Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistic feedback on supplements page 2

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know that Mark says you can get enough K from a good Primal diet. I'm not sure of that. If you don't do dairy or liver, you maybe can get enough from egg yolks [chart], but as I said above, before I started taking K, I craved aged cheddar. Now I like it and eat it, but reasonable amounts.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    forgot! taking mineral salts baths is a GREAT way to get magnesium. we evolved to absorb it dermally, so this is actually better than swallowing a supp. also incredibly relaxing.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    before taking LOTS of d3, get your levels checked. i was very low and needed 6 months at 10,000 ius daily to get within "normal" range. i live in new england so don't get much sun but for a few months a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    forgot! taking mineral salts baths is a GREAT way to get magnesium. we evolved to absorb it dermally, so this is actually better than swallowing a supp. also incredibly relaxing.
    +2!

Excellent advice! That is actually the only supplement I take (epsom salt baths) couple times a week.

rick1969 is offline Junior Member
    We are going to get our Vitamin D levels checked. We are currently taking a product from Thorne which is a liquid combination of D3 and K2. Also supplementing magnesium but the epsom salt bath sounds like a great idea! I've been taking 10000 IU of A as well as fish oil and probiotic. Once we get the vitamin D tests back, we will have better info on what we need to do.

Thanks for the assist!

steven.kelly is offline Senior Member
    I just look at it logically, apparently we can't get enough magnesium cause of soil depletion etc so I supplement that, I don't get enough sun in winter so I supplement that, I don't eat much fish so I supplement that. It's to stressful thinking about all these supplements you should and shouldn't have and when to take them that I'm just sticking with those even if I should have others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12