Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum? page 15

PrimalFocus is offline Member
    Wouldn't a simple solution be to create a sub-section of the forum dedicated to discussing the unadulterated Primal Blueprint. This area of the forum could be moderated, hopefully lightly, to allow those just starting and/or purists to talk through the lifestyle without the more further afield "hacks" coming into play. Then the rest of the discussion can carry on, as is, in the remainder of the forum.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    You people are all fucking nuts.
    I wouldn't go that far, at least in most cases, but I do think that some here might benefit from finding something better to spend their time on, rather than arguing about eating habits.
    Life is short, you know?

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    fwiw [[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]
    Thanks, Paleobird! Right back atcha!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, at least in most cases, but I do think that some here might benefit from finding something better to spend their time on, rather than arguing about eating habits.
    Life is short, you know?
    I like the line from MIB for this sort....

Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
    Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

On this forum we deal with a person, but sometimes they become people. Just human nature really.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Should I be one of the functioning brains and point out that Derpamix is the semi-leader of the pro-starch gang who have crashed a forum whose main philosophy is anti-starch? Derpamix himself proudly admits that he cares little for MDA when he refers to MDA as "your precious forums."

It wouldn't be so bad if the starchers openly declared themselves as pro-sugar. Instead, they hitchhike on the coat tails of Mark's hard work, by claiming to adhere to Paleo while advocating a diet closer to CW-SAD. Bait-and-switch is some of the nastiest cheating of all.

And yes, I do expect Derpamix to fight back, and possibly the henchmen to join the fray. That is fine. My goal is not to win any of the arguments, but simply to identify the pro-sugar forum crashers for who they really are, so that newbies can make their own decisions free from deception.

It's posts like this which make certain any forum descends into garbage. You actually have no idea what you're saying here. Anti-starch? Pro-starch? Deception? So much for functioning brains. Perhaps more humility and less hyperbole would allow it to function slightly better? I'd also say that anyone who opposes freedom of thought and/or new ideas is certainly still hanging on the coat tails of CW.

That, plus folks like Paleobird making hysterical and libelous claims about people. I don't mind at all if someone disagrees with whatever I'm doing at the time, but flat out making stuff up is not becoming of anyone.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Heavy moderation sucks. Its a huge plus that this forum hasn't fallen into that pit. I've quit forums for it.... even if they were moderating opinions opposite mine. I don't live to bicker, but I actually prefer to be engaged. I don't need to be surrounded by a bunch of yes men. I'm secure enough in my logic and knowledge to discuss....even aggressively discuss opposing view points. Its a good thing.
    +1
    I like it when people on this forum discuss different views and oppinions. I learn much more from that, because I get to see both sides of arguments and make me question the theories on another level... Nutrition and Health are fascinating topics I think, so please keep on discussing!
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I like the people who come with different ideas and if they post that OMG, all this meat is awful and eat more potatoes and beans, well, I find it entertaining to watch people explode who think carbs are toxic and all we should eat is coconut oil and bacon.

I also think it is interesting to see what works for others. I would hope people can accept the differences in needs across a population of people. The only thing that makes me sad is the rampant food fear regarding healthy foods. People can't seem to grasp that carb fear is as irrational as fat fear.

I do worry sometimes that participation in this site is supporting disordered eating for some people and that is sad. My hope would be that they can see that what they are doing is not getting them where they want to be and that they see men and women with good health and a healthy approach to eating as the role models.

I would hope they don't moderate as there are some great posters here and I enjoy the often bawdy and humorous evolution of some of these topics that generally end with photos of abs lol!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    It's posts like this which make certain any forum descends into garbage. You actually have no idea what you're saying here. Anti-starch? Pro-starch? Deception? So much for functioning brains. Perhaps more humility and less hyperbole would allow it to function slightly better? I'd also say that anyone who opposes freedom of thought and/or new ideas is certainly still hanging on the coat tails of CW.

That, plus folks like Paleobird making hysterical and libelous claims about people. I don't mind at all if someone disagrees with whatever I'm doing at the time, but flat out making stuff up is not becoming of anyone.
    Great post.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    I think you might find it hard to find a lawyer to sue somebody who hurt your feelings by criticizing you on the internet, unless you want to pay up front of course.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    if lawyers sued for feelings hurting statements made on the internet i'd be screwed and rich all at once
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast