Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (drheather) page

drheather is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (drheather)

OK, taking the plunge and starting a journal. Have been primal since July 22. At 5'10", starting at 212 lbs (ugh). Long history of diets on and off, with weight varying by 30 lbs or more. My first inkling that a wheat free diet was better for me was when I lost 30 lbs on the South Beach diet (which came back as I ate more whole wheat bread.)
    Have been Primal on and off, but at age 45 it's time to deal with the weight issue once and for all!
    Last weigh-in 204.5 on Aug. 5. Good progress....though had a cheat day yesterday-2 huge margaritas and some Prosecco (girls night out with my sister at the end of a business trip.) Otherwise have been doing well, cut way back on my red wine and hard cider habit which is the hardest thing for me to cut. The meat and veggies part is easy.
    Exercise: 5 factor fitness program (Harley Pasternak), regular weight training with light cardio (elliptical trainer.) After I finish that will move to the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. Gotta keep that muscle mass!

Good day today though traveling.
    Breakfast-at airport, Dunkin' Donuts ham and egg (didn't eat the english muffin of course), coffee wih cream
    Lunch-back home-Paleo on the Go meatball marinara (yum), spinach salad with carrots, broccoli and vinaigrette
    Dinner-half a grass fed ribeye steak, lots of squash and zucchini, 1 hard cider
    Exercise: Did a quick weight training workout and walked wih my dogs

Good day today-went to the health food store and stocked up with grass fed goodness, did a bunch of yard work including buying mums to plant, and generally kept active all day.
    Also bought a Roomba vacuum robot, started it up today-very cool little device. Lots of dog hair coming up even though I swept before starting it up so the trap wouldn't fill in 5 minutes. Tomorrow is a good cleaning for the wood floor once it's dust and hair free.
    Haven't weighed in as my fingers feel a bit swollen. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good morning to check in on progress.

Another day of yard work and housecleaning yesterday, was on my feet all day and was rewarded with 203.5 on the scale today (after 205.5 a couple of days ago). Can't wait to get under 200 for good!

Down 9 lbs so far, about 3 weeks in. DH has gone primal with some craft beer cheats, and after a tough first week and a better second week has lost 8 and is now feeling great. I am having some stomach upset the last few days, worse today-hoping it's not last year's bout of colitis coming back. Otherwise all is going well, doing short weightlifting sessions and light cardio on the elliptical.

Tough couple of days: what I thought was a stomach bug or off meal has turned into a bout of gastritis, which I've had a couple of times in the last 18 months. Constant stomach discomfort, intermittent nausea, bathroom visits, etc. Fortunately I know what it is now and have meds to help. This has wiped out my energy, just trying to keep going through it.
    Last edited by drheather; 08-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Weighed in at 201.5 today, 10.5 lbs down. I am going to lay off on the weighing after this and focus on how I feel-am down a pamts size so going to focus on my energy level and how my pants fit for now.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Wow well done drheather. That's fantastic news. Those are the sort of results I wish I was seeing. Hope your tummy issues settle down.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Stomach is still quite unhappy-a night out last night with a few drinks probably didn't help. Otherwise things are good-energy level is stable. Did yard work today for exercise. No problems keeping to the Primal eating plan, and I feel very satisfied with 2 meals / day.
    My husband is very happy with his results, also down a pants size and about 10 lbs in 3 weeks or so. He loves cereal and bagels so this is quite a change for him-hoping the good results continue to keep him motivated.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still having tummy issues, but feeling good otherwise. Took measurements yesterday to track instead of weight. Seeing the difference in how my clothes fit is motivation enough! Have a business trip the next two days so eating optimally will be a little harder, but am not concerned-we can get meat and veggies anywhere!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast