Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a GOOD PRIMAL Breakfast! page

Mahewa is offline Banned

I need a GOOD PRIMAL Breakfast!

Reading all the good suggestions about primal food I am still not sure about what you guys are eating for breakfast? Breakfast has always been an important meal to me and I would love to have your input and recommendations...

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Bacon and eggs. Its convenient because you can buy bacon and eggs almost anywhere.

Also, leftovers from dinner make a great breakfast.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Eggs are always my favorite...Ive eaten them probably everyday for the last 7 years...never get tired of them...Also I agree with Bushrat..I either have bacon or left over meat from whatever my dinner was the night before...I also usually have spinach in my eggs as well if I scramble them.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yes I can eat eggs till the cows (or should that be chickens) come home. Scrambled with herbs and cream. Or just fried. With bacon. Or as an omelette with leftovers. Yeah, i like eggs! Ocassionally though I have a whey protein shake with coconut milk just so I dont get too sick of eggs!

Roach is offline Senior Member
    I'll echo bacon and eggs. Cook the bacon first and then cook the eggs in the bacon renderings. I have it pretty much every day. I top it off with a glass of raw milk.

Friend: Nate aren't you getting tired of that breakfast.

Me: Are you insane?

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    I'm increasingly kinda over breakfast. Now that I don't wake up ravenous and dizzy with low blood sugar, I'd rather get on with the day and have something at ten or 12. So maybe a cup of black tea and a handful of macadamias if my tummy is grumbling. But if I do want breakfast, banana-almond-coconut pancakes are totally my fave.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen in Oz View Post
    I'm increasingly kinda over breakfast. Now that I don't wake up ravenous and dizzy with low blood sugar, I'd rather get on with the day and have something at ten or 12. So maybe a cup of black tea and a handful of macadamias if my tummy is grumbling. But if I do want breakfast, banana-almond-coconut pancakes are totally my fave.
    Visit karlmacphee.com! He's got some amazing primal recipes. He frequents this forum quite a bit, so you can ask anyone or speak directly to him,lol.
    Let me just tell you that his stuff is delicious. He's like a primal culinary master or something.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Helen where do you get your almond, coconut flour from? I presume your in Australia? me to.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that suggestion, Grappler. (Though, it's not so much that I'm over breakfast foods - though I did find that tricky at first - as much as I'm finding breakfast itself superfluous.)

Sarahz, we have a good healthfood/organic store here which stocks it, but also Coles supermarket has it in the gluten free/health foods section. Woolworths/Safeway is stocking a reasonable range of alternative stuff now too. But I try to support the independent shop when I can.

(Come to think of it, the Almond meal might have been in the baking goods section.)

Mahewa is offline Banned

Banana-almond-coconut pancakes

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Guys for all the good suggestions. I must say that I do have a small problem with bacon after 20 years not eating meat. I love eggs and the banana-almond-coconut pancakes sounds like heaven. I am off to the kitchen....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast