Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circular rash with purple center page

miiikeeaj is offline Junior Member

Circular rash with purple center

Shop Now
    Hello, when I woke up this morning, I saw a circular rash with a purple center inside of it... does anyone know what this could be? I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    nipples?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    sounds like some kind of bug bite? or maybe ring worm?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    My first guess was ringworm. Similar to athlete's foot.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    If it looks like a bull's eye it might be lyme disease. Ringworm has no "center". Wikipedia has a good article on lyme disease. Check it out quickly you could get irreversible damage.
    Last edited by chima_p; 08-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    I would google Lyme disease, bulls eye is classic for it. We live in tic country and lots of people around here get bitten by tics. My kids have gotten at least four bite each this season

Spinner42 is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by umm7 View Post
    I would google Lyme disease, bulls eye is classic for it. We live in tic country and lots of people around here get bitten by tics. My kids have gotten at least four bite each this season
    Do NOT F*** around if it could be Lyme! My roommate has permanent, disabling neurological impairment due to Lyme. If I had a suspicious rash in that shape, even if it was diagnosed as something else, I'd get follow up Lyme testing. I can't say this strongly enough-- it's brutal.

BratKat is online now Senior Member
    That was my first thought, too! Bullseye rash? Think Lyme disease. My 78 year old mother had it--fortunately with no apparent after effects.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    My first thought was ringworm.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Whichever one it is, get to a doctor. Ringworm can be intensely itchy and uncomfortable, and Lyme Disease is dangerous - my daughter is currently being treated for it and, whilst the treatment is unpleasant, the disease is many times worse and not something to mess around with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast