Thread: No-Cook, Low Carb Barbecue sauce page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

No-Cook, Low Carb Barbecue sauce

Primal Fuel
    I'm looking for a low carb bbq sauce that I can put together easily. The bottled one I buy is plenty good but costs the earth. I Googled around and foud the "no-cook" ones but they all contained brown sugar, sometimes lots of it. I prefer some sweetness so I planned to just use Splenda.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    On things like condiments I usually just buy the best version I can and not use too much. How about subbing honey or maple syrup?

Quote Originally Posted by glorth2 View Post
    On things like condiments I usually just buy the best version I can and not use too much. How about subbing honey or maple syrup?
    Are maple syrup and honey considered natural sugars? I've noticed that a lot of our group uses these. I reached my weight goal and I'm trying so hard to stop the weight loss without over shooting and gaining some weight. I guess since bees process the honey and trees provide the syrup (except for the processing) they aren't considered "processed". I also checked around and found that the Sugar Twin's Brown Sugar blend is better thought of than Splenda's.

Paleobird Guest
    Splenda is way less primal than a touch of honey or maple syrup. If you want to use a no calorie sweetener, the only all natural one is stevia. It is a plant. Splenda will give you brain tumors. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Splenda is way less primal than a touch of honey or maple syrup. If you want to use a no calorie sweetener, the only all natural one is stevia. It is a plant. Splenda will give you brain tumors. Seriously.
    A friend introduced me to Stevia awhile back and I liked it. I stayed with Splenda because Stevia wasn't so easy to find at a grocery store. The best I could do was Truvia and I think it's a sugar/Stevia blend.