Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to go 100% Primal...STAT! page 2

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Actually, the stigma of obesity post was HORRIBLE and contained within it the very stigma he was supposedly writing against. It was all about fat people being okay if at least they feel bad about being fat. BAER and middle finger to him.

Look, you wrote a bunch of stuff and then you want to act like someone else wrote it as people give you feedback. OWN IT. Deal authentically with the feedback you are getting. That's the only way dialogue is going to be helpful to you. Plus no one is going to want to talk to you if you act like a liar.

Nothing is going to make you feel satiated. After people lose to a normal BMI, their hormones take five years to adjust to their new weight and they still have the body that is inclined to get fat. There are a few people here who claim to have lost weight just because suddenly saw the light, it didn't suck at all, and they have never regained. Surely such people exist, but everything we know about weight loss says that they are unicorns. You can learn a lot from the Nation Weight Control Registry (google it) which follows people who have successfully lost and kept off weight.

You are in a fat support zone at home. The interwebs is unlikely to be able to overcome the strength of that. You really need real humans who are really losing weight (and who you can't run away from when they call you on this "I'm not who I just said I am" stuff). Realize that if you lose weight you won't just be a thin person in the same space in life, you will have a different life. Your relationship with your family will change drastically- they aren't going to help you do that, that's normal. Like I said, what you are trying to do is HARD.

And I think the water thing is bogus.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi there, and welcome to the primal lifestyle and journey, I do hope that you will find the information and encouragement that you will need in order to stay the course until you begin to experience the real health and wellbeing benefits that are in store eventually. You have certainly had some very painful experiences to date, I hope that you will be able to learn from the hard gained wisdom of people like Loafing Cactus who have been there too. I think you will be amazed how great one can feel when your whole being is properly fed, then things like energy levels and exercise can start to fall into place. Best wishes.

damnposeurs is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, paleodutch, I appreciate your helpful comments

@Annieh: Thank you for the warm welcome! I will try to piece out that "wisdom" from somewhere.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's a fact that fat people are discriminated against, not a manifestation of the bad attitude on the part of the fat person who "enables" that. I was invisible when I was fat. I'm not anymore. People look at me and see me for who I am.

Eat healthy and get healthy. Setting a desperate deadline will lead to giving up at the first setback.

@eKatherine: Thank you for that, I couldn't have said that any better! And I will try to just eat healthy.

I didn't think these were outrageous goals for me as I've always had a piecey meal plan (sometimes wouldn't eat all day, sometimes twice or six times a day) and it would be an easy transition! I think the change makes me anxious (and stressed, eek!). I simply need to reiterate that it's permanent, this isn't a diet, that I need to eat healthy, eat when I have hunger and not only this much at this time because "I said so". I'm not going to get anywhere using my mind to force my body against its natural will.

Spheni is offline Member
    I just wanted to say good for you for making a change. It's really hard when your whole family is unhealthy. That's my situation also. You already look happier in your most recent photo.

I also wanted to say I'm sorry people said such things to you. Why is it that people feel they can freely comment on a stranger's weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Spheni View Post
    I also wanted to say I'm sorry people said such things to you. Why is it that people feel they can freely comment on a stranger's weight?
    It shocks me every time! I suppose people always want their opinion heard, whether we like it or not. Thanks for well wishing

HaiHye is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damnposeurs View Post
    There is a part in the PB book where Mark states,
    "Don't drink during meals, try to drink 30 minutes before as drinking during will dilute vital digestive enzymes. Also try to wait 30 min after as it will do the same."
    Something along those lines.

My thinking was if this is the case (people follow this rule and I'm not) then maybe my body isn't fully absorbing nutrients and thus doesn't feel as satiated? Just wondering.
    You seem very well informed/educated. Use that to your advantage. Now I have also heard of the water thing because when your food hits your stomach if you dilute the digestive enzymes with water then you can't digest as well. I also heard to drink room temp water because then your stomach has ANOTHER thing to do if it has to heat up the water or cool it down.

That being said, I don't do this. Maybe I should but I tend to make my food incredibly spicy! I love it that way. There's nothing that's going to make me binge faster than crappy tasting food. I am an Overeater and a Binger. I am going to stay horking down water by the liter if it suits me because that's just the way I want my food. I eat less food by consuming huge amounts of water, I feel full faster. I take multivitamins.

Listen if it works for you and your life, do it. Don't ever do something because someone told you to. Try, experiment, and if it works, that's great but don't ever take advice without further research.

Hey, if you want a friend, hit me up. I'm in the same place as you at the moment. I might have been at it longer and failed more times though.

HaiHye is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by damnposeurs View Post
    It shocks me every time! I suppose people always want their opinion heard, whether we like it or not. Thanks for well wishing
    Screw the haters. I think they have better intentions than you'd like to believe. I am a mother of 2 and found when people find out I have a WHOOPING 2 children and want more they give their opinion like I don't know where babies come from. Excuse me? People are just trying to converse with you.. maybe share something in common or strike up a conversation. Try and take it as it is... The homeless man was just nutso and was probably jealous that you made enough out of your life to *buy food* and he couldn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12