Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To those that have lost alot..... page 2

adam204 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    7 pounds could be water....

At your "level" weight loss is more about dialing in the specifics. perhaps you need more sodium, or less. perhaps you have that ONE food which triggers an inflammatory response.

if you had said 30 my answer would be different,

@7 we are talking micromanaging
    So has anyone got any tips on how to start micromanaging? Where to start and what to do and not do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I've lost about a hundred pounds. My weight loss always seems to involve plateau's. At the last 7 pounds, it will be very hard... your body might think it wants those seven pounds. XD Just be patient!

Paleobird Guest
    I recommend doing a whole 30. See their website for the protocols on adding things back in afterwards to isolate what is a problem for you.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Without Labs micromanaging gets hard. However here is a approach that has worked for me.

Tank up on water soluble vitamins and minerals.
    Sodium, potassium, magnesium, broad spectrum B and C

increase D and E

Use Milk thistle and MCT oil to assist in pushing oil soluble toxins out of the liver ( this is CRitical, a clogged liver wont let bad stuff out and increases inflammation)

At first you will hold on to some excess water, dont be suprised to see a 2-7 pound jump in the first day or two. Realize this is your body attempting to balance the load of vitamins and minerals, transporting them where they need to go... then you will start peeing like a racehorse. I can drop 5 - 10 pounds in a day after restocking vitamins.

After 3-5 days you can reassess. (assuming you are not critically injured like me)

dont change your food intake while doing this... too many variables that way. only increase the V&M then you KNOW where the weight came from.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Rig D is online now Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Plateaus are OK. I've had two since starting July 2012, on my way from 257 to now just under 200, my lowest weight since 1965. The first was after about 3 months and lasted about 1 month. The second was Dec 2012 to mid July 2013 and I thought I had "arrived" at my stable weight of 212-215. I kept on doing the diet, doing the exercise, changed nothing. Now, since middle of July, I've dropped 13 lbs. My thought is that the body needs the plateau time to adjust and recalibrate, and in my case to work off a lot of the loose, wrinkly skin I'd accumulated. I still don't know where my stable weight is, it will turn up eventually.

knukldragr is offline Junior Member
    7lbs would be that noticeable to you. I could care less what I weight. I want to feel good and look good. I cant remember that last time I stepped on a scale. I use the does this close fit me approach. Grok didnt have a scale..

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    I have dropped 120 lbs since April 2012, I plateaued after the first 80 lbs and the last 40 has been slow going. I have another 20 or 30 to go and frankly I have no idea how to micromanage things.

I would suggest you change up your workouts, I get the feeling that doing the same workout after a while does not stress the system and you just acclimate to it, do something different and harder.

I think less running more walking and add in short sprints. I have been sprinting up a short hill 3 or 4 times a week while walking the dog.

Lift heavy and do some slow mobility work will probably help lifting heavier. I need to work on the mobility, too many injuries have me moving badly.

How dialed is your paleo eating? If you have not gotten that down, spend a few months getting it dialed well.

I am a big fan of Jason Seib's ( everyday paleo and eplifefit.com) approach. Slow and easy to start, get the food dialed with 3 squares no snacks, lift heavy, walk, sprint and when when everything is going well, reduce your eating window, skip breakfast and eat from 11 am to 7 pm.

I wish someday to be down to 7lbs left to go. Lucky bastard.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    I was 23 when I decided it was time to change my life... I weighed 245lbs and am 6ft tall, I was filling out an XL t-shirt and I was so unhappy. I didn't turn paleo or primal but rather a low calorie 5-6 meal plan that I designed myself. I ran 3 days a week maybe 1-2 miles each session. I gave up drinking and within 8 months I lost about 90lbs and every time I hit a wall I would have a cheat meal like pizza or pasta and low in behold 2 days later the weight starting falling off again.

adam204 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I have dropped 120 lbs since April 2012, I plateaued after the first 80 lbs and the last 40 has been slow going. I have another 20 or 30 to go and frankly I have no idea how to micromanage things.

I would suggest you change up your workouts, I get the feeling that doing the same workout after a while does not stress the system and you just acclimate to it, do something different and harder.

I think less running more walking and add in short sprints. I have been sprinting up a short hill 3 or 4 times a week while walking the dog.

Lift heavy and do some slow mobility work will probably help lifting heavier. I need to work on the mobility, too many injuries have me moving badly.

How dialed is your paleo eating? If you have not gotten that down, spend a few months getting it dialed well.

I am a big fan of Jason Seib's ( everyday paleo and eplifefit.com) approach. Slow and easy to start, get the food dialed with 3 squares no snacks, lift heavy, walk, sprint and when when everything is going well, reduce your eating window, skip breakfast and eat from 11 am to 7 pm.

I wish someday to be down to 7lbs left to go. Lucky bastard.
    Thanks for your reply. I have started weightd and also do sprint sessions, but not as often as you do. As for my diet I'm fairly well dialled in. Last couple weeks have been awkward as I have had a few social functions. (a stag doo, far too much alcohol for my liking and rubbish food, family get together at a large all you can eat restaurant!) at home though its pretty much 90% I'd say.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Casey is offline Member
    weight loss chart picture.jpg

My loss has had SO MANY plateaus. It has helped me tremendously to have a chart like this, because I can see the downward trend even through the stalls (and gains!) Also taking measurements really helps because (as has been said) you lose inches during times of no weight loss.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast