Thread: what are some good workouts after a car accident. page

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member

what are some good workouts after a car accident.

Shop Now
    An accident a week ago left me with a stiff neck (don't have full range of motion but it is improving), painful upper back (feels like it's burning) and an uncomfortable (but not painful) knee and ankle. Walking is OK, but my back hurts like a bitch if I carry a bag for any great distance. Watering plants from a full gallon bottle is OK, but a couple of elevated push ups at my desk = pain.

Before the accident, I was following the workouts in the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I took a week and half off while I was on vacation, then had the accident a few days after I returned, so it's been a while since I've done any weight training. I gained three pounds over vacation, which I expected based on choices I made, but also another two in the last week. Diet is now back on track - lots of bone broth, some organ meats, fermented foods. I'm exhausted at the end of the day (desk job) and sleep is good.

I'm scheduled to see a chiropractor in two weeks. What should I do until then? I was thinking body weight squats and lunges, longer walks, and leave my upper body alone until the chiropractor weighs in.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I would just keep walking at the moment until after the chiropractor can see what's up.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    call me crazy, but if i were you i'd stick to walking and not try to aggravate my injuries
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    Your body needs to repair itself don't exercise until you're normal for you or close to it

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear. Man, sucks you cant get into the chiropractor sooner. I'd call em back and tell them it was urgent. It would really help you get back to training sooner. Till then I wouldn't do anything weighted until you have full ROM without pain. This is kind of the "rule" when it comes to rehabbing an injury. So just work on some low and slow cardio and do some ROM exercises to the pain, but not through it. Ice and heat as necessary.

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    I guess it's unanimous. I'll just keep walking.

Sorry to hear. Man, sucks you cant get into the chiropractor sooner. I'd call em back and tell them it was urgent.
    I just called them back. I'm in for next Monday