Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animals also getting fatter page 2

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, my Himalayan cat, Bailey, is going to turn 18 in 2 months. He is still going strong and has been on Primal, grain-free food for most of this life. While he does have some health problems, the vet said he is doing WAY better than other cats his age and should be around for a few more years.

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    Drives me crazy when you see a tiny packet of bone shaped biscuits in the shop at $4 a packet, and yet yesterday I bought a side of beef brisket bones - about 2kg - for $5. (funny, the butcher expected me to walk away with this in a small plastic bag, I had to ask to get it cut up - it was half a cows rib cage, about 2 feet long)

TV vets and vet shows go on about a healthy diet for dogs being low fat/ low calorie kibble ffs.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkmonkeys View Post
    Interesting study

"Our pets are becoming obese, as well as pests and vermin…but bafflingly, so have laboratory rats given the same controlled diets that have been in use for decades."

https://disinfo.com/2013/08/animals-...etting-fatter/

One word: Light.

There's plenty of evidence that light-pollution from electric lights and gadgets, streetlamps, TVs, mobile phones, and computer screens can interfere with one's biochemistry pretty badly. See, for example, Lights Out:

Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival: T. S. Wiley, Bent Formby: 9780671038687: Amazon.com: Books

Also see this from the Caveman Doctor:

Sleeping Away Cancer - Caveman Doctor

Further ... I haven't looked at Dr. Kruse's site for some months now, but he tends to have a fair bit on this, too. See for example:

BRAIN GUT 11: IS TECHNOLOGY AN ACHILLES HEEL? | Living an Optimized Life

You miss all this if you think only in terms of food.

It's kinda interesting that Kitava had no electricity supply, when Lindeberg was there, isn't it? Kitava for those who don't know:

TheKitavaStudy

You hear people in the Ancestral Health movement who have a taste for carbs making a big deal of the fact that there were plenty of these around on Kitava. True enough. But was the Kitavans' health (such as it was -- they are, among other things, rather small) purely down to diet? Maybe they were healthy in spite of, rather than because of, the carbs. And maybe the absence of electric light actually had something to do with it.

And here's another -- maybe not being overheated with central heating has some impact, too.

If you read Staffan Lindeberg's original papers, you find he had to run his equipment -- centrifuges and whatnot -- off a portable generator. No electricity. Maybe that mattered to Kitava in a way that had never occurred to Lindeberg.

I've been around the houses ... The point I wanted to make is this: our pets (unlike wild animals) live with us and, consequently, are exposed, like us, to light-pollution. I think it unlikely that this doesn't matter.

DigiSurg is offline Member
    no light means no electricity which means no excess EMF.......that is paleo/primal's missing link. EMF Rx: The Top Ten EMF FAQs | Living an Optimized Life
    EMF 2: Einstein, Meet Leptin | Living an Optimized Life how mass equivalence and energy are related in all neolithic diseases based upon the laws of nature not man's beliefs.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    We have 8 cats, each of which gets a measured portion. Otherwise 6 would look like beach balls and 2 would be seriously underweight.

my last two blogs are entering in the most important part of my quilt and blog........that the field our cells are subjected to are the most important variable of life.......when the EMF field changes all constants in science are altered........this includes Einstein's mass equivalence.......for obesity.......and it also include radiation decay rates........this is not subject to debate in the blogosphere because these are nature's laws........not man's. Inconstant Radioactive Decay Startles Physicists | Space News - YouTube

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Very good points Lewis. There is so much in our modern life that affects our health, I suspect that we are seeing a culmination of a lot unhealthy influences: as mentioned diet, light, lack of sleep, toxins and I think also alienation and living lives that are disconnected from meaning; our pets are in the same boat.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12