Thread: Injury Recovery page

IanG is offline Junior Member

Injury Recovery

Primal Fuel
    So its been about a year since I embarked on a "mostly" grain free diet. My IBS doesnt seem to have been affected and I still get very painful, immobilising stomach cramps and I've not really noticed a difference at all. I'm not saying thats a problem, in fact to change a diet and it not have a detrimental affect on how I live is a good thing.
    But, I've been building a new home here in Spain and developed "tennis elbow" I think because I've been dipping bricks into water and lifting them out again, hundreds of them. Its the only repetitive action that I can think has caused the problem. The issue is, I cant shake it. I have physio once a week, do some exrcises, ice it yet it still remains as painful as ever. Could a change it diet affect how you recover or am I just getting old? Does anyone have any sugggestions for me to try because its doing my crust in now. Its been months!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yup the lack of grains have given you tennis elbow.... now go eat a pizza

Nah, seriously. Sounds like you have a lot of gut issues that are unresolved. You may need to consider a gut testing and specific protocol. The other thing is not EVERYTHING is strictly diet. Could be you have some biodynamic/mechanical issues going on. Honestly nobody knows based on just your post. But what everyone will probably agree on is that its not due to a grain deficiency.

IanG is offline Junior Member
    Yeah realise the content is minimal and the physio did mention that she thought I had stomach problems and that can be causing the issue with both shoulder(yep didnt mention that either) and elbow. But wanted to check to see if others may have seen an issue on recovery.

cheers for the quick response

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yup the lack of grains have given you tennis elbow.... now go eat a pizza

Nah, seriously. Sounds like you have a lot of gut issues that are unresolved. You may need to consider a gut testing and specific protocol. The other thing is not EVERYTHING is strictly diet. Could be you have some biodynamic/mechanical issues going on. Honestly nobody knows based on just your post. But what everyone will probably agree on is that its not due to a grain deficiency.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Yeah realise the content is minimal and the physio did mention that she thought I had stomach problems and that can be causing the issue with both shoulder(yep didnt mention that either) and elbow. But wanted to check to see if others may have seen an issue on recovery.

cheers for the quick response
    Well if its same side shoulder and elbow you could have issue with the entire kinetic chain including your neck, thoracic, scapula... all the way down that arm. These things tend to work together, and focusing on just one link in that chain may not get you the results you are looking for. Has your physio looked at these other regions to determine if they could be contributing to the issue?