Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why I get so hungry? page 2

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Heavy carb? Carbs do not keep you as full as protein might, maybe you should have "heavy protein" meals! That's what I do and they keep me full for 7 to 8 hours straight!

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    The same exact thing happened to me. I was hungry all the time in the beginning. All I had to do was add a lot more fat and now I eat only 2 meals a day, sometimes one and I am never hungry. I am not overweight so its not like I have a big reserve. I would try eating more avocado, coconut whipped cream with berries, nuts or nut butter, egg yolks, grassfed butter, coconut oil, etc. It worked for me. IF also helped me with my hunger.

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    I just don't really eat fruit... I suppose my fear of hurting all of the work ive put into getting really lean. I had some banana and mango smoothie last weekend and my body couldn't handle the fructose.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I'll agree and disagree with PB. Yes eat more and eat 3 meals a day until you are adapted. No, don't snack - it leads to chronically elevated insulin and will interfere with fat adaptation, which is basically just about being insulin sensitive and burning glucose when insulin is high and fat when insulin is low
    Just for clarity, I am not advocating snacking as a long term strategy but rather as an interim measure until the OP gets weight stable at a good spot.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    I just don't really eat fruit... I suppose my fear of hurting all of the work ive put into getting really lean.
    6' @169 lb - yep that's really lean............and hungry

I had some banana and mango smoothie last weekend and my body couldn't handle the fructose.
    In what way? I tempted to call B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post

In what way? I tempted to call B.S.
    In the way that I felt like I was on cocaine, eyes were bugging out of my head and the "come down" made me feel sick

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    In the way that I felt like I was on cocaine, eyes were bugging out of my head and the "come down" made me feel sick
    Hmm ok. So have you had problem with fruit before?

This sounds like a super extreme response to what should be a low toxic food.

I'd be interested to other people's comments on this.

I agree my response is strange... 15 months ago I used to eat apple's, berries, oranges, peaches and nectarines often with no ill effect

CHess is offline Junior Member
    I am experiencing the same problem. I am fairly new to the primal/paleo concept, however I have been eating similarly for years; avoiding most grains and dairy but loading up on veggies. I have recently started adding more protein because I am big into lifting and realized I wasn't giving my muscles enough to recover properly. I have cut out all grains and dairy now but I am still hungry. I am striving to get 1 gram of protein per pound with more lean meats and even protein shakes but I am still hungry! I am also worried that I am not eating enough calories. I usually workout 6 days a week with a mix of heavy lifting, HIIT and other forms of cardio. Any ideas on what I can add to my diet?

Zen11 is offline Member
    Anytime I have a lot of carbs in the morning my hunger is uncontrollable all day. I do much better on a high protein/high fat meal for breakfast. Save your carbs for the evening meal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast