Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokin mama page 11

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Rice is the lesser of evils when it comes to grains but could you introduce the teacher to quinoa? Do gently let the teacher know that you have a question about how it is presented.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    I was Good today, again.

But frustrated. So little progress, so tired from work. Stress starting now with family and work. Tired and going to bed. Drawing the rock over the cave entrance until bed.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Bugs is offline Member
    Sleep well my friend. Maybe things will look better tomorrow.

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Feeling frustrated: try tearing up some paper. There's noting quite like that ripping noise for satisfaction.

For God's sake don't do what I did and attempt to kill yourself with crap on a three day binge.

Frustrated? Yes. Stressed? A bit. No.2 son having problems in new school and has had me close to the verge of desperation. Anyway today was better for him and therefore me but I can feel I'm holding on to the anxiety.

Despite feeling like this no RC I did not succumb to rubbish. I even attended an afternoon meeting where the chair had brought everyone the DIRTIEST cream buns ever. I just said no thank you and didn't waiver. This prompted a question from a friend about why not. I had kept mum about the new regime in school and I simply said I had given up sugar and wheat. That was good enough.

I don't know what else is wrong with me but I feel like I've swallowed some rocks. I had avocado, bacon and Brie salad for lunch and I am bloated, constipated and in discomfort now. Discomfort is a mild way to put it, I was bloody Lamaze breathing earlier! I am guessing it was the Brie but hubby thinks it may have been the avocado. He also had an upset stomach post lunch and has no issues with dairy.

I apologise for my lack of mojo at mo. I hate it when I don't feel like myself but life is Draining at the moment And I'm feeling exhausted. I would love to fast forward even a fortnight to 5 more pounds off, (lol) , son well settled, acclimatised to life/work balance again. Then again in a fortnight's time I'll probably look back at this and wish I was back here again.

On the bright side my order of SBC gels arrived today. I now have loads of arnica, collagen, propolis, and a couple of other gels I can't remember so I look forward to using those and having beautiful skin. I must keep off the QVC site. I'm addicted to that channel.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Everything seems so much worse when you're not feeling well. Hopefully by now the problem has passed and the culprit identified. The mojo will return, at least that's what I keep telling myself. In the meantime be proud of yourself for not falling back into old habits.

Well today seems to be a bit better. Still living for the weekend though. Son no. 2 had his 3rd letter from school home in a week. Have just decided that there is one teacher who is an absolute dick and a bit of a bully. I should know. I live and breathe pastoral care in my job. I will observe and allow him to play it his way for the moment but am on the point of attacking back. Such pettiness. The child is only 11 and in the school a week. Today he threw a pair of goggles to his mate who was 5 feet away. His mate dropped them and so my son got a letter home and a 500 word essay on health and safety. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway turns out I have been shedding shit loads of weight and didn't even notice. It's been a very localised weight loss. In my feet! My shoes are flip flopping off me! It just occurred to me that that's where I'm recompositioning. Lol. Sad but true.

Breakfast today was a pop tart. Only kidding, I had BP coffe as per.
    Lunch was half a cup of bone broth, a banana and a nakd bar. Oh dear. The road to hell is paved with lookalikey CW foods.
    Dinner was cauliflower mash, fried cabbage a 3 sausages. Probably one of the least primal days I've had in a while but still within range I hope.

Plans for the weekend are to get out and have fun and de-stress. And get my mojo back. I intend to reclaim my weekends since the week is no longer my own.

Long term goal is to find shoes that bloody fit! Seriously! I remember after I had my babies after about 3 days with each one I looked down and saw my ankles. I thought they were the most slender, well formed ankles in the world. Of course they weren't. It was just in comparison to the bloated pregnancy ankles I had before. Well the same thing is happening to my feet. The rest will follow I am sure. <sighs, rolls eyes back in head, gains 5 pounds as result of karma>

Good morning.

Just checking in to report that pound 1 and 2 have a friend. That's right. Up 3 pounds today. Progress! @#%€%$ !%#}%€#{!
    I feel like I'm being picked on.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Don't feel bad. I am up three pounds from food choices my body didn't like. It is temporary and will go away. I doubt you consumed 12,000 extra calories.

Start doing some elimination. Something you consumed caused it. Personally I cannot eat anything in the cabbage family without suffering for it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Don't feel bad. I am up three pounds from food choices my body didn't like. It is temporary and will go away. I doubt you consumed 12,000 extra calories.

Start doing some elimination. Something you consumed caused it. Personally I cannot eat anything in the cabbage family without suffering for it.
    Really Honeybuns? Cabbage, oh Lordy this is more complex than I thought. Maybe I need to look at my carb sources. I may have had an insulin spike as a result of the nakd bar as I have been having so little fruit. One or two bananas a week only.

Theory no.2 is that my scales are broken. I am actually only a size 2 and all the labels on my clothes must be wrong. Ha! Good one.

Today's menu
    B: BP coffee ( is it bad that I never eat breakfast?)
    Lunch: egg salad
    Snack: BP coffee no.2
    Dinner: epic fail, made cauliflower mash, mushrooms, rib eye steak and fried halloumi. ( first time ever trying halloumi) sat down and stomach said 'no'. Took a couple of mouthfuls of cauliflower and halloumi and then re-plated the rest for tomorrow.

I think it was the second BP coffee. At this rate I'll be lucky if I hit a thousand calories today. This has happened a few times and I'm convinced it's the fat. I probably would have been fine if I hadn't had the second BP. I will dedicate a few hundred calories in the form of liquified grapes later.

Anyway it is the weekend so I am very happy. No more unwarranted notes from churlish teachers. No more aching feet for a few days and time to focus on looking after myself. Hell I might even chuck a couple of weights around at some stage. My inner thighs have finally stopped aching enough to let me sit down without making embarrassing grunting noises. I was getting funny looks in the staff room.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast