Thread: Post your funny Primal Blueprint stories! page

Roach is offline Senior Member

Post your funny Primal Blueprint stories!

Primal Fuel
    I got this idea from the HallowPrince's "New Myth" thread.

Anyway, I'm sure we all have some stories to share regarding the reactions/comments our friends/family/strangers give us when we tell them about the Primal lifestyle.

Here's one of mine:

So I went on a date with a girl I met online. Yes, I online date sometimes and it's generally quite terrible. Moving on. We decide to meet up for coffee. I know plenty here are fond of coffee but I'm not the biggest fan. However, a friend has recently told me about the never-on-the-menu Caffe Breve. It's not exactly primal but whatever. For those who don't know, a caffe breve is like a latte except instead of whole milk they make a breve with...half and half haha. Good lord is it ever awesome. If only they made it with raw half and half or raw cream. *sigh*

So we're having our coffee. She takes hers black and she asks what I got. I say a caffe breve. She then proceeds to tell me that it's loaded with fat...milk fat. I say "Good. I don't worry about fat. I used to. But now I get about 70% of my calories from fat. Most of them saturated" She looked at me like I just told her I enjoy killing puppies in my spare time.

So we get into a discussion about health/fitness/nutrition during which she rattles of nearly every CW myth I've heard (and once upon a time believed). "Polyunsaturated fat is good for you. You need whole grains. Calories in calories out. Your cholesterol is going to be through the roof. You'll have a heart attack eating like that. People just need to exercise more and focus on cardio to burn fat..."

I countered all the CW truth claims as best I could. Not shockingly, it proves useless and she just says..."Well, you must just have really good genes". Haha

Guess which one of us is lean and (relatively) lazy and which one is carrying around an extra 25lbs of fat that she says just won't go away even though she runs everyday. Whoops I guess I just gave away the answer

I've got others but I'm sure you guys/gals have some awesome ones.

*Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to offend or insult those who subscribe to CW. I'm sure most everyone thought along CW lines in the past anyway. It is intended to be light-hearted and funny story swapping with digital pals. Have at it.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member
    Your genes needed to be told that they were good. And fat is the only language they understand ;-).

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anand Srivastava View Post
    Your genes needed to be told that they were good. And fat is the only language they understand ;-).
    ha ha nice one Anand! I'll remember that quote!

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, that is funny.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So no second date huh? haha