Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey all the trainers at my gym think im crazy! page

Ripped42young is offline Junior Member

Hey all the trainers at my gym think im crazy!

Primal Fuel
    So today I went to the gym for my workout, and a trainer came up to me and asked what i was doing? I said what do you mean? He proceeded to tell me that I look a lot leaner suddenly,I told him I lost 10lbs of fat over the last month while gaining strength and muscle. Then I proceeded to tell him how,I told him i keep my carbs around 50-75g a day,eat lots of fatty meats and kept protien at about 200g. and ate a ton of veggies... He said I was nuts,anyone have any similar experiences? Also i tried there method of eating carbs and stayed the same wieght and BF for a whole year so I know the PB way works...I had him scratching his head for sure.. Good luck all.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I tried the PB for almost a year and I am still fat... sigh.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    It seems to be the prevailing belief that exercise is the best way to lose weight, and of course a generic gym-rat personal trainer would say that, it is in their interest to down-play the role of nutrition in health and promote exercise. Don't get me wrong, exercise is great for a host of reasons, but these dudes treat it like it's the be-all end-all of body composition. Oh except for protein. Protein protein protein. Gotta have that tuna, chicken breast and whey powder. Heh. Okay enough of that, I just don't see how people can miss one massive piece of the holistic puzzle.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    hehehe, if they asked me, i would tell them that i have discovered the super soldier formula.

"I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    really? are you? in plenty of other posts you are talking about getting down to less than 10% body fat so I'm assuming you're way less than 20%. Have we seen any before and after photos of you yet? Are you really fat or just not happy with how you look.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately, we must realize with these big chain gyms and personal trainers that there is a conflict of interest. I mean, what would the shareholders of 24 hour fitness think if everyone went primal, lost the fat, and realized they didn't need to pay 50/mo to run on a treadmill indoors everyday?

there is nothing more frustrating then watching my mom finally find the need to get healthy, but finds my method to be extreme and ridiculous. what does she do you ask? go to a gym where they have you do chronic cardio and the same old CW diet crap. so frustrating to see people refuse to accept that CW could be wrong. been trying to get the family to watch food inc in an effort to move them towards the proper lifestyle. I also can't handle the people, like my mother, that think an apple after dinner will counter balance all the macaroni, potatoes, and upside down pineapple cake

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Gyms are full of CW. Another one is that women should be doing light weights and lots of reps to stop them bulking up. LOL, whoops better make sure I don't bulk up by accident!! It makes no logical sense, but there is also research to show that in fact, in terms of fat loss, women get better results doing the same weights programme as men, adjusting the weight for muscle strength. In other words, lifting heavy. I mentioned this to one of the youngsters (i.e. trainers) at my gym and he didn't believe me. Unfortunately many of their female clients will feel pleased to be lifting light because they are afraid of getting bigger (i.e. gaining any muscle at all). Have you ever tried 20 reps x 3 in a gym? It is mind numbingly tedious. I found I had very little muscle toning doing this, but when I increased my weights and lowered repetitions I developed some nice muscle without being bulky. Basically my shape improved.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Lol, how about the people who think a salad with negate the effects of a cheesecake or cinnabon?
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Until I see photos I'm not going to listen to a dang thing you say, rph... I'm suspecting you've got a body image disorder. So put up or shut up! :P - I mean that in the nicest possible way... if you want us to take you seriously, evidence is required.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast