Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum? page 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The thing is that this type of intrusion seems to happen periodically. Eventually (fingers-crossed) the live-in trolls get bored and move on and then the forum moves back to some semblance of normal.

I don't care one way or another about the bickering, but it does bother me a bit that people come to this forum for advice on the primal blueprint and are given advice that is not at ALL in line with the plan. And they take that advice because they think it is coming from a PB follower. It's a real shame in my opinion.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, I haven't hung out at their forum much but my eating has been heading that direction. (given up alcohol completely and recently quit dairy) My whole life is basically one big whole30.

People sometimes say they are too strict but I say they are just keeping it real.
    Yes, W30 eating comes naturally to me now. I don't worry about what kind of oil is used in restaurants (I am not sensitive to crap oils apparently) and I eat white rice when out for sushi but otherwise, W30 eating for me.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Here is what I think has happened....

There are about 8-10 people that apparently spend about 8 hours a day on here. Many of them are VERY extreme into their fad/ideological diet, and poo-poo anyone that doesn't ascribe to it. Most of their responses are long-winded psuedo-science, attempting to explain why THEIR particular fad/ideology is the "one true path".

The pattern is this:
    - Genuine question.
    - Decent, normal MDA answers.
    - Radical comes in; recommends eating refried panda skin/drinking EVOO whole in place of water/taking aspirin in near lethal doses to artificially give a higher pulse.
    - OP gets confused. Radical (who puts up 40+ posts daily) starts to attack everyone.
    - People with functioning brains answer back.
    - Radical puts up 14 posts of random stuff they googled or got from their kool-aid fad/idealogy site before anyone else has even read anything.
    - Functioning brains explain to OP that "Radical X" is insane, not to listen. Ridicule of radical ensues. OP is long gone, BTW.
    - Radical eventually explains, after being made fun of and proven categorically wrong, that "well, everyone can do what feels good for them", which completely negates the purpose of any site such as this to begin with.
    - Thread dies....comes back months later.....repeat.

Now, go look at how many of the 20+ page posts DON'T follow this pattern
    Waa waaa ;_____;

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Balance is offline Senior Member

There are about 8-10 people that apparently spend about 8 hours a day on here. Many of them are VERY extreme into their fad/ideological diet, and poo-poo anyone that doesn't ascribe to it. Most of their responses are long-winded psuedo-science, attempting to explain why THEIR particular fad/ideology is the "one true path".

The pattern is this:
    - Genuine question.
    - Radical comes in; recommends eating refried panda skin/drinking EVOO whole in place of water/taking aspirin in near lethal doses to artificially give a higher pulse.
    - OP gets confused. Radical (who puts up 40+ posts daily) starts to attack everyone.
    - Radical puts up 14 posts of random stuff they googled or got from their kool-aid fad/idealogy site before anyone else has even read anything.
    - Functioning brains explain to OP that "Radical X" is insane, not to listen. Ridicule of radical ensues. OP is long gone, BTW.
    - Radical eventually explains, after being made fun of and proven categorically wrong, that "well, everyone can do what feels good for them", which completely negates the purpose of any site such as this to begin with.

I have been reading through these forums for awhile now. I have been around a lot less over the last year because of other obligations but I too have noticed the bickering. There are definitely a few outspoken individuals who devote more time to these forums than others. I think as the Paleo/Ancestral diet continues to evolve and gain more momentum people will find deviations that work for their personal situation. As someone who has followed a pretty strict diet for many years I have found that over the last year I had to make some subtle changes which have helped tremendously. I will continue to tweak my diet as my situation changes but I still feel that there are some good folks on this forum who genuinely try to help one another instead of pushing their personal agendas which don't work for everyone.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member

The pattern is this:
    - Genuine question.

You nailed it!!!
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

One question for you people:

why don't you just ignore those threads? obviously a Ray Peat thread is going to have those things, but it takes two to tango. there are still 99% of the threads left with people who don't know any better and will listen to guys like TheyCallMeLazarus because he eats primal and is a "doctor".

Think for yourselves, honestly, do you believe people are incapable of this? You have a pretty low opinion of your demographic, then.

P.S. threads like this don't help, and aren't even about nutrition. All you're doing is complaining instead of making your precious forums "better" by contributing your own information since you're so afraid of differing diets and opinions. Yes, it is as ridiculous as it sounds. Yet, I'm the immature one
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

why don't you just ignore those threads? obviously a Ray Peat thread is going to have those things, but it takes two to tango. there are still 99% of the threads left with people who don't know any better and will listen to guys like TheyCallMeLazarus because he eats primal and is a "doctor".

Think for yourselves, honestly, do you believe people are incapable of this? You have a pretty low opinion of your demographic, then.

P.S. threads like this don't help, and aren't even about nutrition. All you're doing is complaining instead of making your precious forums "better" by contributing your own information since you're so afraid of differing diets and opinions. Yes, it is as ridiculous as it sounds. Yet, I'm the immature one
    Because you guys will swoop in and harvest confused newbies and completely take them off primal. You would totally love it if nobody contradicted your group when they told a newbie that the true path is to eat lots more sugar for weight loss and optimal health. For everybody.

Threads like these certainly don't help you. It doesn't help you when people are aware you have an agenda that is unrelated to Primal. Until the "Ray Peat" threads started coming fast and furious, I had no idea that your agenda was anything but anarchy, trying to hurt newbies by confusing them until they went back to SAD.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 08-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

Then why didn't you just ignore it? Your answer above "waa waa" or whatever, you calling other posters liars, and the comment you made once that you don't listen to anything Mark has to say made me realize that you aren't just someone who has opinions different from mine, but you are someone who thinks it's okay to shit on someone else's lawn (figuratively).

If your message is so fucking awesome, why not all get together and get your own board?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

No one is doing that, at least I'm not. I don't even really post outside journals and those Ray Peat threads, and when I do, it's never even about Ray Peat. I posted in the kale thread recently, and it was kept within "primal laws", same as some cheese thread. I'm not sure if others are doing that, because I don't even look in these threads anymore.

I posted here because I was linked, by someone who doesn't even like Ray Peat, but thinks that you guys that constantly complain about every different opinion are the ones actually making this forum worse. Respectfully.

This isn't the only place I post, but there are people I like here, and the fact the moderation is lax helps make it seem more chill. At least it was, until all this ridiculous drama over diets started again. Your opinions aren't the only ones that matter, you know.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    I mean, they are ALL the interwebs. "Take the best and forget the rest" and all that. Big girl panties (and whatever the guy equivalent is) required.
    I just had to say, at the preschool I worked at, one of the teachers called the boys' underwear "Big Boy Panties." As in, "You're in big boy panties now! You're a big boy!" That always just seemed so wrong...

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast