Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A guy who might never eat again may soon be a billionaire. Say what? page 2

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Just thinking of food as solely fuel and not an experience is kind of depressing.

Don't get me wrong; if I can fast or have some BP coffee on a lazy day, great.

But if anything, people should be cooking more, not less. And learning to enjoy it. Not inhale it like an inconvenient waste of their time.
    I couldn't agree more! There already are countless types of food that can be mindlessly sucked down. If anything I'd like to see more people learning to not only cook but to eat foods that require a fork and a knife, more time spent at the dinner table enjoying meals and engaging in conversation with one another. We do this at our house but I'm always surprised at how few people actually sit down at a table to eat.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Yeah interesting, but I going to remain an "actual food snob" apart from the occasional grass fed whey protein shake.

Bad name too - has soy in the name so I thought it might contain soy it seems it doesn't .
    Name is a reference to Soylent Green movie.

Wiki: In 2022, with 40 million people in New York City alone, housing is dilapidated and overcrowded; homeless people fill the streets and food is scarce; and most of the population survives on rations produced by the Soylent Corporation, whose newest product is Soylent Green, a green wafer advertised to contain "high-energy plankton", more nutritious and palatable than its predecessors "Red" and "Yellow", but in short supply........... human corpses are converted into Soylent Green wafers

So really bad name.

-------

Wiki :

Soylent is a food substitute intended to supply all of a human body's daily nutritional needs, made from powdered starch, whey protein, olive oil, and raw chemical powders.

Below are the ingredients that Rhinehart arrived at after his first 30 days of experimentation. Many are not readily available and must be ordered from laboratory supply stores.

Carbohydrates (200g), in the form of oligosaccharides such as maltodextrin
    Protein (50g), in a powdered form such as whey protein isolate
    Fat (65g), in the form of olive oil
    Sodium (2.4g), from table salt
    Potassium (3.5g), in the form of potassium gluconate
    Chloride (3.4g), also from table salt Fiber (5g)
    Calcium (1g), in the form of calcium carbonate Iron (18 mg), from an iron chelate
    Phosphorus (1g), from monosodium phosphate Iodine (150μg)
    Magnesium (500 mg)
    Zinc (15 mg) Selenium (70μg)
    Copper (2 mg)
    Manganese (2 mg)
    Chromium (120μg)
    Molybdenum (75μg)

After three months, Rhinehart made some changes based on experience and further reading. He replaced half the maltodextrin with oat flour, and added creatine, coenzyme Q10, and 2 g of sulfur from methylsulfonylmethane. The oat flour provides 40 g of fiber per day, and continues to provide energy after the initial "kick" from the maltodextrin. Because oat flour is not a raw chemical, he had to adjust the amounts of other ingredients to compensate. He adds ethyl vanillin to
    Most of that stuff was written when it seemed like crime was out of control in The USA. Now the media tries to do it despite the reality.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    What's for dinner tonight?

....Wait for it.........

Seeeemen!
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Alexis47 is offline Member
    I like food far too much to consume this gunk. Even if it would make me live fifteen years longer I still wouldn't touch it.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis47 View Post
    I like food far too much to consume this gunk. Even if it would make me live fifteen years longer I still wouldn't touch it.
    You wouldn't live forever, it would just feel that way!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I don't even know why this is innovative. People make these concoctions at home all the time with juices and smoothies and "slop soups."
    Because he tried to do it with a scientific approach rather than some bullshit, ill thought out vegan idea.

Anyway I find this idea very interesting, though I doubt I could do it myself.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    The Man Who Thinks He Never Has to Eat Again Is Probably Going to Be a Billionaire Soon | VICE

Did you see this? Poor guy. Why would you want to waste your life drinking something that "looks like semen".
    Real food is just so much more appealing!
    Doesn't all dairy look like semen?

Who cares about primal though. This is really intriguing for me, but I want to see some facts and empirical studies done before I say anything more.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Ooh, I just thought of the backpacking possbilities. I wonder if it's stable at room temp? If it's compact, it could make an ideal pack food.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We now have a men's and a women's version that should mostly cover the vast majority of people.
    Sexist!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12