Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokin mama page 34

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hear the shiraz calling!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you are right. Thankfully I was too exhausted to do any real damage. So here I am up nice and early on a Saturday morning. I have a lot to do including finally getting DH to come and look at new carpets. Lots of other bits and pieces too. Now that the weather has turned really autumnal my floors are filthy. Have to rake the lovely foliage too and change 2 toilet seats. Oh yes, I'm living the high life! At least I have shaken off the cloud that hung over me all day yesterday. All the family are stillin bed and it's pitch black outside so can't get started on my to do list just yet. I'll just sit here and enjoy my BP coffee.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I hope you have a happy and productive day.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    ^x1000
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Aw MsSmith and Pedidoc, thank you for those lovely wishes. I did have a lovely day with all my boys. We picked a carpet, took no. 3 to the toy store as its his birthday tomorrow. We raked the leaves and now I'm cooking meatball marinara while hubby replaces the 2 toilet seats. Planning on lighting the fire soon and settling down to lovely Saturday night rubbish TV. It's not really cold enough for a fire but it has been a beautiful autumn day so it would be a fitting end. Your good vibes reached me!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Another early morning for me. Since starting this WOE, it must be 3 1/2 months now, I have been getting up really early. Not that I ever lazed in bed until noon, but I regularly wake at 5.30 or so. I find I'm fine all day and then hit the wall later which is fine. I know I'm probably not getting the recommended amount of sleep but so far it's what my body is telling me to do. Truth is I love my hour or so on my own the morning. It helps me sort out my priorities for the day.

Anyway today is my baby's birthday. He is a big 9 years old. I think we might go into the city, the Christmas lights were switched on last night. I think we will go to the cinema and out for dinner. In the meantime I have all the ironing to do and 50 exam papers to mark. I have marked about 200 this week but these ones are longer so I'm not looking forward to that.

I forgot to shout from the rooftops that during the week I rediscovered my wardrobe. I tentatively tried on a pencil skirt, uk size 10. I psyched myself up not to be annoyed if it didn't fit but IT DID! No nearly, maybe. It fitted me and there was a little extra room. So I have been re wearing all the clothes that belonged to a thinner me. I'm hoping to treat myself to a nice dress for Christmas as I have a wedding to go to also. Maybe in a size 8?

We are braced for arctic conditions here. Met office says that we are likely to face up to 3 months of constant heavy snow! WHAT?!??!? Possibly starting this week. So naturally the boiler ran out of oil last night. Goodness, I have been haemorrhaging money this month and haven't even started on Christmas.

On which note, I had the Santa chat with middle son. He just turned 12. I asked him what he knew about Santa. And he replied "that he's not real". I nodded and said, I know, it's really sad that he's not real. (Isn't it just!!!) but I left him and it was obvious he was trying not to cry. Awwwww.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday to your son, and Happy Anniversary to you for becoming a mom to him! I hope the day is very special for you all!

(I love this quiet time of the day, too.)

And congrats on the clothes fitting! I think that is one of the most awesome things about losing weight. Getting back into you favorite things! (And buying new stuff!)
    Last edited by MsSmith; 11-17-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Happy Birthday to your son, and Happy Anniversary to you for becoming a mom to him! I hope the day is very special for you all!
    I guess all mothers must do that thing of remembering the day their baby was born when it's their birthday. I love it. He was, and still is, absolutely gorgeous. I remember we couldn't think of a name so he was called Bug for the first week. I still call him that sometimes.

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Well done on getting back into your old clothes. Somehow that always feels better than buying new, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by randomcapitals View Post
    Well done on getting back into your old clothes. Somehow that always feels better than buying new, don't you think?
    I know what you mean. Old clothes PROVE that you have lost weight whereas new ones you are a little bit suspicious that the sizings aren't true.

However, pride comes before a fall. Today was Bug's birthday. We went into the city and went to the Christmas market. The kids had some pure sugar in the form of marshmallow kebabs smothered in Belgian chocolate. I know, I know, it gets worse. I HAD been IFing but there was a stall selling French dishes and they had Roquefort mussels, I know, think of the dairy! Worse than that they were served with garlic potatoes. (For the love of God someone stop this woman already) so DH and I shared a portion of those. Went shopping and got a few Christmas presents. Went to the cinema, showed some restraint and didn't buy any treats. After the cinema the town was buzzing and everywhere we had considered for dinner was an hour long wait. We ended up in a Mexican restaurant. I plumped for the fiery chicken but this was served with Mexican rice and corn chips. And yes, I ate them.
    Oh, and the soured cream. (More dairy, why are we listening to this woman?) the truth is I really did not enjoy any of it. We have agreed never to go back. The quality of the food wasn't even good.

So now I am nursing a swollen tummy not to mention a bad back. I pulled a muscle while I was out today. The fire is lit, I have taken painkillers and a muscle rub and am having an analgesic in the form of a Shiraz. I always do on the kids birthdays as a little "cheers" to me for having given birth to such wonderful little beings. So cheers everyone. Hope your day went well.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast