Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Getting disheartened by lack of weight loss............ page 4

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How are you measuring your progress?

Ditto on completely eliminating gluten. If you have a hand blender, try making coffee with butter/coconut oil and using that (bulletproof coffee).

My best advice is to take an honest look at what you eat. Maybe a food journal (not calorie counting) just so you're more conscious of your intake.

And minimize stress. I've had a back injury (upper) and understand how frustrating it can be when you feel held back by it. I was 210 lbs when I sprained my back and I'm 175 now (with a shoulder in top of that, blergh).

If you haven't tried minimalist shoes like Merrells or Vibrams, please do. They do so much for proper spinal alignment.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hey there,

So, I've taken more steps and realised I've probably not been totally honest with what I am eating, and the small cheats are adding up.

I've decided to try and cut out coffee and splenda for this week and I'm having green tea and 2 h/b eggs for brekkie, my home made meatloaf and veggie / eggy bake for lunch, and dinner will be meat and veg.

I did go shopping for clothes yesterday and came out with a size 6 pair of skinny jeans - maybe I'm doing OK after all?!?!

And the one day I ate tuna / mayo last week I felt aweful so I'm not going to be repeating that again for a while....!

Thanks again,
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    One of the best things I did for myself was to eliminate cheese completely for a while. I tapped away the cravings. What I found was that craving cheese was not about cheese, it was about permitting myself to snack on cheese rather than fixing more meat when I craved protein. I also limit fruit, but I still eat more than most Americans, so I'm not sure that counts.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot-Girl View Post
    I did go shopping for clothes yesterday and came out with a size 6 pair of skinny jeans - maybe I'm doing OK after all?!?!
    Congrats! You're on your way.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    One of the best things I did for myself was to eliminate cheese completely for a while. I tapped away the cravings. What I found was that craving cheese was not about cheese, it was about permitting myself to snack on cheese rather than fixing more meat when I craved protein. I also limit fruit, but I still eat more than most Americans, so I'm not sure that counts.
    Hey

I did that a while ago, and totally went from having cheese ALL the time, to never. I now have it but rarely.

I did some home cooking at the weekend which should eliminate the knee jerk reactions to getting something 'to go' or whatever....! I'm going to try and up my fish intake too as I eat alot of red meat.

Trial and error but still this is a path I know is right for me.

M
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234