Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spot the Primal at the grocery store. Fun game! page

Acmebike is offline Member

Spot the Primal at the grocery store. Fun game!

Shop Now
    Just now off to a Memorial Day BBQ (thank you Vets and those that serve the USA) and hit the super giant grocery. Saw no purchases that seemed to be Primal compliant around me, so I really walked the aisles a few times to find one other Primal guy/gal. I may have:

One dude, college age, fit, not ripped, mild mannered kinda guy but looked like maybe just maybe he could lift 75% of his body weight over head, and scramble up a concrete block wall pretty quick if he needed to. He had a tube of high fat ground beef, a good assortment of veggies, some sour cream (full fat), and some bottled water, and some pork rinds. Decidedly devoid of sugars and grains. Gave him a dude "nod" hello, you men out there know the "wasup?" nod. No organic, no super grass fed free range, but doin' pretty good on a college kid's budget, or a short notice perhaps.

My cart: batteries for my headlamp, diapers for the new baby (we do use cloth washables as much as possible), some bulk ribeyes to feed an army (grassfed one for me thawed in the fridge), some frozen non-sweetened blueberries for a treat post feast.

Feel bad for the folks getting spongecake, coolwhip and sweetened frozen fruit mix, a box of frozen pizza rolls, a 24 pack of beer and 4 cases of soda, bags of chips, cartons of icecream, you know the drill, SAD food. Hope the day comes I see a lot more shoppers like that college kid.

Try this next time you hit the grocer.

jadeocean is offline Member
    It can be so depressing looking in those carts...its frozen,fast,baked,processed crap! I wish I could slip them a pamphlet.
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Many people use this junk as comfort food and that is sad because if they started eating better they probably wouldn't need to be comforted. Vicious cycle!
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

canuckgrl is offline Member
    I have noticed the same thing at the store. I have only been primal for about 6 weeks and I find myself kind of wandering around the grocery store looking for stuff I can buy. Pretty much can do the outside ring - produce dairy and meats. The middle of the store is all boxes of 'food'. Have really notice how much less we spend now too which is always a bonus :-)

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckgrl View Post
    I have noticed the same thing at the store. I have only been primal for about 6 weeks and I find myself kind of wandering around the grocery store looking for stuff I can buy. Pretty much can do the outside ring - produce dairy and meats. The middle of the store is all boxes of 'food'. Have really notice how much less we spend now too which is always a bonus :-)
    You spend a lot less, until you start going for all organic meats. Think $9 a pound for chicken, yowza. It's no wonder the US is so obese when it's so cheap to eat like crap.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    You can spot me with 7 dozen eggs, 3 lbs ground beef and organ meats in my basket. Really I wonder what people think of me hahaha.

Organic meats are a joke. They're fed organic grains and soy. Woo hoo!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha rphlslv! I'd think yum!

Our grocery experience is always hillarious because I have a crying toddler wailing for strawberries AND blueberries! "Plllleaaaaaaaaaaase mama, both TREATS PLEASE!!!" hee hee, it's hard to say no to that, but sometimes the budget just doesn't have room for two TREAT fruits!

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I'll find some primals at Whole Foods. The primals and gluten-free allergy moms get confused, though. I can always spot the vegans and their cartloads of frozen edamame and short, short or long, long hair! The regular grocery store is hopeless. Then there is Wal-mart, with the fat toddlers straddling packages of capri sun and Easy Mac. Gads.

canuckgrl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max[imilian] View Post
    You spend a lot less, until you start going for all organic meats. Think $9 a pound for chicken, yowza. It's no wonder the US is so obese when it's so cheap to eat like crap.
    Non organic chicken here is around $18/kg. ($8.18/lb) I have found a farmer with excellent organic chicken for about the same price so am becoming his new best customer!

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I always find myself looking in peoples carts too. I actually look at the person first, then look in the cart to see if their food matches their appearance. Usually, but not always. Not cause I judge people at all, I just find it intersting what they decide to buy.... I didn't know other people did this too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast