Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More caffeine benefits page 2

ilovesteak is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I started drinking coffee with cream when I turned 10, to emulate my parents. Never looked back and I have 2-3 cups a day.

BP coffee in the morning and then 1-2 cups of black coffee or maybe with some heavy cream during the day.

Couldn't envision my life without coffee.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyss View Post
    I feel that. I can't drink caffeinated tea on an empty stomach - I get super nauseous and then start to dry heave. Oddly enough though, I can do coffee on an empty stomach. Weird.
    Might be the tannins in the tea. I can't drink tea on an empty stomach, either. No issues with coffee.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Might be the tannins in the tea. I can't drink tea on an empty stomach, either. No issues with coffee.
    I have the same issue with tea and the above is the conclusion I have come to as if I let tea overbrew it gets worse.

Corwin1968 is offline Member
    It took me a long time to acquire a taste for coffee but now I love the stuff! I usually take a big mug and pour heavy cream into it until I can no longer see the bottom. I then grind my coffee beans and brew one of those little four-cup pots of coffee. When it's done, I fill the cup to a level where I can still carry it without spilling it all over me and take it to my desk. I rarely ever use the entire pot and depending on how much cream is in there, I usually use somewhere around 3 "official" cups of coffee (more like 1.5 using the cups that most of us own).

Heavy cream is the best tasting for me. I've tried Bailey's creamer (it's crap but oh, it tastes good...just like Bailey's), milk, 1/2 and 1/2, other creamers, butter (Bulletproof style) but Heavy cream wins. I don't even use sugar anymore and that is a MAJOR achievement for me.

I can't say that coffee gives me "energy". Having finally been diagnosed with ADHD during grad school, the caffeine really just works to focus my brain. If there are other health benefits to caffeine, that's awesome.

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    I lurv black tea. :-)
    But my heart and my tummy don't. :-(

I've never really understood this thing about caffiene reducing hunger- I was married to a man raised in poverty in India where feeding your family tea all day to ward off hunger was an important technique, so I guess it must work for some people. For me, I want something with my tea, so there is a purely ritual addiction, and then my tummy wants food to sooth the irritation.
    I love a strong concoction I've started making of green and black tea with full cream to dull the bitterness. I find it works better than coffee for energy, and wards off hunger for hours. Not that I'm trying not to eat, but it has that special effect if calorie intake is a concern.

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member
    Cornwin1968, half and half taste like sugar water. Heavy cream is the real stuff. Makes strong coffee, chai, and different teas taste rich and delicious.

Ode to caffeine.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    I love my coffee. I drink it black. In my fatty days, I was a Starbucks frappachino (sp?) junkie, then I found Dutch Bros., and I was hooked on Cocomo's.
    Now, I have Dutch Bros about once a month or less, as a treat, but I stick to my morning coffee. I drink coffee until about 10 am, and if I am feeling frisky, will brew a pot to have iced coffee (again black) on warm afternoons.
    With all the fast food restaurants jumping on the foo foo coffee wagon, I have a hard time getting a iced coffee on the road, so then I just have an unsweetened iced tea instead (McLosers, sells them for a buck).
    Coffee is in one week, and out the next, but for me it's a daily dose that I love!!!

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    I love my coffee. I drink it black. In my fatty days, I was a Starbucks frappachino (sp?) junkie, then I found Dutch Bros., and I was hooked on Cocomo's.
    Now, I have Dutch Bros about once a month or less, as a treat, but I stick to my morning coffee. I drink coffee until about 10 am, and if I am feeling frisky, will brew a pot to have iced coffee (again black) on warm afternoons.
    With all the fast food restaurants jumping on the foo foo coffee wagon, I have a hard time getting a iced coffee on the road, so then I just have an unsweetened iced tea instead (McLosers, sells them for a buck).
    Coffee is in one week, and out the next, but for me it's a daily dose that I love!!!
    Last edited by Rusty; 08-25-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Sorry for the double post, stupid computer!

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    It seems that finally, after over two and a half decades of being addicted, that I have finally managed to kick it.

I don't care what health benefits it has.

You can keep it.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Interestingly, I have never experienced any of the effects of coffee (neither the positive nor negative ones). Drinking coffee has never reduced my hunger, has never made me more mentally alert or awake, never given me energy, or improved my mood. I have also never experienced any of the side effects most people report when they stop drinking it. I feel exactly the same when I drink coffee as when I don't drink it.

I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of all these people getting energy boosts from coffee. Sometimes I'm tempted to think it's an Emporer's New Clothes situation, where no one actually gets energized from it, but because everyone is saying they do all the time, people have come to believe it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12