Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal -Kev- Miles to go before I sleep. page

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal -Kev- Miles to go before I sleep.

Shop Now
    I have been keeping a public FitDay page for about the last 5 weeks. I am planning on ending that in the next week or so probably on Friday, defiantly by next Monday since I have a week of travel for work and a week of vacation in June and I am not going to stress over food. However I will keep a food log here. If your interested you can check out my FitDay here http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...wner=PrimalKev I am working on some progress pictures and will share my story here of how I began my primal Journey. Part of my Title came from the poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost you can Google to find the full poem if you have never read it. Miles to go before I sleep sums up where I am in My Primal Journey.
    Last edited by Kev; 05-31-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Kev
    A little about myself, I am a computer geek, who hates computers, 37 years old married with two kids. On Christmas day I was looking at some photos and thought "who is that guy???" well it was me of course. The last two years I have tried chronic cardio in the form of bike riding to keep my weight down, but last year, July 2009 I developed planters fasciitis in my bad ankle (more on that later) and it limited my riding through the end of summer and fall. Winter was really bad in south-western Ohio and so I didn't ride at all and really packed on the pounds by Christmas.

You'll have to weight for the Admins to clear these pictures, but here goes nothing...

Bad followed by Worse. I weighed 252lbs when these photos were taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kev; 05-31-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: adding weight duhh...

Kev
    I had previously been introduced to the PB but hadn't done anything about it, and really wasn't sure what it really involved. The day after Christmas I started implementing changes, read PB 101 and ordered the book. If anyone hasn't read the book I highly recommend it. MDA has a ton of great information, the problem is it is too much information. The book makes things more concise and lays the foundation for all the information available on the web.

In the last week of April I started a PB challenge and snapped these photos a few days later, same shirt. At this point I weighed 213lbs. Do you see a difference?

Kev
    Today is the end of my challenge and for the last week my weight has bounced between 206 and 210lbs. Since Friday I have been pushing myself to eat ~3000 calories a day. After 5 weeks of calorie restriction I felt I needed it. Tomorrow I am going to do a 24+ hour fast and may attempt my first 36 hour fast. New pictures including my fancy sunburn. Oh I do have some shirtless pictures but I am saving them for some dramatic before and after pics. I still have miles to go on this Journey

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Kev youre making great progress!!!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Kev
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara tootie View Post
    Kev youre making great progress!!!
    Thanks Tara. My wife says I am disappearing, but I know I have a lot of work ahead.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Doing GREAT, Kev!!!

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Wow you're looking great! Keep it up!

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Kev, it's working for you..dayum, lookin good! Not only poundage but certainly you've incinerated many inches off. Grok on

robmedina is offline Member
    Good job Kev, can't wait to see the end result!

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast