Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More caffeine benefits

More caffeine benefits

Shop Now
    I expect lots of healthy challenge on this, but I remain convinced... Caffeine does good for the body and mind: lowers risk of diabetes, wards off hunger when and cravings fir sweets, makes you mentally alert, gives hours of energy when take. In right amounts, and now reported on Mark's front page (mobile version at least), lowers risk if suicide. For me caffeine has added a lot extra energy at times needed, such as today, a rainy gray Alaska day. I nearly cancelled plans because of tiredness but a good cup of coffee got me right to what I originally set out to do. Anyone else agree. In celebration of God's creation, the coffee bean, cheers!

I love my coffee! I don't care who says what about it I am thrilled that coconut sugar is primal and makes my coffee taste awesome!

I lurv black tea. :-)
    But my heart and my tummy don't. :-(

I've never really understood this thing about caffiene reducing hunger- I was married to a man raised in poverty in India where feeding your family tea all day to ward off hunger was an important technique, so I guess it must work for some people. For me, I want something with my tea, so there is a purely ritual addiction, and then my tummy wants food to sooth the irritation.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    I lurv black tea. :-) and then my tummy wants food to sooth the irritation.
    I feel that. I can't drink caffeinated tea on an empty stomach - I get super nauseous and then start to dry heave. Oddly enough though, I can do coffee on an empty stomach. Weird.

Last edited by Beachgirl; 08-15-2013 at 07:42 PM.

When I worked a desk job, I used to have coffee next to me always. That really wasn't good for me and didn't make me feel very good. Now I have a mug in the a.m., and sometimes I have a mug in the late afternoon - maybe around 4p.m. at the latest. I've been icing the afternoon one lately. I like the iced because between the ice cubes and the air that the blender pumps in, it's almost twice the volume without twice the caffeine.

I will admit that if I go to three cups in a day, or drink two cups quickly, my hands shake. But otoh, if I'm genuinely tired, and I drink a cup at say, 9pm, it absolutely won't interfere with my sleep.

Like a lot of substances that end in ine (caffeine, nicotine, Methedrine, cocaine, etc.), there are good and bad points and the amounts and the individuals taking/ingesting them will react differently.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Caffeine used to make my hands shake uncontrollably after about 600mg, but I was also consuming sugar free Red Bulls and black coffee(sorry grandpa). Now, that I apply liberal amounts of sugar in various forms(sipping on some coffee with blackstrap molasses right now, mega magnesium hit) I never get the shakes, it's just a calm boost of mental focus.

Caffeine depletes your glycogen storage intensely, so it's always good to have it along some sugar and cream.

Joanie is right though, I'm likely on a different wavelength than most people. I've been drinking caffeine since around ~6, and not what most people consider upper thresholds either. I used to drink 3 cups in the morning with my grandparents and read the paper with them. I used to pretend to be more sophisticated than I really was, and liked to emulate the adults.
    Make America Great Again

think so, I am thrilled that coconut sugar is primal and makes my coffee taste awesome! thanks

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lyss View Post
    I feel that. I can't drink caffeinated tea on an empty stomach - I get super nauseous and then start to dry heave. Oddly enough though, I can do coffee on an empty stomach. Weird.
    I get the same reaction from tea on an empty stomach, but never with coffee. Can't be the caffeine, must be something else in the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Caffeine depletes your glycogen storage intensely, so it's always good to have it along some sugar and cream.
    I love cream in my coffee, but I can't stand sugar in it. Something about sweet coffee that just seems wrong to my tastebuds.