Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Measure Your PH for Optimal Health page

Grizz is offline Banned

Measure Your PH for Optimal Health

Shop Now
    I have recently discovered that we can measure our urine PH and our Saliva PH to see if our diet is really healthy or not. I have measured my urine and discovered that I am 1,000 times more acidic than acceptable !

Mild acidosis can cause such problems as:
    Cardiovascular damage, including the constriction of blood vessels and the reduction of oxygen.
    Weight gain, obesity and diabetes.
    Bladder and kidney conditions, including kidney stones.
    Immune deficiency.
    Acceleration of free radical damage, possibly contributing to cancerous mutations.
    Hormone concerns.
    Premature aging.
    Osteoporosis; weak, brittle bones, hip fractures and bone spurs.
    Joint pain, aching muscles and lactic acid build up.
    Low energy and chronic fatigue.
    Slow digestion and elimination.
    Yeast/fungal overgrowth.
    Ph the Cause of Disease

Grizz

LinD is offline Member
    Reading. Thank you, Grizz.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You're a dork Grizz. Acidic urine is normal and healthy. PH balance in the body is moderated more tightly that you could imagine. Just a few deep breaths will change the pH of your body and lead to a cascade of changes. The pH of urine only indicates what the body is disposing of to maintain that balance.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I have recently discovered that we can measure our urine PH and our Saliva PH to see if our diet is really healthy or not. I have measured my urine and discovered that I am 1,000 times more acidic than acceptable.
    Check the PH of your distilled water. Mine is about 5.8. I raise the PH by adding 1/8 teaspoon potassium bicarbonate and 1/8 teaspoon baking soda.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    Check the PH of your distilled water. Mine is about 5.8. I raise the PH by adding 1/8 teaspoon potassium bicarbonate and 1/8 teaspoon baking soda.
    @@ Dex,
    Thanks for the tip. I'll get the baking soda today. I added the lemon juice and my distilled water remained at PH 5.8.
    I also stopped drinking coffee. I used to drink it all day & night, too. From now on, just 1 cup in the morning & distilled water the rest of the day.

@@ knifegill,
    You're a dork Grizz. Acidic urine is normal and healthy. PH balance in the body is moderated more tightly that you could imagine. Just a few deep breaths will change the pH of your body and lead to a cascade of changes. The pH of urine only indicates what the body is disposing of to maintain that balance.
    1st, I'm reporting you for name calling. sillygrin.gif We can have friendly discussions without inciting fights by name calling.

You are correct, the BLOOD PH is very tightly controlled. The metabolism steals minerals & nutrients from the body to keep Blood PH at optimum. It steals whatever it needs if our diet is inadequate. If we have an optimum diet, then our metabolism doesn't have to steal.

See this link that describes the process:
    Over acidity can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems and unfortunately is very common place today. When out of balance it gives rise to an internal environment which can be conducive to disease, fatigue and ill health. Those of us with the correct pH-balanced environment allows their bodies to have normal body function necessary for the immune system and helps us to resist disease. A healthy body requires adequate alkaline reserves to meet emergency demands and when excess acids must be neutralized our alkaline reserves are depleted leaving the body in a weakened condition. An Acid Alkaline Balanced diet, according to many experts, is a vital key to maintaining optimum health and vitality, two energetic states of being that I would think all of us require as a must to have an enjoyable and fulfilling life.
    Mild acidosis can cause such problems as:
    • Cardiovascular damage, including the constriction of blood vessels and the reduction of oxygen.
    • Weight gain, obesity and diabetes.
    • Bladder and kidney conditions, including kidney stones.
    • Immune deficiency.
    • Acceleration of free radical damage, possibly contributing to cancerous mutations.
    • Hormone concerns.
    • Premature aging.
    • Osteoporosis; weak, brittle bones, hip fractures and bone spurs.
    • Joint pain, aching muscles and lactic acid build up.
    • Low energy and chronic fatigue.
    • Slow digestion and elimination.
    • Yeast/fungal overgrowth.
    Ph the Cause of Disease
    The change in PH from 7 to 6 is HUGE ! It means 10 times more acidic. The change from 7 to 5 is 1,000 times more acidic. Amazingly, the change from 7 to 4 is 10,000 times more acidic! If our urine test 4.5 we are in seriously bad health and must change our diet asap.

12 steps to increase PH
    I've started steps 1 & 2 today.

Best to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-10-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I was trying to find those. About to give up...thanks Dragonfly!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure glad my urine doesn't circulate throughout my bloodstream. Which, as Knifegill pointed out, is extremely tightly controlled to a very small range of pH (you can tell because I'm typing this, which means I'm not dead).

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Grizz, unfortunately this is a myth. Read this:
    The pH Myth: Part 1
    The Acid-Alkaline Myth: Part 2
    Dragonfly,

Thanks for that article. It confirms just what I have been saying:
    I want to acknowledge a couple things they get right. First, foods do leave behind acid or alkaline ash. The type of ‘ash’ is determined by the relative content of acid-forming components such as phosphate and sulfur, and alkalis such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium. (1, 2) In general, animal products and grains are acid forming, while fruits and vegetables are alkali forming. Pure fats, sugars, and starches are neutral, because they don’t contain protein, sulfur, or minerals.
    It’s also true that the foods we eat change the pH of our urine. (3, 4) If you have a green smoothie for breakfast, for example, your pee a few hours later will likely be more alkaline than that of someone who had bacon and eggs. As a side note, it’s also very easy to measure your urine pH, and I think this is one of the big draws of the alkaline diet. Everyone can probably agree that it’s satisfying to see concrete improvements in health markers depending on your diet, and pH testing gives people that instant gratification they desire.
    Conclusion

I don’t deny that many people have seen significant health improvements when switching to an alkaline diet....
    * Eating more fresh produce is rarely a bad idea, especially when it displaces nutrient poor processed foods.
    * A person switching to an alkaline diet would significantly reduce their consumption of grains, which could cause dramatic health improvements for somebody with a leaky gut or gluten sensitivity. [Dr. Davis tells everyone to eliminate grains for optimum health in his book, Wheat Belly-Grizz]
    * Dairy would also be minimized, which would help those with dairy sensitivities.
    * alkaline diets tend to contain far less sugar than a standard Western diet. [exactly what we want to do for optimum health]
    So thank you for your expert. He confirms the case for optimizing PH for optimum health.

Everyone agrees that our metabolism keeps our blood PH in a tight range in order to protect organs. Your "Expert" does not discuss what happens when diet is inadequate to supply the required nutrients. Here is what happens: The metabolism steals whatever it needs from the rest of the body to the keep blood PH as perfect as possible.

The solution is to improve our diet to minimize stealing. Tell us what is so bad about these steps to improve PH:

1. Start your day with a large glass of water with the juice of a whole, freshly-squeezed lemon. While lemons may seem acidic, they have the opposite effect on your body as it metabolizes them.
    2. Eat a large green salad tossed in lemon juice and olive oil. Greens are among the best sources of alkaline minerals, like calcium.
    3. Snack on raw, unsalted almonds. Almonds are packed with natural alkaline minerals like calcium and magnesium, which help to balance out acidity while balancing blood sugar.
    4. Drink an almond milk and berry smoothie with added green powder like spirulina, chlorella, or other greens. Choose almond milk over cow’s milk, since the latter is acid-forming.
    5. Go for a brisk walk or some other exercise. Exercise helps move acidic waste products so your body can better eliminate them.
    6. Breathe deeply. Ideally, choose a spot that has fresh, oxygen-rich air. And, sorry Febreze, Glade, and all the other so-called “air fresheners”: air filled with these scents is not what I’m talking about here.
    7. Go meat-free for a day. (Just ONE day) During the metabolism of meat, there is an acid residue left behind.
    8. Skip the sugar-laden dessert or soda. Sugar is one of the most acidic foods we consume. You need over 30 glasses of neutral water just to neutralize the acidity of ONE can of soda.
    9. Add more veggies to your diet. No, potatoes don’t count. But sweet potatoes are a good choice (provided you’re not slathering them in sweeteners or butter). Asparagus, squash, peppers, and other vegetables are also excellent choices.
    10. Sprout it out. Add more sprouts to your daily diet. They are extremely alkalizing and supercharged with nutrients and energy-boosting enzymes.
    11. Add cinnamon, ginger, and other herbs and spices. Cinnamon is a wonderful alkalizing spice that you can add to just about anything. It’s great with sweet potatoes, apples, or sprinkled in hot tea. Ginger root is also a great alkalizer and detoxifier that spices up many dishes and makes a tasty, warming winter tea. Experiment with the spices in your cabinet — herbs and spices don’t just make things taste better, in most cases they’re good for your health.
    12. Monitor your Urinary pH. Tracking your first morning urine pH (after at least 6 hours of sleep) is a simple and convenient way to know how your nutritional changes are affecting your body. When this number is between 6.5 (slightly acidic) and 7.5 (slightly alkaline), it suggests that your overall cellular pH is where it should be — slightly alkaline. Results in an acid range can suggest that your bones are being depleted of minerals to offset the excess acid in your system.
    Top 12 Ways to Make your Body More Alkaline | Icon Performance Online v3
    Don't you agree that these 12 steps can improve our health?

PS) Just to clarify why giving up bread & all wheat products is such a boost to our health see this link:http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
    For example, our neighbor Nancy in Westport has lost 100 lbs in a year by simply giving up wheat products & taking needed supplements. She has even been able to slash her diabetic drugs by 75%, thanks to Dr. Davis & his wonderful book.

Has anyone substantially improved their health by correcting Acidosis (Very low urine PH)? I would seriously like to hear from you.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-10-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    Dex,
    Many thanks, my friend. I found this excellent video by Dr. Sircus about how powerful Sodium Bicarbonate (same as Baking Soda) is for disease and boosting the PH of water. He also describes effective it is to cure disease, including Cancer.

Sodium Bicarbonate and pH Medicine

I looked up potassium bicarbonate, I get confused over all of these chemical names and found this excellent article that describes how healthy it is, and how effective it is to help raise urine PH.
    If a person does not have enough potassium in the body, a condition known as hypokalemia, negative symptoms can occur. These include fatigue, muscle cramping, constipation, bloating, muscle paralysis and potentially life-threatening heart rhythms, according to the Linus Pauling Institute. Taking potassium bicarbonate can help to reduce these symptoms. Potassium bicarbonate also can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of developing kidney stones.
    What Is Potassium Bicarbonate? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Best to everyone,
    Grizz

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast