Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Measure Your PH for Optimal Health page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Grizz you missed this part in the article Dragonfly linked above. It was the part in big letters, the paragraph headings:

Foods can influence our urine pH

Foods don’t influence our blood pH

If you want to eat more salads and give up wheat, Great! It will help your health but it will not be because of the Ph.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sigh. But what is the Ph of your family jewels after you paint them.....
    I've reported you for being sexist and vulgar. There is no need to be so FILTHY on a message board

Here is my report on diet changing the PH numbers:
    Top 12 Ways to Make your Body More Alkaline

I have commented already on that post. He confirmed what we are finding.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-10-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    I found that potassium bicarbonate is an excellent product to slow or stop or reverse osteoporosis due to its alkilinity properties.
    http://www.drkaslow.com/html/alkaline_phosphatase.html

"In addition to liver, bile duct, or gallbladder dysfunction, an elevated serum alkaline phosphatase can be due to rapid growth of bone since it is produced by bone-forming cells called osteoblasts. One would expect that growing children have higher levels than full-grown adults. The relationship of alkalinity to bone development warrants further discussion because it plays a major role in the prevention and reversal of osteoporosis. Just as calcium builds up around faucets, so is calcium laid down into bone. The reason the calcium deposits on your faucet is because the water is alkaline and calcium comes out of solution and crystallizes in an alkaline environment. The reverse is also true, "Lime -Away", vinegar, or any other acidic solution dissolve the calcium deposits because they are acidic. It makes sense that osteoblasts by creating a local environment of alkalinity via alkaline phosphatase helps build bone. It also implies that in order to slow bone loss, one can not be in an acidic state. Studies have shown that giving bicarbonate of potassium is just as effective as calcium in correcting osteoporosis! One would expect then that in an acidic state, the body will compensate for this by increasing the bone alkaline phosphatase levels…"

I got my potassium bicarbonate at nuts.com for $6.99 for one pound.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    I found that potassium bicarbonate is an excellent product to slow or stop or reverse osteoporosis due to its alkilinity properties.
    http://www.drkaslow.com/html/alkaline_phosphatase.html

"In addition to liver, bile duct, or gallbladder dysfunction, an elevated serum alkaline phosphatase can be due to rapid growth of bone since it is produced by bone-forming cells called osteoblasts. One would expect that growing children have higher levels than full-grown adults. The relationship of alkalinity to bone development warrants further discussion because it plays a major role in the prevention and reversal of osteoporosis. Just as calcium builds up around faucets, so is calcium laid down into bone. The reason the calcium deposits on your faucet is because the water is alkaline and calcium comes out of solution and crystallizes in an alkaline environment. The reverse is also true, "Lime -Away", vinegar, or any other acidic solution dissolve the calcium deposits because they are acidic. It makes sense that osteoblasts by creating a local environment of alkalinity via alkaline phosphatase helps build bone. It also implies that in order to slow bone loss, one can not be in an acidic state. Studies have shown that giving bicarbonate of potassium is just as effective as calcium in correcting osteoporosis! One would expect then that in an acidic state, the body will compensate for this by increasing the bone alkaline phosphatase levels…"

I got my potassium bicarbonate at nuts.com for $6.99 for one pound.
    @@ Dextery, THANKS for that, I was just getting ready to order from Amazon.Com for $14.21, I like your price better !

OMG, Grizz, you are awesome! You are at your most hilarious when you are trying so hard to be deadly serious. Heheheheheheh.....
    @@ Paleobird,
    I've reported you again for being insulting. You are clearly trying to start a fight and you are wasting your time. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to this thread, then please go elsewhere to do your nasty trolling.

Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    But I do have something worthwhile to contribute (and I'll try to keep from laughing but it's really hard not to.)

Alkaline diet - RationalWiki

As pointed out in that article, if your Ph actually deviated that much, you would be dead. It doesn't. Everything you eat goes straight into a vat of acid (aka your stomach) and is broken down at which point whatever it's original ph was is gone, it doesn't exist any more.

But, I'm happy for you Grizz that you have found a new topic to champion. You just picked one that got debunked a long time ago.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Paleobird,
    Your article is grossly mistaken:
    "The alkaline diet is a relatively new diet fad, based on the notion that it's possible to alter your blood pH through a change in diet to make it more alkaline, receiving numerous health benefits." Your article is all wrong. You can find any number of false articles on the internet and this is one of them.

As I said earlier, it is not possible to alter the blood PH. That is tightly controlled by our metabolism. We are monitoring our urine & saliva PH NOT the blood PH. We are optimizing diet by monitoring the urine & saliva PH numbers.
    pH Food Chart

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-10-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Paleobird,
    Your article is grossly mistaken:
    "The alkaline diet is a relatively new diet fad, based on the notion that it's possible to alter your blood pH through a change in diet to make it more alkaline, receiving numerous health benefits." Your article is all wrong. You can find any number of false articles on the internet and this is one of them.

As I said earlier, it is not possible to alter the blood PH. That is tightly controlled by our metabolism. We are monitoring our urine & saliva PH NOT the blood PH. We are optimizing diet by monitoring the urine & saliva PH numbers.
    pH Food Chart

Grizz
    But your urine and saliva Ph are irrelevant to anything remotely connected to your health. Sorry to ruin your new "cause" but it just doesn't work that way.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But your urine and saliva Ph are irrelevant to anything remotely connected to your health. Sorry to ruin your new "cause" but it just doesn't work that way.
    Once again you are sadly mistaken...
    Your saliva pH is another important indicator of health and wellness.
    When you test both your saliva and urine pH, you get a more thorough picture of what is going on with your body pH levels.
    Your saliva lets you know the level of your mineral reserves available to your body.
    Remember, our bodies are constantly trying to rid themselves of excess acids created by our cells doing their daily jobs.
    We can overwhelm this process by eating poorly and getting little or no exercise - which creates even more acids.

These acids, if allowed to build up, irritate our tissues and steal minerals from them (as well as our teeth and bones). For more info, go to acidosis.

Your saliva pH readings
    Healthy saliva should be between 7.0 and 7.5 on the pH scale.
    If you get a reading in this range, it means that you have a good pH balance and plenty of mineral reserves. No modifications in your diet are necessary.

Readings of 6.25 to 6.75 mean that the body is slightly more acidic that it should be. Shifting your diet a little toward more alkaline forming foods will bring your pH back to where it needs to be.

Readings lower than 6.25 indicate severe acidity and very low mineral reserves. Your body is struggling with an acidic, toxic internal environment and your organs are under a lot of stress.

To correct this extreme imbalance, you will need to shift your diet away acid forming foods. You never want to eliminate these foods (you need the protein and fat), but do limit them (especially processed foods).

Once again, eating lots more raw fruits and vegetables and drinking plenty of pure water is incredibly important when trying to achieve body pH balance.
    Always remember to test your saliva before a meal or at least 30 minutes after one.
    Your Body's Saliva pH
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Brownstein Report on PH

Dr. Brownstein Discusses Acidity and alkalinity

The pH of the body is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of the body on a scale from 0 to 14 respectively. In an acidic body the pH is lowered, while in an alkaline body, the pH is elevated. In a diseased state, the body can be either too acidic or too alkaline. The body has many overlapping mechanisms designed to keep the pH of the body in a neutral state – around a pH of 7.2. When the pH of the body becomes either too acidic or too alkaline, normal physiologic functions decline. The organs of the body (kidneys, liver, brain, etc) do not function efficiently unless the pH of the body is neutral (7.2); the brain does not function well when the body is either acid or alkaline. Enzymes, the catalysts for the body, are very sensitive to pH changes and will lose most of their function when the pH is altered. Enzymes can become deactivated with either an acidic or an alkaline pH. Immune system cells are unable to protect us when the pH is imbalanced. In fact, no part of the body will work efficiently if the pH is not properly balanced. An acidic pH is associated with many chronic illnesses including cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis and candida, as well as hormonal imbalances. Majid Ali, one of holistic medicine’s foremost practitioners, has stated, ‘An acidic pH is a marker of the absence of health in the body’. 8 In a diseased state an acidic pH is more common than an alkaline one and, generally, the more ill one is, the more acidic one’s body.

Food affects pH
    The food one eats can have a dramatic effect on pH. In nearly every case refined foods, devitalized of all the healthy vitamins, minerals and enzymes, acidify the body. Minerals are one of the most alkalinizing agents for the body but, due to poor diets full of refined foods, many people today are mineral deficient, which is often associated with a lowered pH (<7.0). Refined salt contains no minerals, while unrefined salt is loaded with them. It does not take much to realize that unrefined salt will thus promote a healthy pH whereas refined salt will act against it by increasing acidity. In fact, all refined foods (including refined sugar, flour, oils,etc) lack minerals, vitamins and enzymes. When we eat these devitalized foods, our body has to use its own store of vitamins, minerals and enzymes to break down food. Over time this leads to nutrient deficiencies and chronic illness. Furthermore,eating devitalized food leads to acidity in the body. Thus, due to the prevalence of refined food, it is no wonder that most people run on the acidic side. My experience has shown that it is impossible to overcome chronic illness when there is an acidic condition present. Cancer and chronic illness are two of the consequences of an acidic pH. Cancer cells will proliferate in an acidic environment. In fact, most chronic illnesses will occur in an acidic environment.

It is very difficult to overcome any chronic illness if the pH of the body is acidic (ie. pH<7.2). In an experiment at home (performed by my daughterJessi ), one teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt in ˝ cup of filtered water increased the pH of the water from 6.4 (baseline) to 6.8–7.0. The same amount of refined salt, on the other hand, decreased the pH from 6.4 to 6.0 Refined salt, lacking the buffering effect of the minerals, is an acidifying substance for the body. On the other hand, unrefined salt helps to maintain a more neutral pH and can actually help elevate an acidic pH (see box). In order to promote a more neutral pH, unrefined salt needs to be the salt of choice; refined salt should be avoided at all costs. Finally, adding iodine supplementation to unrefined salt has a further alkalinizing effect.

Fruits and [uncooked] vegetables rich in vitamin C support your body’s natural, slightly alkaline pH by contributing alkalizing substances when digested. Some of the foods highest in vitamin C -- including cantaloupe melon, watermelon, kiwi fruit, citrus fruits, mango, papaya, strawberries, broccoli, parsley, bell peppers, cabbage, sweet potatoes and winter squash -- are among the top most alkaline-forming foods.
    Read more: Does Vitamin C Make The Body More Acidic? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Best to all,
    Grizz

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're against this Paleobird? Then why did you link that ridiculous article about milk?
    nihil

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast