Thread: an omg drink page

Badgerfaced is online now Senior Member

an omg drink

Primal Fuel
    Went to a Vietnamese cafe for din dins the other night, and was encouraged to try the coconut shake. It was delicious but very sweet and my initial attempt at asking what was in it didn't go well (the answer was yes OK with lots of nodding) so I decided I had to try to make one at home. Still experimenting but its pretty damn good so far.

I use a good stick blender, my food processor can't do ice.

Handful of ice
    1/4 of a tin of coconut milk
    Same volume coconut water
    Small handful of fresh pineapple
    Squeeze of lime juice

Blend til smooth

You can take the fruit out and its still amazing. Perfect hangover cure too :-) especially if you add some vodka

Paleobird Guest
    Sounds delicious.

What are those Vietnamese drinks called that have the tapioca balls in them? Kinda look like fish eyes? They are always way too sweet but it might be interesting to replicate at home.

Britt is online now Senior Member
    Bubble tea?
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Bubble tea?
    Yes. Thank you. Bubble tea aka "Boba"

How to Make Boba & Bubble Tea at Home | The Kitchn

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    gaaaah. the texture of tapioca pearls freaks me the f**k out. run for the hills.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

seashells is offline Senior Member
    that looks like a pretty yummy drink- like a virgin pina colada or something. Just added the ingredients to my shopping list!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    gaaaah. the texture of tapioca pearls freaks me the f**k out. run for the hills.
    I love that stuff. The boba drinks in the Asian restaurants always come with a really big straw to slurp them up with.

This thread inspired me to get some at my local Asian grocery store. I got some black ones and some green tea ones.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had this for breakfast this morning, it was really good (and would probably be great with rum)!