Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Myth... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

A New Myth...

I got to hear a new myth this Memorial Day weekend...

Overeating = Get Fat
    Undereating = Get Thin

At least that's the idea. Apparently I'm a freak because I eat eat eat all the time (probably more now than I did before PB) and it's all fatty fat meat and somehow I'm managed to lose over 50 lbs!

So a couple of my hefty friends are convinced that I just have good genes (apparently these good genes just now kicked in, because I've been fat for the last 4 years, right after high school, of course)... because since overeating is the way to gain weight the only way to lose it to under-eat.

Hmmm.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    The genetic fallacy is for the dim-witted. It's a cop-out, ironically, as it often results in starving oneself, running oneself ragged, taking drugs, paying for $70 a bottle acai berry juice, etc, which are a lot less desirable than just eating steak and salad. Hrmf.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

chameleon is offline Member
    brilliant
    *eye roll*

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Seriously...Ive gotten so many uppity "health freaks" roll their eyes at me for being a low-carber...I just give them a sh*t eating grin and go back to eating my steak. Leave me alone! *stab*

I also love the whole thought process of "well anorexics are skinny so obviously eating less works"...really? is that your example of how people should lose weight? horrible.
    Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 05-31-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    I also recently got the "you must have good genes" line. First time I've ever been on the receiving end of that one. I guess, in a way, it's true. Pretty much all of us have good genes. Millions of years of evolution will leave one with "good genes". The PB is very circle of life in when it comes to genes. Treat them well and they'll treat you well.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    You could tell them, "I do have good genes. That's what happens when you eat the things that ACTIVATE them."
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Don't know that it's a new myth as such - the 'you're lucky, you've got good genes' thing has been around for a while - admittedly having them 'kick in' all of a sudden - well ya gotta wonder.......

I don't know why this sort of thing still surprises me, given the level of thought most people apply to their daily lives.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Lol, are we really surprised people? It's disheartening when our friends and family look for ways around it, that our lifestyle actually works, not just for weight loss, but for making us feel great.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Dont even mention IF to anyone, they will scream eating disorder and call for help.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrappler View Post
    Dont even mention IF to anyone, they will scream eating disorder and call for help.
    Quoted for truth. I've recently been going to a lot of "off-site" training with some co-workers where I ususally skip lunch to hike around the great trails. Everybody gives me the "but you need to eat, you'll fall asleep during the afternoon without food".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast