Thread: Weight Gainer Shake Recipes? page

elfman5150 is offline Member

Weight Gainer Shake Recipes?

Primal Fuel
    So I'm trying to gain weight (as 'cleanly' as possible) and am looking for some ideas for weight-gainer shakes I can make at home. I know eating real food is a lot better than purchasing expensive weight gain supplements, so I've decided to make my own. The only real reason I want it in shake form is that it's a lot easier to drink calories without getting stuffed, than to eat them. I tend to eat slowly, and that makes it more difficult to down more food. Here's what I'm thinking for a shake idea:

1 cup milk
    2T almond butter/peanut butter (I can tolerate peanuts well)
    1/2 cup oatmeal (I can also tolerate that)
    1 banana OR 1/2 sweet potato
    1 scoop whey (optional)

Does that seem like a good combo? What are some other choices? Again, the main reason I am doing this is because I'm one of those guys who truly does have trouble putting on weight. Thanks for any advice.
    Chris

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elfman5150 View Post
    So I'm trying to gain weight (as 'cleanly' as possible) and am looking for some ideas for weight-gainer shakes I can make at home. I know eating real food is a lot better than purchasing expensive weight gain supplements, so I've decided to make my own. The only real reason I want it in shake form is that it's a lot easier to drink calories without getting stuffed, than to eat them. I tend to eat slowly, and that makes it more difficult to down more food. Here's what I'm thinking for a shake idea:

1 cup milk
    2T almond butter/peanut butter (I can tolerate peanuts well)
    1/2 cup oatmeal (I can also tolerate that)
    1 banana OR 1/2 sweet potato
    1 scoop whey (optional)

Does that seem like a good combo? What are some other choices? Again, the main reason I am doing this is because I'm one of those guys who truly does have trouble putting on weight. Thanks for any advice.
    Chris
    Ice cream is good. Raw eggs too. If you're gonna do peanut butter, do it like this:

1 scoop unflavored unsweetened whey powder
    1-4 raw eggs
    1 large pinch cocoa powder
    2 tbsps peanut butter
    milk
    dash of salt
    blender action

You need an egg because the lecithin from it helps the cocoa powder mix with the milk. These taste like Reese's peanut butter cups and will get you swole in a jiffy.

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Ice cream is good. Raw eggs too. If you're gonna do peanut butter, do it like this:

1 scoop unflavored unsweetened whey powder
    1-4 raw eggs
    1 large pinch cocoa powder
    2 tbsps peanut butter
    milk
    dash of salt
    blender action

You need an egg because the lecithin from it helps the cocoa powder mix with the milk. These taste like Reese's peanut butter cups and will get you swole in a jiffy.
    That sounds so delicious! I'm gonna try that after my workout today - thanks a bunch!