Thread: Questions regarding blood work my wife and me had done page

Zarkh is offline Junior Member

Questions regarding blood work my wife and me had done

So after being primal for three months now, wify and me had some bloodwork done just to make sure we are not doing something terribly wrong with our diet.
    I also needed the bloodwork anyways as praeop diagnose, cause I am getting a minor shoulder surgery later this month.
    Unfortunately, the week before the bloodwork was done was extremely stressful due to the fact, that my father passed away and the funeral was the day before we had the appointment.
    So I had five rums and coke in the evening before the test ( yeah stupid I know, but I really needed those drinks).

I d still like to share the results and like to hear if any of the markers are out of whack.
    I only have the results yet and not talked to a doctor yet.

I have one marker, that is highlighted as too high and that is my
    Vitamin D 3 marker.
    Norm should be 9.3-47 ng/l and mine is 57, but that can't be too bad can it?

here are my other relevant markers:

Fasted Bloodsugar 99 mg/dl (probably a bit of the coke from the drinks in the evening still in it)

Kreatinin 1.0 mg/dl
    MDRD 86 ml/min/1.7m2

Kalium 4.2 mmol/l
    Natrium 141 mmol/l

Cholesterin 191 mg/dl
    Triglyceride 86 mg/dl

HDL 55 mg/dl
    LDL 119 mg/dl

I am a 46-year-old male, 180 cm, 79.3 kg body fat 20.2 %

My wife is a bit concerned about two markers in her blood test, which are out of the norm areas according to the paperwork:

Cholesterin 231 (too high?)
    Triglyceride 66

HDL 75
    LDL 143

MDRD 67 (too low ?)
    MDRD reads as Glomeruläre Filtrationsrate here in Germany and is some kind of marker for the function of the kidney.

My wife is 35, 175 cm and at 69 kg

Do we need to worry ?
    We are basically eating the same food almost 95% of the time full primal.
    We are including dairy in the form of butter, heavy cream and raw milk cheese to our diet.
    "Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set fire to a man, and he's warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett

Annika is offline Senior Member
    All your result look great. 57 is pretty optimal for vitamin D, not too high at all. Your wife's total cholesterol is considered "high" by mainstream standards (over 200), but she's in the sweet spot where death rates are lowest. MDRD = GFR is the US; anything over 60 is normal. Everything looks great! Keep up the good work!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Zarkh is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks so much Annika.
    Seems PB as described by Mark Sisson is the way to go for wify and me.
    We really did it almost 100% by taking the nutritional, fitness and lifestyle advices from his book and his blogposts.
    So there is no need to let ourselves get confused by the deviating suggestions,
    that keep popping up in this forums by a minority of sugar-worshippers.
    "Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set fire to a man, and he's warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett