Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum? page 28

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah, people get all upity about the carb curve and forget that its just part of the program.
    The 10 Primal Blueprint laws are: 1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals 2. Avoid Poisonous Things 3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace 4. Lift Heavy Things 5. Sprint Once in a While 6. Get Adequate Sleep 7. Play 8. Get Adequate Sunlight 9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes 10. Use Your Brain
    Ad 1; Yep, what else can be eaten?!
    Ad 2; that’s relative and depending on dosage, even plain water can be poisonous if overdoing it!
    Ad 3; Slow pace for you is fast pace for me!
    Ad 4; Heavy things for you are easy things for me!
    Ad 5; Once in a while every 24 hours or so!
    Ad 6; At least two hours when dark outside!
    Ad 7; Play with your office assistant every day if you can!
    Ad 8; not too milky and not too much dark chocolate, just saying!
    Ad 9; Make sure not to win the Darwin award!
    Ad 10; it run best on glucose or ketone bodies as a lousy alternative!

Hmm, maybe I am a bit difficult today...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Emelie is offline Junior Member
    I have received great help and answers so far on this forum. I'm sorry I haven't used this resource in my journey before. But I'm new and as on every other forum I've been a part of I will probably notice trolling sooner or later.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Some of you may already be aware of this site - The International Paleo Movement Group on Facebook is great. Lots of good positive banter and some great info. Highly recommend it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116409718456748/

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post

Another point is that if I have to restrict calories all the time and feel deprived constantly in order to lose weight, then this is no different than being on Weight Watchers. To be honest, I had more success on Weight Watchers than I have on primal. At least I actually lost weight on WW, haha!
    Amen sister... Eating primal just allows me to eat mostly anything I want and maintain. Although I have taken off about 5 more pounds with cutting down on alcohol (Thanks for starting that thread PrimalFreedom!!) I just like Magnolia's take because she helped me realize I look how a woman my age actually looks. I'm not chasing my 20 year old self anymore...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen anything different. The evangelists are still here, the pseudo primal fad diets are still here (which appear for a month or two then disappear), the occasional helpful advice is still here.

Moochy is offline Senior Member

moved on

Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I've been a member for a long while, but only pop back here occasionally these days. But I've noticed a real change in the type of responses that posters are getting these days. What's happened? Where has that lovely forum gone with thoughtful, well written answers to questions? Why all the sarcasm and pro-vegan veiled threads. This isn't the place it used to be!
    I think a lot of the folks who were extensively read and highly motivated and curious have moved on and a lot of less read casual type of folks frequent the forum now. My observation after seeing some of the questions posted tell me the authors have not done much reading. I stopped posting myself months ago after getting into disagreement with a few jackholes.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I wish we could go back to the good old days of 2010 when glucose was evil and Gary taubes was the messiah.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4508.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread9680.html

Haha, good one. That cracked me up when I clicked on the thread and saw old Griff. He was a good guy, and I liked his posts, even if I didn't agree with everything. I wonder how he is doing?

Ok, now I read back and see that he seems to be doing well and has lost more weight. Good for him.
    Last edited by john_e_turner_ii; 08-15-2013 at 08:50 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    I think a lot of the folks who were extensively read and highly motivated and curious have moved on and a lot of less read casual type of folks frequent the forum now. My observation after seeing some of the questions posted tell me the authors have not done much reading. I stopped posting myself months ago after getting into disagreement with a few jackholes.
    It is the case with all forums that long-term members get tired of answering the same questions over and over again and burn out. Newbies are always less well informed. Then as they mature, they burn out and are replaced by a new set of new members.

This forum needs stickies for common questions.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Lots of people say that, and I've said that myself. But you can't really compare fat to protein for satiety, unless your talking about someone who isn't taking in enough protein. The body has a fixed need for protein but energy calories are essentially interchangeable. If I am hungry and I decide to substitute chicken breast for energy calories until I am no longer hungry, given that I have already eaten all the protein I need, it's not going to directly give me energy like eating easily digestible fat or carbs would. By the time I am satiated I may still be low in energy, though now I am feeling uncomfortably full.
    The body does not have a fixed need for protein. The higher your stress level is, the more protein you need. This does not only correlate with exercise. Students need more protein when they study for finals. People recovering from injuries need more protein than healthy people. People trying to lose weight need to elevate protein to minimize lean muscle loss during the process. IMO, the least variable macro is fat as protein and carbohydrate requirements hugely depend on your activity level and recovery needs. Fat does little for those things.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    The body does not have a fixed need for protein. The higher your stress level is, the more protein you need. This does not only correlate with exercise. Students need more protein when they study for finals. People recovering from injuries need more protein than healthy people. People trying to lose weight need to elevate protein to minimize lean muscle loss during the process. IMO, the least variable macro is fat as protein and carbohydrate requirements hugely depend on your activity level and recovery needs. Fat does little for those things.
    So what are you trying to say, that this is a moving target, and we can never know? That I might be recovering from a serious injury at this moment yet be unaware of this?

I seriously doubt it, not any more than the idea that it would be reasonable to arbitrarily select the low number on the chart because someone prefers to think they need the least.

Each person has their normal range, which is dependent on their own protein metabolism. There is no justification for a person to consume significantly more protein than they need when losing weight. Though I do think people run into trouble if they normally eat borderline not enough, and then eat even less while on a diet and ramping up their exercise.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 08-15-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast