Thread: New Guy page

nw-outlaw is offline Junior Member

New Guy

Primal Fuel
    New member checking in! I have been a long time reader of MDA and have read the Primal Blueprint, but need to get more serious. I have been fat pretty much my whole life since 2nd or 3rd grade and am ready to make a permanent change. Currently I am 23, 5' 10", 247 lbs as of this morning, would like to get down under 200 lbs is the goal for now. For the past year or so I have dabbled in going primal but have never fully embraced it. In high school I was tipping the scale near 300 lbs, I remember filling out the form for my graduation gown and putting down 275 lbs as my weight and hoping I could get down to that by the time my gown showed up. When I was 19 I started eating a lot less, I found if I drank coffee it would take my hunger away too. The lowest I got to doing that time was about 237 lbs and I felt great losing that 40 lbs or so. Unfortunately though I started working real early in the morning and going to school, I was getting about 4 hours of sleep a night, drinking lots of sugary caffeine drinks and eating fast food. I gained back everything that I had previously lost. That brings me to my current situation, at the end of December 2012 I weighed 273 lbs. In the last 8 months, I have been trying to eat primal but have not been real committed. I am down 26 lbs since December, but know that I can do better than that. Recently I have been eating better, jogging, doing push-ups, lifting weights and riding my bike. I think I am going to start a journal to help keep me accountable and be able to see my progress. Wish me luck, and encourage me!

Spheni is offline Member
    Just wanted to say hello and good luck! I've been following PB for 6 weeks and really love it.

denver83 is offline Junior Member
    Hi NW,

Welcome to the forum.

It's hard to give up on chocolate etc for me but I just went cold turkey and keep the cravings away using Greek yoghurt, fruit and honey.

I'm 3 weeks in and 11 pounds down.

Keep it up you'll get there.

Rig D is offline Member
    Your starting physique is very close to where I was 13 months ago although I have +40 years on you. I've lost almost 60 lbs since. Be patient with it. Stick with Mark's program as close as you can, do the food, do the exercise, don't go nuts over reading the scale daily. Just feel better!

nw-outlaw is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks everyone, I have been doing pretty good this week. Its inspiring hearing about everyones success.