Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change in appetite page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I've been primal for a little over 2 weeks now. I eat one large breakfast and not-so-heavy dinner and a snack or two in between. But for the last 2 days, I find myself hungry between b/f and dinner and the snacks don't seem enough. I know I should just listen to my body and eat, but I'm curious about the change in my appetite pattern. There hasn't been much change in my exercise patter.

My b/f is about 900+ calories. And my fat intake is anywhere from 50-65%.

vonterschpe Guest

I've been kinda feeling the same thing. I'm not really feeling hungry. Like my stomach isn't grumbling or anything, but I just have this urge to eat. I snack on almonds and/or make some eggs or something. I guess its more of like a craving for something. Idk what. I just feel like once i eat some sort of particular food it will go away, but I can't put my finger on the food. This is beginning to get frustrating and idk what to eat to make it go away!!!

Same here vonterschpe, I ate and ate and ate last night - lots of veggies, fried liver, goat-cheese, sprouted lentils, but eating a tiny piece of dark chocolate ended it. Could it be carb-craving in disguise?

sofiawahaj Guest

Sprouted lentils? Does that count as your 20% non-primal time or are sprouted lentils actually primal? Just curious.

My husband and I also get crazy cravings and can't figure out what it is, but just eat some nuts or something (my fave is chicken dipped in almond butter) and it seems to go away. It is weird b/c when we first started going primal, we didn't feel hungry at all! Maybe we need more fat? I need to do the fitday analysis one of these days to see where I really am. I just can't be bothered to measure and record everything I eat yet. But I will soon.

Yeah, when I started primal, I had no appetite and had to force myself to eat, since I wasn't getting in enough calories.

Lentils are in the ok non-primal foods list. I suppose they count as 20% non-primal. Anything + almond butter is my favorite.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/beans-legumes-carbs/

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I want to ask, are you keeping busy during the afternoon? Engaged in something that doesn't let your mind wander too much?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

BigBeck89 Guest

yea I eat a big breakfast and then work a 10hr day day at a physical labor oriented job, usually don't eat again till dinner...i don't feel hungry but once I start its hard to stop. just tonight I had an omlette with half a head of cabbage and some onions and bacon. then some more bacon with the rest of the cabbage(sauteed in butter) plus a ton of cherry tomatoes...It's all primal food, but still amounts can get a little ridiculous. I know that if I would just eat a bigger lunch I could probably prevent these primal feasts

vonterschpe Guest

Primalchild,

You know what, that just may be it. I tend to just sit around during the afternoon after my summer class gets over. And then am not usually active until the later afternoon. Maybe I just feel like eating b/c i'm bored... I guess I have always been on the look out for bored eating, but just needed someone to point it out. Thanks!

Primalchild,

I know what you're referring to, that used to happen all the time pre-primal. If I got bored, I'd look for something to eat. But I think yesterday and today, I was genuinely hungry. And I was really famished when I came home this evening. To answer your question, I work at the desk most day - computer programming, sometimes my mind does wander

I just checked my Fitday for the last 2 days and my carb intake, albeit primal, has been around 100 gms. Could that be the reason?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast