Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating plan for a 16 year old? page

Buster11 is offline Senior Member

Eating plan for a 16 year old?

Shop Now
    Hi I was wondering if someone could come up with a eating plan for me. I am active (excercise 2-3 times a week.intense straining) and running (1-2 times a week all out sprints) I am around 8.4 stone and 5.5ft and currently finding the paleo lifestyle a small struggle. I also have one burning question, how long does it take for me to stop craving sugar and start appreciating veg meat etc, I am desperate for help

Alexis47 is offline Member
    I'm not sure how much you need to eat and I'm still figuring this out myself, so I can't suggest a meal plan. I do recommend that you get easy to prepare meats like ground beef and chicken breasts, though. Salmon fillets can also be included. That way you can have protein at pretty much any meal. If you're looking for good methods of cooking them, you should look into thekitchn.com, they have lots of basic instructions. Anyway, it took me between two and three weeks of low carb to break sugar cravings. Like any cravings, though, they can be prolonged by eating foods made to imitate sugary stuff (diet stuff, stevia, paleo versions of baked goods like cookies and bread), so be careful of that.

Finally someone else who is the same age.. Thanks for the suggestions, think I'm going to try the coconut flour bread recipe today though

Quote Originally Posted by Buster11 View Post
    Finally someone else who is the same age.. Thanks for the suggestions, think I'm going to try the coconut flour bread recipe today though
    Yeah, I haven't seen too many teens here for the most part. Coconut flour bread should be perfectly fine in moderation (sounds pretty good too), I was more talking about the gluten free versions of stuff you can find in stores. Those are bad.

Fair enough, how were them two-three weeks of not eating sugar? Was it hard for you?

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Hi Buster, I'm also 16 It's very hard to make a proper meal plan in our age, you should eat when you are hungry and untill you're full. About sugar: you will forget about it soon. ChocoTaco369 wrote something interesting about sugar carvings killing with starch. I see you are very active, maybe eating more carbs on workout days, and less on normal/rest days would also work ?
    Greetings
    Adrian
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    You need lots of energy. I would suggest you start the day with a large and filling breakfast eg scrambled eggs with leftover meat and veges, topped with grated cheese, then a bowl of banana, greek yoghurt and nuts. Eat enough that you are not going to feel hungry again within a couple of hours. You want to last till lunchtime. You might need that coconut bread as well.

Meat and veges alone will not be enough. You need to fill up with some healthy fats (butter) and satisfy your sweet craving with fruit. You can even eat dark chocolate, it will soon taste sweet enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster11 View Post
    Fair enough, how were them two-three weeks of not eating sugar? Was it hard for you?
    It wasn't very bad for me, but I've heard I had it easier than most people. I've always been able to cut stuff out of my diet with not much trouble. I went sugar and wheat free before Primal. The first week really sucked, though, because I had access to really good cookie dough, and I went through carb flu the second week.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Hi Buster, I'm also 16 It's very hard to make a proper meal plan in our age, you should eat when you are hungry and untill you're full. About sugar: you will forget about it soon. ChocoTaco369 wrote something interesting about sugar carvings killing with starch. I see you are very active, maybe eating more carbs on workout days, and less on normal/rest days would also work ?
    Greetings
    Adrian
    Cheers Adrian I'm still struggling though. It is especially with adults thinking they know it all (potatoes are good for you etc) should I still cut fruit I I'm coming of sugar? Can't seem to get rid of my daily blueberry and goji berry with full fat natural yoghurt

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Buster11, I don't know if you're trying to lose weight, but generally, folks around here aren't going to recommend any particular eating plan other than "eat" for someone your age. Your body is still growing and you need to focus on getting plenty of good foods. I don't know if you have any particular health concerns, but you seem to be worrying a lot about all of this for a 16-year-old. For the record, I'm 25, not "that old".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast