Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best coffee to buy in the UK ? page

samold55 is offline Junior Member

What's the best coffee to buy in the UK ?

Primal Fuel
    What coffee is best to buy in the UK from shops such as tesco etc... I am planning on trying bulletproof coffee also in regards to the butter I cant seem to find kerrygold unsalted or yeo valley unsalted anywhere. Would it still be possible to use salted butter ?

Sam

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Try Wholefoods, planet organic or even waitrose should have in salted butter .
    Or if ur from london try some farmers markets.

U could try those places for coffee aswell or if ur from london check out coffee plant in w11

From London England UK

samold55 is offline Junior Member
    I am near Liverpool so can't really find them shops anywhere also I actually dont have a coffee maker machine is it possible to use instant coffee beans like Kenco or something ?

adam204 is offline Member
    I use taylors coffee from Morrison's, and use the ground type and brew it in a cafetiere. Try to find coffees from as high an altitude as possible. Thats the advice on the bullet proof coffee website. As for the butter, I use president unsalted. Its readily available in tesco etc, and I emailed the company about its feeding regime and they daid its all grass and silage fed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Sainsburys do Yeo gold unsalted butter.

I love Nescafé Collection Espresso , it's in a small jar, £3.99 per jar unless its on special in ASDA, they do £1 off.
    This is what I use for my bulletproof, and it's yum!

joeyd is offline Member
    Any update on this?? I live in London and want a cheap alternative to expensive US Bulletproof coffee….

UK people do let me know, thanks!

smit is offline Junior Member
    Hasbean do some great coffee's offering a good selection of regions and drying/processing methods. The coffee beans are roasted to order and delivery is quick, the coffee always tastes very fresh to me. As far as butter goes Tesco sell unsalted Kerrygold and Waitrose do a nice unpasteurised French butter in either salted or unsalted varieties.

Sensis is offline Junior Member
    I pick up Café Direct Machu Picchu ground coffee which is damn smooth coffee. Wasn't a big fan of coffee in general until I tried that in a French press. It's in all the major supermarkets so it shouldn't be too difficult to find. Butter wise, kerrygold is the easiest option usually, but there's yeo valley, calon wen, and a few nice French ones too. I quite enjoy salted butter in it personally so it doesn't bother me.

I think I'll order the upgraded coffee one day just to try it, can't hurt to give it a go!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smit View Post
    Hasbean do some great coffee's offering a good selection of regions and drying/processing methods. The coffee beans are roasted to order and delivery is quick, the coffee always tastes very fresh to me. As far as butter goes Tesco sell unsalted Kerrygold and Waitrose do a nice unpasteurised French butter in either salted or unsalted varieties.
    Yes, Hasbean is great!

And yes the Waitrose unpasteurised is my favourite butter!

joeyd is offline Member
    sorry, because im a beginner to this bulletproof coffee stuff, could you possibly tell me exactly which bean i should buy from hasbean- or at least the one that will be closest to the actual bulletproof coffee product.

many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast