Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Measure Your PH for Optimal Health page 11

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Then how come I sometimes send my co-worker an e-mail and walk to his office before it gets to his inbox?
    This is a joke right?

On the off chance you're serious, the time an email takes to get to its recipient has nothing to do with the speed electricity travels along wires. It has more to do with all the stop overs/routing/handshakes at various network nodes and ISP's and conversion from electricity to data and back to electricity many many times before it hit your coworkers computer

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    This is a joke right?
    No no.... please don't go on! You'll ruin it!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yeah! I want to know, if light is so fast, why my flashlight and my bowling ball fall at the same rate of speed on the moon!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    This is a joke right?

On the off chance you're serious, the time an email takes to get to its recipient has nothing to do with the speed electricity travels along wires. It has more to do with all the stop overs/routing/handshakes at various network nodes and ISP's and conversion from electricity to data and back to electricity many many times before it hit your coworkers computer
    So I'm not faster than the speed of light? I'm still my mommy's big, strong man though, right?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    *this thread is not a valid Primal concept. Any who stumble on it, please know Mark had nothing to do with this crap.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    4 Ways to Eliminate Acid From the Body - NaturalNews.tv

Elimination of acid in the body.

Very important for everyone except the deniers of acid PH in the cells of the body.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    *this thread is not a valid Primal concept. Any who stumble on it, please know Mark had nothing to do with this crap.
    +1
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Grizz is offline Banned
    You guys are mistaken. Mark talks about a balanced pH diet extensively.Such as here:
    Dr. Terry Wahls diet he discusses is the ultimate pH Diet.
    Why We Should Eat Leafy Greens | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple
    Plants Preserve Muscle Mass | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple

There are many more examples of Mark promoting alkaline forming fruits & veggies.

These are all on Mark's list of recommended foods to boost alkalinity:
    Top 12 Ways to Make your Body More Alkaline | Icon Performance Online v3

I suggest you boys go back & read Mark's Blog to learn more about his focus on fruits & veggies,
    Grizz

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Oh yay..grizz is back.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Everything we eat creates acidic waste in our bodies. Many acid wastes are normally excreted from the body in the form of urine and sweat. However, this is a slow process and these wastes accumulate as they circulate around in the blood. The body attempts to neutralize and detoxify these acids before they start destroying cells.

A long-term high meat diet accelerates the build up of acidic wastes at the cellular level. Cell function is disrupted and the body gradually, over many years, ceases to function.

This leads us to explore the difference between a meat and plant diet and the impact both can have on the health of the body. It has to do with understanding body pH metabolism.

The cells of the human body depend on a balanced acid-alkaline pH balance. If any fluids are abnormal, digestive enzymes become inactive, food does not digest properly and allergic reactions can occur.

The body is mostly water, allowing nutrients, oxygen and other materials to be transported. This water-based medium can have either an acid or alkaline property that can be measured by a graduated scale called pH or potential Hydrogen.
    pH, or the degree of acidity and alkalinity of a solution, is measured on a (logarithmic) scale of 1 to 14. On this logarithmic pH scale, a decrease from 6 to 5 is not a mere change of 1 but is actually a ten-fold change, that is, the amount of acidity increases 10 times and NOT by a factor of one. A decrease of 7 to 5 is 100 times more acidic !

Although the H is symbolic for hydrogen ion, it really indicates the amount of oxygen in the liquid media. The higher the pH, the more alkaline the liquid and the more oxygen in the fluid. The body prefers the slightly alkaline solution of 7.4 and if it drops below this for any length of time, it will suffer from a score of degenerative diseases.

The bloodstream is the most critically buffered [ neutralized ] system of the entire body, far more sensitive than any other. Arterial and venous blood must maintain a slightly alkaline pH; arterial blood: pH=7.41 and venous blood pH=7.36. Because the normal pH of arterial blood is 7.41, a person is considered to have acidosis when the pH of the blood falls below this value and to have alkalosis when the pH rises above 7.41. The lower limit of blood pH at which a person can live more than a few hours is about 6.8 and the upper limit is about 8.0.
    Symptoms of Acidosis
    Conditions that may go undetected for years

Stage 1. Beginning mild, long term symptoms:
    Acne, panic attacks, lack of sex drive, cold hands and feet, food allergies, agitation, bloating, mild headaches, rapid panting breath, hard to get up in the morning, heartburn (a burning sensation in the stomach and acid-tasting burps), halitosis.

Stage 2: the intermediate disorders:
    Cold sores, depression, migraine headaches, asthma, hives, swelling, urinary infections, colitis, excessive falling hair, stuttering, numbness, tingling, fungal infection, insomnia

Stage 3: Advanced symptoms become health problems:
    Osteoporosis, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, leukemia, all cancers, Hodgkin’s disease, schizophrenia, tuberculosis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis.

That’s what you have to look forward to if you are not changing the acid in your body.
    About 98% of the American public is acidic because of the foods they eat!
    Source Cochran, Marc: Cochran Acidosis

About 98% of the American public is acidic because of the foods they eat! The typical American diet and way of life are far too high in acid-producing animal products like meat, eggs and dairy, and far too low in alkaline-producing foods like fresh vegetables. Additionally, we eat acid-producing processed foods like white flour and sugar and drink acid-producing beverages like coffee and soft drinks. We use too many drugs and artificial chemical sweeteners which are extremely acid-forming. Eating "fast food" is also a contributor to acid-forming wastes.
    Correct an overly-acid body: by cleaning up your diet and lifestyle. Here is an example of what you can do to get an alkaline body:
    1. Consume 80% alkalizing foods and 20% acid-forming foods [ based on volume ]
    2. Reduce hi protein meats [ beef, pork, poultry, cheese ]
    3. Drink 6-8 glasses of pure water every day
    4. Drink minimum milk
    5. Eat green vegetables ( preferably organic )
    6. Eat lots of fruits
    7. Eat seed vegetables [ beans, peas for protein ]
    8. Eat raw nuts, including sunflower seeds and ground flax seeds
    9. Stop drinking sodas
    10. Get 20 to 30 minutes of sunshine exposure for vitamin D
    11. Eat smaller portions of foods
    12. Cook and eat more home meals
    13. Eliminate fast foods diet
    14. Get fresh air every day
    15. Exercise minimum 30 minutes at least four times a week
    16. Take nutritional supplements
    17. Improve your 'Mental State'