Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals also getting fatter page

thinkmonkeys is offline Junior Member

Animals also getting fatter

Primal Fuel
    Interesting study

"Our pets are becoming obese, as well as pests and vermin…but bafflingly, so have laboratory rats given the same controlled diets that have been in use for decades."

https://disinfo.com/2013/08/animals-...etting-fatter/

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's curious.

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Some people say it's like how animals can feel earthquakes and natural disasters before they happen, they are sensing a coming ice age so they are storing more fat.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Hehehe! Love that!

My cat went Primal before I did. Switched her to grain-free, soy-free food and she lost her pendulum stomach. Lazes around a little less too.

Folks think our pets need heart healthy whole grains for some ridiculous reason.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    was at a cook-out recently and there were lots of neighborhood dogs in the fray, many of whom were definitely fat and slow-moving. all those owners had tales of woe about their dog's cavities and gum disease issues. it was a totally wtf moment for me, but they all were feeding the dogs doritos, hot dog buns, cookies, etc. one lady said she made mac and cheese "just for the dog" because he loved it so much.

my gawd people are profoundly stoopid.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Bill C is offline Junior Member
    Um... Did you notice that this article comes from a site called disinfo.com? Short for Disinformation, the proudly displayed title of the news site?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill C View Post
    Um... Did you notice that this article comes from a site called disinfo.com? Short for Disinformation, the proudly displayed title of the news site?
    Well I don't actually think it means what you think though....From the about page:

"Disinfo.com, our web presence, collects the most shocking, unusual and quirkiest news articles, podcasts and videos on the web, most of which are submitted by the site’s visitors. It is our intent that Disinformation becomes news that you did not know you needed … based on the idea that anyone can define what news is today in our hypermediated, cybercultural world. If you would like to join us in this task, just read on."

https://disinfo.com/about/

Plus I recall seeing this elsewhere. It has been around and reported on prior to this site.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The problem is that people don't actually know what's in their food. A Russian lady I knew moved here and gained 50 pounds eating "the same food". But it's not the same food. You know as well as I do that growers consistently try to put as much petroleum-based chemicals and vegetable-based oils into their food. The amount of "food" in people's "food" is constantly decreasing and being replaced with more and more toxic byproducts. It still looks like a noodle, but if you saw how they made it, you'd never eat it - unlike the noodles 100 years ago.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The problem is that people don't actually know what's in their food. A Russian lady I knew moved here and gained 50 pounds eating "the same food". But it's not the same food. You know as well as I do that growers consistently try to put as much petroleum-based chemicals and vegetable-based oils into their food. The amount of "food" in people's "food" is constantly decreasing and being replaced with more and more toxic byproducts. It still looks like a noodle, but if you saw how they made it, you'd never eat it - unlike the noodles 100 years ago.
    Totally agree, Knife. Animals that eat our non-foods will suffer the same consequences as us. Even wild animals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast