Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Measure Your PH for Optimal Health page 9

LinD is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Found it:

Http://www.mthfrsupport.com/why-mthf...f-methylation/

"...gut health should always be taken care of before methylation will work at it’s full potential. PH balance, parasites, bacteria and mold are just a few things that will disrupt gut absorption."

Grizz is offline Banned
    Benefits of Alkaline Diet for Diabetics

Human Body Design and Alkaline Diet

The human body is, to some degree, alkaline by design. By maintaining it alkaline we allow it to run at an ideal level. Nevertheless, millions of reactions of our metabolism yield acidic wastes as end products. When we consume an excessive amount of acid-producing foods and not enough alkaline-forming foods we aggravate the body acid intoxication. If we let these acid-wastes build-up throughout the body, a disorder known as acidosis develops over time.

Acidosis will progressively debilitate our body vital functions, if we do not quickly take corrective actions. Acidosis, or body over-acidity, is in fact one of the leading causes of human aging. It makes our body highly vulnerable to the series of the deadly degenerative chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, arthritis, as well as heart diseases.

For this reason, the biggest challenge we humans have to face to protect our lives is actually to find the right way to reduce the production, and to maximize the elimination of the body acidic wastes. To avoid acidosis and the age-related diseases, and to continue running at its highest level possible, our body needs a healthy lifestyle. This lifestyle should include regular exercises, a balanced nutrition, a clean physical environment, and a way of living that brings the lowest stress possible. A healthy lifestyle allows our body to keep its acid waste content at the lowest level possible.

The alkaline diet, also known as the pH miracle diet, seems to fit the best the design of the human body. This is mainly because it helps neutralize the acid wastes and allows flushing them out from the body. People should look at alkaline diet as general dietary boundaries for humans to abide by. The persons who have particular health issues and special medical diets might better accommodate those diets to alkaline diet boundaries.

Alkaline Diet Benefits for Diabetics

The miracle alkaline diet will help improve the overall health of the persons suffering from diabetes. As it does for other human beings, alkaline diet will help boost their body physiology and metabolism, as well as their immune system. This diet will allow diabetics to have a better control on their blood sugar. It is also going to help not only in reducing their weight gain and the risks of cardiovascular diseases, but also in keeping their cholesterol level low.

In fact, the alkaline diet allows a better management of diabetes and, as a result, it helps diabetics avoid more easily the degenerative diseases connected to their condition. So by following an alkaline diet, despite their health situation, diabetics can, at the same time, live healthier and extend considerably their life expectancy.

Diabetics Acid-Alkaline Food Chart

In general, people who want to follow an alkaline diet need to select their daily food items from an 'Acid-Alkaline Foods Chart'. We recently published a 'Diabetics Acid-Alkaline Food Chart'. The use of this specific chart allows diabetics to conform to both the alkaline diet rule and the glycemic index rule.

The alkaline diet rule sets general nutritional guidelines. According to this diet plan, our daily food intake should be composed of a minimum of 80 percent of alkaline-forming foods, and of no more than 20 percent of acidifying food products. Additionally, the diet highlights that the more alkaline a food item is, the better it is actually; and on the other hand the more acidifying a food product is, the worse it should be for the human body.

As for the glycemic index rule, it divides foods into four main categories with respect to their ability to raise the blood sugar. This ability is now measured by the glycemic index GI that ranges from 0 to 100. (1) Foods that contain almost no carbohydrates and that have, in consequence, a negligible glycemic index (GI~0); diabetics may take them freely. (2) Foods containing carbohydrates with a low glycemic index (GI 55 or less); people with diabetes should eat these products with some precaution. (3) Foods that have carbohydrates of high glycemic index (GI 56 or more); diabetics must, so far as possible, exclude them from their diet. (4) Processed foods; diabetics will need to consult the manufacturers' labels to figure out their particular glycemic index values.

You can find more details on the glycemic index of foods on the web, at the following locations: the University of Sydney and the American Diabetes Association.

Diabetics Top Best and Top Worst Foods

Intended for the people affected by diabetes, the 'Diabetics Acid-Alkaline Food Chart' divides foods into six categories. The list below goes from the top best to the top worst foods.

1. Alkalizing food items with GI~0. They are among the top best foods. Diabetics may eat them freely.

Asparagus; broccoli; parsley; celery; lettuce; carob; vegetable juices; mushrooms; squash; okra; zucchini; cauliflower; garlic/onions; green beans; beets; cabbage; raw spinach; lemons; avocados; limes; goat cheese; herb teas; stevia; lemon water; ginger tea; green tea; canola oil; olive oil; flax-seed oil.

2. Alkalizing food products that have a GI of 55 or less. People who have diabetes should take them with moderation, because of their glycemic index.

Barley grass; sweet potato; carrots; fresh corn; olives; peas/soybeans; tomatoes; bananas; cherries; pears; oranges; peaches; grapefruit; mangoes; kiwi; papayas; berries; apples; almonds; Brazil nut; wild rice; chestnuts; coconut; quinoa; hazelnuts; lentils; soy milk; soy cheese; goat milk; breast milk; raw honey; whey.

3. Acidifying foods with a GI~0. Diabetics should consume them with caution, being their acid-producing character.

Rhubarb; cooked spinach; pork; shellfish; liver; oysters; beef; venison; lamb; cold water fish; chicken; turkey; eggs; butter; buttermilk; cottage cheese; cheese; corn oil; lard; margarine; sunflower oil; wine; beer; coffee; cocoa; tea; mayonnaise; molasses; mustard; vinegar; artificial sweeteners.

4. Acidifying foods having a GI of 55 or less. Considering both their acid-forming feature and their glycemic index, people with diabetes will need to eat them with restraint.

Lima beans; navy beans; kidney beans; pinto beans; blueberries; cranberries; sour cherries; prunes; plums; brown rice; sprouted wheat bread; corn; oats/rye; whole wheat/rye bread; pasta/pastries; wheat; walnuts; peanuts; pistachios; cashews; pecans; sunflower seeds; sesame; yogurt; cream; raw milk; custard; homogenized milk; ice cream; chocolate.

5. Alkaline-forming foods with a GI of 56 or more. Because of their high glycemic index, these products are among the worst foods for diabetics. Therefore, people who suffer from diabetes need to avoid them.

Turnip; beetroot; tofu; potato with skins; figs; grapes/raisins; dates; melons; pineapple; watermelon; rice syrup; maple syrup; raw sugar; amaranth; millet.

6. Acid-producing foods with a GI of 56 or more. These items are too acidic and have too high-glycemic index carbohydrates. They represent the top worst foods for diabetics. Thus, diabetes sufferers need to cut them completely from their meals.

White bread; buckwheat; pumpkin; white rice; spelt; potatoes w/o skins; white sugar; brown sugar; processed honey; soft drinks.

Dan Altic - PhD Science; 30+ years experience in "Nutrition and Lifestyle as Prevention, Cause and Treatment of Chronic Diseases".
    Benefits of Alkaline Diet for Diabetics

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LinD View Post
    Found it:

Http://www.mthfrsupport.com/why-mthf...f-methylation/

"...gut health should always be taken care of before methylation will work at it’s full potential. PH balance, parasites, bacteria and mold are just a few things that will disrupt gut absorption."
    LinD,
    Thank you for that, and I can add that anything made from wheat causes terrible gut related health problems. Dr. Davis explains how modern wheat creates a Pandoras Box of health problems, view his blog here:
    Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    PH and the Lymphatic System

Did you know the Lymphatic System carries as much or even more fluid than our blood system? But there is no heart to pump it though as with blood, and it requires exercise to move the fluid. It is our bodily Sewer System to move excrement from our cells through Lymph Nodes for filtration and then on to the blood stream.

A different view of PH

Understanding Your Body's Blood pH

Your body tightly controls its blood pH to keep it slightly alkaline (between 7.35 and 7.45 on the pH scale).

red blood cells flowing through an arteryOur bodies will go to great lengths to ensure that our blood stays in this range. This includes putting serious strains on other parts of the body to do the job.

Why? Because when our blood falls out of this range, it means that our bodies are suffering. Just a little higher or a little lower reading from normal also makes us susceptible to illness and disease.

And if the blood falls to 6.8 or rises above 7.8, we die. Quite simply, our cells cannot live in such an environment and they stop functioning.

The dangerous cycle of acidity

A lot of us do not eat foods in the proper acid alkaline balance - we are unaware of how important it is.

When we are too acidic, the body is forced to steal calcium from bones and magnesium from muscles in order to buffer those acids.

If there aren't enough buffering minerals available, the body resorts to storing excess acids in our tissues.

Then our immune system tries to do what it can to neutralize the acids in these tissues. Whatever it can't neutralize gets dumped back into the blood stream.

Then the blood stream tries again to neutralize the acids by pulling more mineral reserves out of the body. Whatever it cannot neutralize gets thrown back to the tissues.

It's a perilous game of "hot potato." Neither the blood nor the immune system wants the acids – both are desperate to get rid of them any way they can.

But what frequently happens is that a critical part of the immune system (the lymphatic system) is already overwhelmed and not functioning properly.

Why? Because a lot of us do not get the amount of exercise we need to keep the lymphatic system flushed.

(You probably never thought about that as a benefit of exercise. Yet another reason to get moving today!)

When the lymphatic system is clogged, the acids remain in the tissues. And of course these acids eat away at our tissues, paving the way for disease. This is the condition called acidosis.

Remember - if there aren't enough buffering minerals available, the body resorts to storing excess acids in our tissues. This is why it is wise to test your saliva pH and urine pH.

Another problem with an acid pH

Our red blood cells are what carry oxygen to our tissues (see lung functions).

When our blood pH is too acidic, our red blood cells stick to each other like rolls of coins.

This makes it incredibly difficult to get oxygen out to the tiny capillaries. (Blood flows from the heart to the arteries, that narrow into arterioles, that narrow further to the capillaries.)

So the body becomes oxygen deprived and sick. And people wonder why they’re always tired?! Their bodies are deprived of oxygen!

Correcting an acidic body

Our bodies are perfectly capable of healing themselves if we simply provide the right raw materials.

Even a body heavily burdened with toxic acids can find its way back to body pH balance.

If you are looking to shift your blood pH more to the alkaline side, start eating more alkaline forming foods, like raw fruits and vegetables. And be sure to drink plenty of pure water.
    Blood pH - Understanding its Role in Body pH Balance
    My ALL NEW PH References File:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-PH-Levels

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-16-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Lower high Blood Pressure by 20 Points

Dr. Morris,Jr, Dr. Frassetto, & Dr. Sebastian all from UCSF authored a research report on why we should add more Potassium Bicarbonate to our diets. Paleo man ate far more Potassium than we do today, and it is required to help boost sickly body PH. They suggest 1 tsp Potassium Bicarbonate in a glass of water each day.

Video
    Potassium bicarbonate lowered my blood pressure nearly 20 points to 121/72 mm Hg - YouTube

Here is the research discussed in the video:
    http://www.saeure-basen-forum.de/pdf.../frassetto.pdf

Q&A

Tony Rankin 1 week ago
    Can I add potassium bicarbonate to food the same way I would add salt when cooking? Would I get the same benefit as drinking it dissolved in water?
    I presently take it dissolved in water but don't like the taste
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 1 week ago
    Yes, you would get the same benefit by adding it to food, but if the food is cooked in water, & you pour the water away, you will also lose most of the potassium bicarbonate.
    You might also try adding it to something like orange juice or tomato juice or coconut juice to mask the taste.
    You could also try adding it to apple sauce to mask the taste.
    I only use a couple ounce of water to the potassium bicarbonate, so it goes down in one or two gulps, but the taste does not bother me
    Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Zii Miller 4 weeks ago
    How much can you take? How many teaspoons a day is safe? I have low potassium.
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 4 weeks ago
    I take 1/2 teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate twice a day for a total of one teaspoon per day.
    I've taken this since 2000, that is for 13 years at this point.
    This amount of potassium bicarbonate contains roughly 2000 mg of potassium per day.
    You can get the same amount of potassium by drinking 20 ounces of LOW Sodium V8 Juicer per day.
    Each ounce contains 100 mg of potassium, so there is 2000 mg of potassium in 20 ounces.
    Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Zii Miller 4 weeks ago
    So you're saying that 1 teaspoon of KHCO3 weighs 20 ounces? Or am I missing something... But thank you anyways
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 4 weeks ago
    Zii,
    Here is what I am saying.
    One teaspoon per day of potassium bicarbonate contains roughly 2000 mg of potassium.
    20 ounces of LOW Sodium V8 Juice per day also contains 2000 mg of potassium.
    So you can either take one teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate per day OR drink 20 ounces of LOW Sodium V8 Juice per day.
    Either of these contain 2000 mg of potassium plus bicarbonate.
    Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

lmulkey2011 1 month ago
    Thanks for this! Great Informaiton
    Reply ·

njsongwriter 2 months ago
    My wife has been taking potassium bicarbonate for over a month and while she has seen improvement in her BP - it is still erratic and not normalized.
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 2 months ago
    Njsongwriter,
    For me, potassium bicarbonate lowered blood pressure within a few weeks, and over the next couple of months, my blood pressure continued to drift slightly lower.
    I've taken potassium bicarbonate for 13 years -- since 2000.
    Julian Whitaker, MD, who uses mostly natural treatments, has said on his radio program that for someone with severely elevated blood pressure, blood pressure comes down VERY RAPIDLY when they increase potassium intake.
    Larry Hobbs

njsongwriter 2 months ago
    How long does it take to lower BP with potassium bicarbonate?
    Reply ·

Rachael Jean 8 months ago
    can you please share where you got the info that says potassium bicarbonate is 39 % potassium and 61 % bicarbonate? thanks
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 8 months ago
    Ruby Jean,
    The information that potassium bicarbonate is 39% potassium is from the Merck INdex which is a book that lists all chemicals, what they are made of, and briefly what they are used for.
    If you are interested, I will be glad to email you the page from the Merck Index where it shows this.

Larry Hobbs
    Repy

Rachael Jean 7 months ago
    I'm a little confused by this. I take potassium chloride supplements from a doctor and each pill is 2,000 mg of potassium.... so is a percentage of that 2,000 mg chloride and not entirely 100% potassium or am I also getting am unknown dose of chloride along with the 2,000 mg potassium? How do we know that 5,000 mg of potassium bicarbonate is really only 39% potassium or approx 2,100 mg and not 5,000 mg potassium?
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 7 months ago
    Potassium Chloride is 52% potassium and 48% chloride.
    Potassium Bicarbonate is 39% potassium and 61% bicarbonate.
    If your pill is potassium chloride, and it says the pill is 2000 mg, then it contains roughly 1000 mg of potassium (2000 mg x 52% = roughly 1000 mg).
    I take potassium bicarbonate as powder, so I weighed it myself and multiplied by 39% to get the potassium content.
    I will post another comment why I like potassium bicarbonate BETTER than potassium chloride.
    Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 7 months ago
    Here is why I like potassium bicarbonate BETTER than potassium chloride. A great paper on the evolutionary aspects of diet said that we used to consume a lot more potassium and a lot more bicarbonate-generating compounds and a lot less sodium and a lot less chloride. They also showed results of a study where potassium bicarbonate dramatically reduced strokes in rats wheres potassium bicarbonate did not. Therefore I take potassium bicarbonate rather than potassium chloride Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 7 months ago
    By the way, the clinical guidelines on potassium replacement in medical practice recommend using potassium chloride, but I think they are WRONG.
    I think they are basing their recommendation on theory, NOT on studies.
    Potassium bicarbonate has numerous benefits that potassium chloride does not.
    If you want a copy of this paper on the numerous benefits of potassium bicarbonate, I will be glad to email it to you to show to your doctor.
    Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

itsno1duh 4 months ago
    The MDs I have known are satisfied to "control" a symptom, they do not seen qualified or interested in upping the overall quality of the human organism or it's ability to function OPTIMALLY. The potassium bicarb seems to fall in the later category as it just makes sense to improve "the whole" as opposed to controlling one iota of the function. It is just too much like (yeah) RIGHT for the money making illness management industry (IMI). Thanks for the breakdown on this subject.
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 4 months ago
    I agree.
    To restate it slightly differently...
    Blood pressure drugs only treat the symptom of high blood pressure, but they do NOT treat the cause.
    (Nobody has high blood pressure due to a lack of these drugs.)
    Potassium (bicarbonate) treats the cause of high blood pressure.
    My guess is that a relative potassium deficiency is at the root cause of most causes of elevated blood pressure for most people with hypertension.

Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Gabriela Anghel 9 months ago
    Thank you for this video/info. Can you take Potassium bicarbonate in juice, tea and not only water? How much liquid at a half teaspoon of Potassium Bicarbonate?
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 9 months ago
    Yes, you can put potassium bicarbonate in juice.
    I mix mine with a couple ounces of water.
    The same amount of juice -- a couple of ounces -- is enough, but you can use more juice if you prefer.
    Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Pendrez 1 year ago
    How do you consume Potassium Bicarbonate in a safe way ?
    Reply ·

Larry Hobbs 1 year ago
    Potassium bicarbonate is 39% potassium and 61% bicarbonate.
    So if you were to weight one teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate, it will weighs about 5 grams (5000 mg).
    But potassium bicarbonate contains 39% potassium, so 5000 mg of potassium bicarbonate contains about 2000 mg of potassium (5000 mg x 39% equals roughly 2000 mg).
    I take roughly one-half teaspoon, twice a day for a total of 2000 mg of potassium. Larry Hobbs

Reply ·
    Larry Hobbs 1 year ago
    Perhaps a safer way for people to get an additional 2000 mg of potassium per day in the same form is to consume 20 ounces of Low Sodium V8 Juice per day. Each one ounce contains 100 mg of potassium so 20 ounces contains 2000 mg of potassium. Walmart sells it for cheap. (Use the real stuff, not some cheaper copycat product. None of the copycat products I have seen contain as much potassium as Low Sodium V8 Juice.) Larry Hobbs
    Reply ·

Ara604 9 months ago
    ive searched for good potassium sources and I found these:
    "wholesome sweeteners" brand blackstrap molasses has 730mg potassium per tbsp
    lewis labs brewers yeast has 600mg per tbsp (and also a TON of every b vitamin, probably more than any food.
    just thought id let u know

MORE Q&A after the Video
    Potassium bicarbonate supplementation reduces calcium loss from the body. This is evidence of chronic acidosis, because calcium from bone is used by the body as a last resort buffer in response to prolonged metabolic acidosis.

PS) Potassium Bicarbonate dissolves instantly in water and I think it improves the flavor of my distilled water.

If you missed it, Dexterry recommended Nuts-r- Us for the best prices on this, and I found it to be about 1/2 the price at Amazon.Com
    Dex also recommended Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) mixed with Potassium Bicarbonate 50/50 as a good way to boost the PH of water.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1277609

Also Dextery's additional tips to lower blood pH:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1283909

How To Manage Blood Pressure Naturally by Dr. Bruno reiterates Dextery's tip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaUwWN0JdA

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-17-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, the actual site for the potassium bicarbonate is nuts.com and this is the link to the potassium bicarbonate. Potassium Bicarbonate - Leaveners & Thickeners - Nuts.com

I also get my raw cacao nibs from nuts.com also.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    Grizz, the actual site for the potassium bicarbonate is nuts.com and this is the link to the potassium bicarbonate. Potassium Bicarbonate - Leaveners & Thickeners - Nuts.com

I also get my raw cacao nibs from nuts.com also.
    Dexterry,

You are my hero for that tip on Potassium Bicarbonate. That tip led me to discovering that University of California report to substantially lower high blood pressure. I do have that problem. I'll let you know my progress report now that I have cured my SICKLY LOW 5.0 pH levels and with 1 tsp Potassium Bicarbonate each day. My wife has started the program also.

Best to you & many thanks,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-17-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    For high BP, you might try mixing raw cinnamon and grated fresh ginger and turmeric into some greek yogurt. I also add my cacao nibs into the mix. 1/2 teaspoon of the ginger, 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and cinnamon. Sometimes I will press fresh garlic into the mix also. The turmeric and cinnamon I buy in bulk for about 55 cents an ounce from my local health food store.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Osteoporosis Natural Treatment -
    Alkaline Diet With Supplements

Dan Altic: The Web Network: "Nutrition Cause and Treatment for Chronic Diseases".
    30+ years experience on nutrition and chronic diseases.

Prevalence
    Osteoporosis or porous bone is a degenerative chronic disease that leads to bone fragility and an increased risk of fracture. In United States osteoporosis constitutes an important health problem especially for people aged 50 and over. Presently 10 million Americans are estimated to have osteoporosis. About 80 percent of those affected people are women.

Most Common Cause
    For each individual chronic disease a variety of causes are generally blamed. At the end however acidosis or body over-acidity appears to be the most common leading cause for nearly all degenerative diseases, including osteoporosis. The majority of nutritionists and many other scientists agree that acidosis itself is primarily due to a nutritional deficiency related to our modern acidic diet.

Our body metabolism, physiology and immune system, which are the essential processes and system that sustain our health and life itself, work at their optimum levels only when our body pH is slightly alkaline. That is the case when our blood pH is in the range 7.35-7.45. Below and beyond the optimal pH zone, the body vital functions will undergo a progressive deterioration and as a consequence degenerative diseases, such as osteoporosis, will develop with time one after another.

In the case of acidosis the accumulation of acid excess in and around the cells constitutes an extremely toxic condition for the individual cells and for the whole body. For that reason, in presence of acidosis, the body will strive either to eliminate or to neutralize the acid excess by using its primary regulatory defense mechanisms. First of all the body will try to eliminate the acid excess trough blood circulation, breathing, sweating and urination. But if the acid excess continues to build up the body will start using and depleting its mineral alkaline reserves. At this stage calcium specifically is leached first from the blood and soft tissues, and then from bones, teeth and cartilages. This last process will lead over time to osteoporosis.

The foods we eat are divided into two categories: alkaline-forming foods (vegetables, fruits) and acid-producing foods (animal products, cereals, sugars). More details on individual food acid-alkaline properties are given on our website in the Acid-Alkaline Foods Chart. To keep our body slightly alkaline for a vibrant health we need to adopt an alkaline diet which should consist of at least 80% of alkaline-producing foods and of not more than 20% of acid-forming foods. This goal is of course hard and almost impossible to reach with our today lifestyle. But to get our nutrition balanced anyway we need to add to our modern diet on a daily base a number of nutritional supplements.

Osteoporosis Natural Treatment
    Consistent with all the statements highlighted above and according to nutritionists osteoporosis can ultimately be slowed, stopped and even reversed with an alkaline diet enriched with nutritional supplements and alkaline mineral water (an individual person should drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day). That is what we recommend as osteoporosis natural treatment. Keeping our body slightly alkaline is the only way to empower our body to prevent and heal osteoporosis or other degenerative diseases with or without prescription medications.
    Osteoporosis Natural Treatment - Alkaline Diet With Supplements

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    For high BP, you might try mixing raw cinnamon and grated fresh ginger and turmeric into some greek yogurt. I also add my cacao nibs into the mix. 1/2 teaspoon of the ginger, 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and cinnamon. Sometimes I will press fresh garlic into the mix also. The turmeric and cinnamon I buy in bulk for about 55 cents an ounce from my local health food store.
    Dextery,

I started on your Super Greek Yogurt today. It had a great taste ! I was surprised. We are almost out of ginger, will have get more. I discovered that Nuts-r-Us also has good prices on these ingredients.

I'm seeing my 1st results from my new pH Diet. I have been suffering with exercise induced asthma for decades. Today I was able to do my 3 mile walk without ANY asthma attacks ! A new first for me ! If this keeps up, maybe I can even toss my inhalers where they belong: in the GARBAGE.

Asthma linked to Acidosis articles:
    doctors at the University of Virginia have found that the breath of asthmatics who are having an attack is a thousand times as acidic as normal.
    Acidic Breath of Asthmatics Hints at Better Treatments - NYTimes.com
    Natural sodium is often robbed from the lining of the esophagus. If enough erosion happens, it can prevent the sphincter muscle at the top of the stomach from closing properly, resulting in heartburn, acid reflux or GERD. Damage to the esophagus can cause difficulty in swallowing or a narrowing of the esophagus.

To protect you, the body will try to eliminate acid through the bowel, kidneys, skin and respiratory system.

Eliminating [acid] through the lungs (lower respiratory system) can cause asthma. If acid settles in the sinuses (upper respiratory system), the body will try to dilute it with mucus, which can result in post nasal drip or sinus problems.

Eliminating through the urinary system can cause blood in the urine and/or bladder irritation, cystitis, and later on kidney damage. It can also increase the likelihood of developing UTI's (Urinary Track Infections).

When the body's pH is acidic for a long period of time, it can start changing the blood's pH from an ideal 7.41 to a more acidic 7.35, which can cause irritation and inflammation in the arteries. In response to this, the body will line the arteries with cholesterol to protect the arteries from the pH imbalance.
    Acidosis, pH imbalances problems and solutions
    Respiratory acidosis

• Lung disorders, such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis, severe asthma, pneumonia, or pulmonary edema
    • Sleep-disordered breathing
    • Diseases of the nerves or muscles of the chest that impair breathing, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
    • Overdose of drugs such as alcohol, opioids, and strong sedatives
    http://www.psychologicalharassment.o...-and-disorders
    Confirmed by my experience.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-17-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast