Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 45 and holding page

onadraw is offline Member

45 and holding

Hi guys. I'm about 3 weeks in and thought I'd start a journal.

Here is a recent pic(March 2013):
    mecamping.jpg

I took some real "Before" pics but I'm not ready to post them, yet. This one is bad enough. I'm the guy on the left.

I'm a 45yo male, 5'5". (weighed 221, 7/14/2013)

I've fought the overweight battle since I was 15 and while I've had some successes, I've always regained the weight. My most successful attempt was "Fit for Life" which involved proper food combining and eating only during certain times of the day. In that attempt, I dropped from 235 to 170 over about 6 months and maintained for about a year before beginning another upward climb. That was 20 years ago and I have tried other things like Atkins since.

I started Atkins, 7/14/2013 and after reading PB I've gone Primal. I'm eating Very Low Carbs and this seems to be working for me as I feel good with lots of energy and I am losing weight without feeling like I am depriving myself.

This doesn't feel like a diet right now. It feels like a lifestyle change as I'm no longer craving sugar or sodas. This coming from a guy that used to drink 2-3 liters of mountain dew a day.

I went through about 3 days of Carb-Flu in the beginning but I just feel good now.

As of today, I'm down to 207lbs (from 221)

Looking forward to posting my real Before and After pics in the future.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Beginning: 7/23/13, 5'5" 221lbs * Current Weight: 10/31/13, 202lbs * Goal 165lbs

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Great progress and the best to you on this journey.

Thanks Aili
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Beginning: 7/23/13, 5'5" 221lbs * Current Weight: 10/31/13, 202lbs * Goal 165lbs

cheryl is offline Member
    Sounds a like my story! I'm on day 5 and for the first time in my dieting life I changed my eating with no headache, no angry mood swings no starving, my energy is up all day, No stomach problems. I keep waiting for something to go wrong it's so good!

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl View Post
    Sounds a like my story! I'm on day 5 and for the first time in my dieting life I changed my eating with no headache, no angry mood swings no starving, my energy is up all day, No stomach problems. I keep waiting for something to go wrong it's so good!
    We can do it, Cheryl!

Fell off the wagon, slightly. I've been avoiding alcohol but on Monday, I drank a bottle of Red wine.
    I'm still eating properly but I gained 3 pounds after that indulgence and felt hungry more on Tuesday than I had been feeling.

Now, back to the program.

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Congratulations on your successes!

Alcohol is probably my biggest stumbling block. We drink a lot socially and I've found it hard to cut back. I've switched from beer though and that makes an incredible difference in how I feel (less bloating etc).
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Congrats on your success, Onadraw! I have been on and off the Primal way for the last 2 years, and THIS time i'm sticking with it. I started back up again last Monday, and I'm feeling great!

Alcohol is definitely the biggest stumbling block. It's a bummer too, cuz when you are out with people who are drinking, you really want to drink! But i force myself to get a club soda so at least im drinking SOMETHING. If i have even one drink, it starts the sugar cravings and i start eating crap. Even just one glass of wine does me in.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading about your progress!

Lorinda

8/27 update.

Things are going well. Still VLC <20g. I'm also fasting daily. I usually eat at 3pm and 7pm. I'm having no problems with hunger but I am completely avoiding alcohol because even just one drink makes me start craving everything.
    I have plenty of energy for regular life including light exercise but I will probably need to add a morning meal with carbs to lift heavier and workout a little harder.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    9/13 Update:

Seems my weight has stalled. I got to 199 but have fluctuated between 199 - 203 for about 8 days.
    I also drank Way too much Scotch 9/1 which caused some issues including a Bad Gout attack. This may have cured me of drinking as Gout Hurts.

Still eating VLC and feel fine as it relates to diet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast