metabolic diseases

And referencing an Honours thesis to prove that a paleo diet is deleterious to blood lipids? Get real
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

otzi Guest
    Wow! This article nailed it...my weightloss and health gains are imaginary...damn that Mark Sisson, T-swilling, snake-oil selling bastard! Eat wheat-not animals! It's right there in the article...what a bizarre article. They must really hate Mark.

Paleobird Guest
    And did you see the whole lineup of articles off to the right which are all in support of "Forks Over Knives" and the China "study" on that website?

I call vegan BS.

otzi Guest
    The date makes it look like it was written yesterday, but the discussion thread starts in Sep 2012...

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I'm not going to thoroughly read it. Who is "Healthy Longevity"? Nothing on the blog identifies the author.
    I saw vegan links on the page and the article he/she linked was mentioned by banana boy recently.

Quick Google search Healthy Longevity is a member on 30bananas a day site with a members page.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast