Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Measure Your PH for Optimal Health page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're against this Paleobird? Then why did you link that ridiculous article about milk?
    Actually that was a slip of the mouse. I meant to link another article that was right next to it in the google search list. I didn't realize it until morning. We shouldn't stay up posting so late.

No, we totally agree that this whole Ph thing is silly and mostly propagated by vegans trying to tell you about the acidic evils of meat.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for chiming in PB!

Grizz, I love that you champion Vitamin D3, however, this pH thing is really a waste of your time.

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    The last time I had urine/blood tests my PH came in as 5 and I had ketones in urine also. ( eventhough I eat lots of carbs)

I am a bit scared of messing with iodine as I have multinodular goiters on the thyroid, I certainly don't want to make things worse.

I did ask the Doc about PH, he told me that it was quite variable from one test to another, and that the body will regulate it as needed.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I've never understood this whole thing. Your stomach acid pH is more acidic than any food, and it's the minerals that are alkalizing, so, how could a particular food rich in these minerals be acidic, and harmful, for example dairy. Especially when these vegans promote foods high in acidic nutrients like phosphorus, or insanely hard to digest ones like raw greens. Seems like propaganda to me, and based on a guess.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Thanks for chiming in PB!

Grizz, I love that you champion Vitamin D3, however, this pH thing is really a waste of your time.
    Dragonfly,

Thank you for your concern, but I am not wasting my time. Did you notice the post I made about the honorable Dr. Brownstein supporting PH? Dr. Brownstein is famous world wide and he cannot be dismissed. Please read his message here.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1277709

I have done all of my homework on this subject and I support Dr. Brownstein. He is 100% correct.

PaleoBird also fought iodine tooth & nail, but yet people in my little community have cured their serious health problems with the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol:
    The iodine Thread!!! - Page 73
    Author Lynne Farrow documents how iodine cured her breast cancer & several other health problems in her book, "The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life"

It is Paleobird who wasting her time trying to fight against this thread and the honorable Dr. Brownstein.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-10-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I've never understood this whole thing. Your stomach acid pH is more acidic than any food, and it's the minerals that are alkalizing, so, how could a particular food rich in these minerals be acidic, and harmful, for example dairy. Especially when these vegans promote foods high in acidic nutrients like phosphorus, or insanely hard to digest ones like raw greens. Seems like propaganda to me, and based on a guess.
    Derpamix,
    That is why we are into this thread, to learn why measuring PH works. I can't blame Vegans for this. The world famous Dr. Brownstein explains it in my previous post and he is not a vegan. He promotes the Paleo Diet.

Grizz

Well, most of the foods you recommend are vegan propaganda and it doesn't show how cow's milk is acidifying considering it contains all of alkalizing minerals, and an abundance of calcium with an ideal ratio of calcium to phosphorus.

Another thing, different parts of your body require different levels of pH, it seems strange to try to make yourself 'more alkaline' because you'd just be counter balancing another part of the body. pH can fluctuate throughout the day at different levels in different areas of the body. Your stomach is so acidic that you can't even significantly change the acidity of your stomach, much less your blood. It's what helps you to break down food anyway. Besides that, some foods that are claimed to be acidic, leave an alkaline ash after digestion, so what's the deal here?

One thing I've noticed being touted is that cancer cells can't live in an alkaline environment, but, neither can any other cell.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Yeah, it does go beyond the realm of the ridiculous into the realm of medically dangerous.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, I'll add to the chorus. This is utter nonsense. Given that blood pH is stable, as you've agreed above, there can be no pH effect on the organs. Urine pH only varies because the body is balancing blood pH. Brownstein appears to be quack. If you are convinced otherwise, perhaps you can provide some links to peer reviewed publications where this is discussed
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast