Thread: Hello! page

Oxidd1979 is offline Junior Member

Hello!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

I'm Ben, 33 from Montreal.

I started eating primal on monday, i've been thinking about it for a bit and once i finished reading the PB book i was convinced. Now trying to get my wife to read it. She's ok with cutting carbs but not convinced to eat more fat (she finds it gross).

I'm 5'9".
    I was 240lbs 2.5 years ago, went down to 204 for my wedding in 11-12 months. Since the wedding i gained weight, up to 224 2 weeks ago. This morning was back at 220. I would like loose fat and be under 20%.

The 36 lbs i lost was done with the CICO way, but i was still eating to much crap. Now i'm eating clean except for my Heinz Ketchup that i still have from time to time. I'll try a recipe for primal Ketchup.

Have a nice day!

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Hi Ben! Welcome and congrats on starting your journey!
    I can definitely sympathize with your wife. The idea of eating so much fat grossed me out as well. I started with avocados and adding a little bit more olive or coconut oil to my meals. This might work for her.

Best of luck!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbbyCK View Post
    Hi Ben! Welcome and congrats on starting your journey!
    I can definitely sympathize with your wife. The idea of eating so much fat grossed me out as well. I started with avocados and adding a little bit more olive or coconut oil to my meals. This might work for her.

Best of luck!
    +1

I have a few tablespoons of Heinz per week. Changing to home made won't make any difference.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Finn Felton is offline Junior Member
    Hello and welcome to marksdailyapple forum, Ben. I wish you have a wonderful stay. Eat healthy and don't give too much stress on being fit. Just a bit exercise and fruits and green vegetable can stabilize your weight.

Keep in touch, I'll see you around.

Oxidd1979 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for all the support!

Over 1 week in, already see a difference. The wife is seeing some too. No more mid-afternoon crash, not hungry in the morning until 10-11am, farts have pretty much disappeared! lol

Had a little bit of my 20% on Sunday, my primal friends had us over for supper, with a nice primal pizza and dessert, but they had some gluten-free Tostitos and salsa for a cheat. I got some. 1 hour later the farts were back and my wife's allergy that had disappeared since the switch came back.