Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What is it with nuts/seeds causing rapid weight gain? page 10

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    Twinkles are horrible you guys over analyze way to much.. The point was , even though she was eating a healthy food you can still get FAT, just like eating garbage you can still lose FAT.. No one said eating twinkles was healthy..

Any to whoever said gaining weight is a good thing ,.. Your right as long as its muscle .. I don't know about u but if I'm gaining weight and my abs disappear it's time to re think my diet.. Now if the scale is going up and I'm looking leaning and feeling stronger then bravo.
    I was speaking in terms of health rather than vanity....

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Now if the scale is going up and I'm looking leaning and feeling stronger then bravo.
    Wet dream!!! Soul for sale to achieve this!!!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Vast majority of natural foods in the world is either HC/LF, HP/HF, HP/LF. Very few foods are HF/HC like avocados, full-fat milk, and nuts. They share that profile with artificial foods, like baked goods, bread&cheese and sweetened chocolate.

I don't demonize avocados, just don't like them and don't think they are a necessary part of a diet.

EDIT: that's my theory, and I don't expect anyone to believe it or accept it.
    You consider 6 carbs in 1/2 avocado high carb? I don't think anyone said they were necessary.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    On its own (and that's a half of a pretty small avocado) - nope, but in combination with all the fat, and smallness of portion for XXX calories = sameness to nuts (unsatiating while very high in calories). Dunno, for me it's best to steer clear of both. HP/HC/LF seems to be my formula. Maybe.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-09-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

slimshady01 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I was speaking in terms of health rather than vanity....
    I choose vanity while eating healthy , not eating healthy and have a spare tire because I'm eating to much. I'm not a polar bear saving fat for hibernation ,

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    In terms of a purely Primal approach using whole foods, a lower fat/higher carbohydrate diet in equal calories would probably yield a superior body composition in most people than a higher fat/lower carbohydrate diet, assuming protein consumption remains constant. Reason being is there is less dietary fat to be stored, carbohydrates are more anabolic than fats (yielding superior musculature), and carbohydrate raises the metabolic rate where fats do not, possibly yielding a slight metabolic advantage (and boy do I HATE the phrase "metabolic advantage!").
    So you're saying higher carb is better for body comp, say, even if you're sedentary? Isn't high carb + sedentary what leads to insulin resistance, and the "skinny fat" composition, i.e. high body fat but thin? In addition, this is all assuming you're in a caloric deficit-bc in a surplus those extra calories will go to body fat either way, from fat or carbs.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910