Thread: "Pappas" con chile page

TQD
    TQD is offline Member

"Pappas" con chile

Primal Fuel
    So, we're heading into Hatch New Mexico chile season, and that means only one thing in our household...until the chile supply dries up, we're drowning ourselves in hot chile goodness.

This is not a recipe per se, because I didn't actually measure anything, but I had picked up a couple of lamb shoulder chops to do on the grill, and wanted a chile-licious side dish to go with them. I hit upon the idea of Abuelo-style pappas, and went in search of recipe suggestions. To my surprise, Abuelo's has apparently posted their pappas recipe on their Facebook page, and I found it reposted on a blog.

Of course potatoes aren't primal, so here's what I did (recipe for 2 people):

Approx 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets, stem chopped, and steamed for 20-25 minutes until soft.
    Put cauliflower into food processor with approx 1 Tbs butter, a 1/2 inch slice of cream cheese cut into pieces, a chunk of Kerrygold Aged Cheddar finely grated, salt, pepper and a splash of cream. Process until the cauliflower is smooth.

Stir in one hot Hatch New Mexico chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely diced, one jalapeno pepper, roasted, peeled and finely diced (you can seed it if you don't like spicy), and about 1 Tbsp finely diced red bell pepper.

We served the lamb with grilled onion, rajas, and roasted garlic, with the "pappas" on the side. The lamb was great, but the "pappas" was even better. I absolutely adore potatoes, but I think I liked this even more because of the sweetness of the cauliflower balancing the heat of the chiles. This one is definitely on our list of keeper recipes.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    This sounds great!! I love Hatch chilies.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2