Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal_Abby CK page

AbbyCK is offline Member

Primal Journal_Abby CK

Shop Now
    Hello Everyone!!!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for stopping by and reading my journal. I am on here for the community, (I don't really like to talk about myself), so please say "Hi!".

I will keep this first post short, but my goals with staring PB in order of priority are:

1. Better Mood ( I will dig into this a bit deeper)
    2. Increase stamina and mental clarity. I need tons of energy to chase after my two girls and be a more productive member of society.

My biggest challenge with living the PB is keeping my stress down. For accountability, I will give my updates in lifestyle...and then off course my eating habits.

A big THANK YOU to MDA for hosting this forum and to everyone in this great community.

AbbyCK is offline Member
    So far so good!

I became a kid again and went on the swing with my daughter! I forgot how much fun that was! Spent a lot of time relaxing on the weekend.. which was awesome. Because on Monday I walked out to my car and my battery had died! I had to call an auto company and I was super late to work. Ah well.

For food: Sunday: Breakfast: eggs. Dinner: Salmon
    Monday: Breakfast: Carrot juice, Lunch: Salmon and coconut oil, Dinner: Salmon, Steak and Shrimp, Onions, Leeks, Portoello Mushrooms (all from grill.... awesome!!!)
    Tuesday: Breakfast: Coconut oil, Lunch: Salmon, Dinner: Spinach salad with bacon, egg, avocado, cucumber. Yum!

See you all tomorrow!

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Welcome! I too am working on mood issues so I relate to your number one. How was your eating before primal?
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Hi! LOL "mood issues is putting it nicely!". Grin

Before primal, I still ate pretty healthy... but way to much dark chocolate, my favorite! And lots of fruit... especially bananas. For now I have cut back on most fruits and increased by fats... hopefully to get my hormones in balance.

Thank you so much for replying!

AbbyCK is offline Member
    So 1 week in on strict Primal! So far doing really good. The benefits have already started. First my skin has cleared up. I have not had acne since college, but over the past couple of months I have small bumps all over my forehead. I am not sure if it is even acne, but fortunately it is really clearing up! The bumps are going and I have been complimented on the "glow" of my face. I have had a ton energy, and my stress levels are going down.

The one negative side effect I have had is a little bit of insomnia... supplementing with magnesium so I hope this helps! My one challenge is eating veggies... but trying my best!

Here is to another great week!

AbbyCK is offline Member
    hi!!!!

I fell off the boat of journaling. but not of eating healthy! Things are going great! So last night I was thinking about my relationships and then I came on to MDA and read Mark's post about loneliness. That so hit home with me. I have always had a really good network of friends... until I became a working mom. I love my kids, I love my job... but between the two there does not leave a lot of room for much else. Most of my moms friends do not work..... so by the time I get home with my kiddos, they are putting theirs to bed.

So that is my next goal on primal... to develop better relationships. I am really not sure how to start this... except to make it a priority. I have been thinking about starting a working moms group. One that was more conducive to social events on the weekends.

Lastly, I have started drinking this juice called Suja. I sorta wish I never heard of it, cuz it is sooo darn good! I am going broke! Talk to y'all later!

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Ahh Mondays - Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday are the hardest days of the week for me.... wow that is half the week! Geez. So anyways, I have done nothing towards my goal above. Here is how my day was:

1. 6:20 - Wake up ; quiet time
    2. 6:40 - jump in shower; get ready
    3: 7 - wake up kids... get them ready
    4. 7:20 - Take them to daycare
    5. 8 - Get to work
    6. 5 - leave work
    7. 5:30 - start homework with kids
    8. 6 - Making dinner
    9. 7 - eating dinner - clean up
    10. 7:30 - story time
    11. 8- night time for oldest
    12. 9 - feeding my youngest ice cream as a bribe to not wake her sister up (horrible I know).
    13. 10- nighttime for youngest
    14. 10:30 - Me fall asleep exhausted.

Repeat 4 more time and this is what my work week looks like. Something has got to give... I just have no time. No time for myself or for others.

Not sure how to affect change, but the first part is to have a goal. I am not just sure what this should be.... work less, buy less, win the lottery...I don't know. As I am looking around my living room... I would say buy less is where I should start. Tons of stuff here I probably don't need.

keep you posted on tomorrow!

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Today was a pretty bad day. to say the least.

A woke up with a raging headache and stiff neck. After 24 hours of having these symptoms, he went to the ER. I was in the ER about 3 years ago with the "worst headache of my life". Thankfully after a CT and spinal tap, both were negative... I was diagnosed with severe migrains.

I knew this would be the same routine for A. So far CT came back negative, they tried 3 times for a spinal tap but could not get it. Don't know weather he was a hard stick or just inexperienced staff. So he is waiting for a CT with contrast.

My diet... after being so good for 1.5 months... got broken. A whole foods chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing. I never really crave sweets... except when I get super stressed. Now I have a sugar headache, two crazy kids running around, A in the ER... and me exhausted.

Ok... hopefully the next time I post I have some better news...

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Yay spinal tap negative! Ugh what a day... here's to a better tomorrow!

AbbyCK is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    And today... the day after the chocolate cupcake... I have a raging migraine. When will I ever learn. Tomorrow no work and all play! So thankful for the day off and a healthy family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast