Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum? page 11

magno is online now Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Why not? You seem to fit a lot of wrong in every one of your posts, so, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of fitting in more wrong. Also, talk is cheap, let's see some of your critical analysis put to work and actually refute his work based on scientific fact instead of misrepresentation of the facts. This is what we call useless. So useless, in fact, that I can spend a few minutes on google and post 101382378238438 citations to refute everything you say about sugar and thyroid, progesterone, et al and I know you won't be able to understand it because your scientific knowledge is sorely lacking to say the least.

SO FUNNY. Laz didn't even know what thyroxine was and he had a post on insulin that has been debunked 1000x over. In fact, his posts are mirror images of yours, which is probably why you take such a shine to him.

You know what, Paleobird, I'm going to get my medical license. Then I'm going to come back here, post a picture of it on these forums, and then by credentials suddenly everything I will say will have more clout. I already have several hundred useless credits towards various things, so, it shouldn't take more than the necessary 8 years or so.

Yes, I said I wouldn't post here anymore, but I just can't help myself. I'm attracted to this like a moth to a flame.
    abbreviated version of this nonsense:

"blah, blah blah. im smarter than you because you're dumb and you lack my scientific knowledge (i'll prove it with a piece of paper in the future, er i mean upon getting a license).
    yuckity, yuckity, yuckity i know everything and youre all idiots because you dont listen to me
    i cant help but share my knowledge with you proletariats because i am virtuous"

me thinks this is what the creator of this thread meant in asking "what happened to this forum?"

i am magno

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, we know you are a google fu wizard. So what? The last time you put up a wall of citations supposedly proving that smoking was a good thing, I demolished each and every one of them.

This is really hilarious. The guy who can't decide on what to major in mocks the actual doctor. (and makes up outright fabrications about him). And, yeah, if Laz lived here and was single I would totally ask him to marry me. That's because he's smart. He can see through the BS that Peat spews that has all you sugar bees baffled. Seriously. Read Peat. Not the whisperers. It's hogwash.
    No you didn't. Not even once. I didn't reply to your post about my cigarette citations because it wasn't worth replying to, because you injected personal opinions into it again and ignored the science behind the benefits of nicotine. You never even replied to the Peat post.

I have read Peat. I have talked to Peat. I don't like education because it's based on a foundation of lies and breeds more liars. The only thing having a certificate proves is that you were able to sell out and forfeit all dissenting opinions of your own to follow exactly what is written in old propagandist literature and textbooks. I have yet to see proof that TheyCallMeLazarus has any medical knowledge whatsoever and wouldn't get a malpractice lawsuit on him for some of his opinions that he parrots from blogs.

If you'd like for me to prove my intelligence we can post our PISA test results and IQ test results. I'd ask for photographic evidence though, since anyone can lie about them. Believe me, if I wanted to, I could have been anything, but it's just not for me. I have other plans, but I haven't exactly found a niche that can hold my interest long enough.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by magno View Post

"blah, blah blah. im smarter than you because you're dumb and you lack my scientific knowledge (i'll prove it with a piece of paper in the future, er i mean upon getting a license).
    yuckity, yuckity, yuckity i know everything and youre all idiots because you dont listen to me

me thinks this is what the creator of this thread meant in asking "what happened to this forum?"

i am magno
    Yes, good guy, conveniently ignore everyone else's post of the same exact thing because you happen to agree with them. Hypocrite. I admit I'm a pompous ass, but no one else can seem to admit the same. So, your post just bounces right off me.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by L0kI View Post
    As a newbie, this thread has really helped me understand some context that I must've been missing when asking questions. Even though its just one big argument, it was helpful for me to gauge who seems to really know what they're talking about and who seems to be pushing an agenda / stirring a pot. I can say that it's been a bit of a trial by fire joining here b/c of the aggressive, sarcastic and/or dismissive comments replying to some questions (certainly not everyone, but some people are really damn pissed that someone would ask such a 'stupid' question). Anyway, it's no one's responsibility to make this a love-in, but this thread certainly gave me some answers as to why some ppl seem so crusty, cryptic or contradicting my understanding of this way of eating.
    I'm glad you are able to take something positive from it. It's a shame when newbies just trying to ask a question get caught in all the crossfire around here.

i am magno
    Hehehehe, thanks for the chuckle , mango. I was thinking the same thing.

No you didn't. Not even once. I didn't reply to your post about my cigarette citations because it wasn't worth replying to, because you injected personal opinions into it again and ignored the science behind the benefits of nicotine. You never even replied to the Peat post.

I have read Peat. I have talked to Peat. I don't like education because it's based on a foundation of lies and breeds more liars. The only thing having a certificate proves is that you were able to sell out and forfeit all dissenting opinions of your own to follow exactly what is written in old propagandist literature and textbooks. I have yet to see proof that TheyCallMeLazarus has any medical knowledge whatsoever and wouldn't get a malpractice lawsuit on him for some of his opinions that he parrots from blogs.

If you'd like for me to prove my intelligence we can post our PISA test results and IQ test results. I'd ask for photographic evidence though, since anyone can lie about them. Believe me, if I wanted to, I could have been anything, but it's just not for me. I have other plans, but I haven't exactly found a niche that can hold my interest long enough.
    Oh, Derp. Quit with the childish blather. Neither I nor Laz has to prove anything to anyone.

Peat, who is making outlandish claims that run contrary to decades of well established verified facts, need to back up his BS. He doesn't in his writings.

Yes, good guy, conveniently ignore everyone else's post of the same exact thing because you happen to agree with them. Hypocrite. I admit I'm a pompous ass, but no one else can seem to admit the same. So, your post just bounces right off me.
    another interpretation:
    "i have never met you or spoken to you; yet i know who you agree with and what you think. i am all knowing.

in fact, i am so smart, that i know you are a hypocrite before even speaking with you or asking what you think of the other nonsense on this thread

i am so strong and sure that i am right and everyone else is wrong that i will attack your credibility to prove it"

again, the question remains, "what happened to this forum?"

i am magno

You kinda do. It's easy to sit behind and call something ridiculous even if there are "established" facts to the contrary, when you're not able to properly refute it yourself. Burden of proof lies on you, not him, since you're the one claiming he's wrong. Someone who has dedicated decades to this research and defends his hypothesis just fine. You've what, dedicated some hours of your life posting in large disinformation on a forum? You're so quick to try and discredit him you even posted that he was pro-cigarette, so I question the extent of your knowledge on the subject.

The reason I brought up the tests on my behalf is because you're so quick to call me stupid, and praise someone that hasn't even earned it(everyone can lie online, he has done nothing to prove he has any degree and speaks unlike any medical professional I've ever seen). Not saying I have, but in this case I have some merit to get proof from my accusers.
    nihil

another interpretation:
    "i have never met you or spoken to you; yet i know who you agree with and what you think. i am all knowing.

in fact, i am so smart, that i know you are a hypocrite before even speaking with you or asking what you think of the other nonsense on this thread

i am so strong and sure that i am right and everyone else is wrong that i will attack your credibility to prove it"

again, the question remains, "what happened to this forum?"

i am magno
    Your last post went beyond to prove what I said from my interpretation. It's likely not true for the large part, but I was mostly just addressing your attack on me as I have the right to do.

Nothing against you, like you said, I don't even know you, and I don't take this shit that seriously.

Btw, it takes two to tango, as I've said, so the question remains "why are you doing the same thing to this forum?"

This is where the hypocritical part comes into play.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-09-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    No, you have it backward. The onus is on the person making the unproven pseudo-scientific claims to back it up. I am not asking that anybody believe my word for it that his writings are hogwash. I am asking that they read it for themselves and see that it is hogwash.

The time I had heard he was pro cigarette was from one of the peat forum cites not his writing directly and since it went with your weak efforts to defend smoking, I took it to be true. It's good to know that is not the case.

He already does, and he makes the effort to, so, again, the burden of proof lies on you to prove it's what you claim. You have come woefully short on that front. You and Laz both. I haven't seen you post one thing that didn't just pertain to opinionated posts, misinformation, and attack on character. This doesn't work in a scientific debate.

They're free to do that, of course. Who knows though, they may be like me and sick of the speculated socio-anthropology and decide to dig deeper into his works and self-medicate. From there, they may find it actually works, and it's all really quite simple.

Sorry, but, this is another fault on your character and why you formulate such weak arguments. You assume, and then when proven wrong, you move the goal post and place the blame on something else. Because, no, you can never be wrong about anything. Nowhere on any forum I'm on has anyone said Ray Peat advocates smoking, but there are pro-smokers following Ray Peat. I've never mentioned Ray Peat in correlation to smoking either. So, you made a wrong assumption, as you're prone to do. Repeatedly.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    simply pointing out the ecocentric, agenda oriented tone on MDA - "what happened to this forum?"
    i dont tango

i am magno

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast