Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum? page 12

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And I'm saying there are others doing the exact same thing that are respected MDA seniors. Paleobird is one of them. Look at it without bias goggles on and you'll see that I am right. The very fact she's arguing against me in the same manner as I am is proof enough.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Here is what I think has happened....

There are about 8-10 people that apparently spend about 8 hours a day on here. Many of them are VERY extreme into their fad/ideological diet, and poo-poo anyone that doesn't ascribe to it. Most of their responses are long-winded psuedo-science, attempting to explain why THEIR particular fad/ideology is the "one true path".

The pattern is this:
    - Genuine question.
    - Decent, normal MDA answers.
    - Radical comes in; recommends eating refried panda skin/drinking EVOO whole in place of water/taking aspirin in near lethal doses to artificially give a higher pulse.
    - OP gets confused. Radical (who puts up 40+ posts daily) starts to attack everyone.
    - People with functioning brains answer back.
    - Radical puts up 14 posts of random stuff they googled or got from their kool-aid fad/idealogy site before anyone else has even read anything.
    - Functioning brains explain to OP that "Radical X" is insane, not to listen. Ridicule of radical ensues. OP is long gone, BTW.
    - Radical eventually explains, after being made fun of and proven categorically wrong, that "well, everyone can do what feels good for them", which completely negates the purpose of any site such as this to begin with.
    - Thread dies....comes back months later.....repeat.
    LOL - 8 to 10 people?! Hyperbole much, or can you just not count?

FYI guys, with every thread like this you're just damaging the forum more.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    He already does, and he makes the effort to, so, again, the burden of proof lies on you to prove it's what you claim. You have come woefully short on that front. You and Laz both. I haven't seen you post one thing that didn't just pertain to opinionated posts, misinformation, and attack on character. This doesn't work in a scientific debate.

They're free to do that, of course. Who knows though, they may be like me and sick of the speculated socio-anthropology and decide to dig deeper into his works and self-medicate. From there, they may find it actually works, and it's all really quite simple.

Sorry, but, this is another fault on your character and why you formulate such weak arguments. You assume, and then when proven wrong, you move the goal post and place the blame on something else. Because, no, you can never be wrong about anything. Nowhere on any forum I'm on has anyone said Ray Peat advocates smoking, but there are pro-smokers following Ray Peat. I've never mentioned Ray Peat in correlation to smoking either. So, you made a wrong assumption, as you're prone to do. Repeatedly.
    It was peatarian.com. Several of the posters were discussing Peat's position that smoking was "anti-estrogenic" and therefore good.
    No, I am not going to wade back through that morass and find it but I have no reason to make it up. Yes, I made an assumption that they were correct because that was in line with your efforts to defend your cigarette habit with pseudo science. You can see why that would seem logical, no? I'm glad it's not the case. Shall we drop this please?

Why do you feel the need to fault my "character"? That really seems like the weaksauce last ditch effort when you do not have a substantive argument left.

And what the heck is "speculated socio-anthropology" and what does it have to do with the price of rice in Hong Kong?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-09-2013 at 09:52 PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_anthropology

http://www.peatarian.com/3578/what-a...how=3578#q3578

I honestly do not see anything else, but, yes, there are a lot of pro-smokers there and I'm one of them.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-09-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Let's all argue about nothing! I didn't read all 12 pages of this crap, but I get the point; lots of people on here act like jerks. Everyone who is upset about this shit needs to walk away and have a grass fed ribeye. Repeat as necessary until you calm down. Also, I drink bulletproof coffee sometimes and beer other times. Spend 3 weeks arguing about that, I'll be busy being awesome. Can't we all just focus on what is important? How much better we all are than regular people!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Let's all argue about nothing! I didn't read all 12 pages of this crap, but I get the point; lots of people on here act like jerks. Everyone who is upset about this shit needs to walk away and have a grass fed ribeye. Repeat as necessary until you calm down. Also, I drink bulletproof coffee sometimes and beer other times. Spend 3 weeks arguing about that, I'll be busy being awesome. Can't we all just focus on what is important? How much better we all are than regular people!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I actually agree with this and it was pretty much my first post in this thread. Though, I'm guilty of boredom posting and carrying on. It's friday night, and I have no social life.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I think you misread some of what he wrote.
    Ah yes..you are cortect.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Rare. With butter on top please.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    LOL - 8 to 10 people?! Hyperbole much, or can you just not count?

FYI guys, with every thread like this you're just damaging the forum more.

Lol! There are half a dozen here already and 2 more off the top of my head who I am surprised haven't had their turn wanking.

Damage?! This is pure gold!

- remember when the forums were good?
    - the forums were never good...

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    Lol! There are half a dozen here already and 2 more off the top of my head who I am surprised haven't had their turn wanking.

Damage?! This is pure gold!

- remember when the forums were good?
    - the forums were never good...
    The "Good Ol Days"... that never existed anywhere but in our minds?

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast